Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ohh, haha, no worries.

Well if you like blue aluminum, those wheel nuts are nice
Old 01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I'm still waiting for the red aluminum shock caps and gold front nitride shafts to get in stock. Also need a ball diff rebuild kit.

Would be nice to see the aluminum rear hubs and aluminum rear wheel nuts in stock somewhere too. Yesterday someone at the track broke a rear hub. Interesting break too. Snapped all the way across the top of the toe insert hole. Complete separation.

Marcus or anyone else using the TSR bladders...are you having an issue with the caps bleeding excress oil? Like, puking out and loosing half the shock capacity? One of the bladders will not seal. Was thinking of gluing them.
yes mine were doing the same thing, last night i sanded the shock bodies down .015 to create a tighter seal, wont know til saturday if it will work though but it should. and it was always the same shock on the rear right???

FYI black nitride is stronger than the gold titanium nitride! the standard in the machining world is black nitride for tool wear. a black tool will last almost double the life of a gold coated tool, i have the black shafts on my ride!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not a bad idea on the bodies. I might try that on next rebuild. Two of my bladders leak pretty bad. Right now I have the bleeder screws in.

Interesting about the black vs. gold shafts. I haven't installed the gold rears yet. I might order the black fronts though. I also have the front & rear shock dust boots. They work very well.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Got a laugh out of this, apparently they are going fast--enlarge the pic for best "QUALITY"..
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inion-Gear-19T

Last edited by flame56mx; 01-11-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Got a laugh out of this, apparently they are going fast--enlarge the pic for best "QUALITY"..
What makes me sick is that someone at AMain had to take the picture, think it was perfect, give it to the Web guys, and they approved it for the site....
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What makes me sick is that someone at AMain had to take the picture, think it was perfect, give it to the Web guys, and they approved it for the site....
Lol, what could they have been thinking, I would be embarrassed if that thing was at the bottom of my trashcan..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I like my pinions with a little more rust on them seriously though, what the heck were they thinking
Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Not a bad idea on the bodies. I might try that on next rebuild. Two of my bladders leak pretty bad. Right now I have the bleeder screws in.

Interesting about the black vs. gold shafts. I haven't installed the gold rears yet. I might order the black fronts though. I also have the front & rear shock dust boots. They work very well.
right now i am at -.015 for how much i ground off. i gotta say that open bleeders feel soooooo much better than emulsion. Emulsion just felt stiff and unresponsive even on the track but i had no choice at the time. hopefully my sanding will fix it but just in case i ordered a set of TLR22 bladders which i hear are thicker.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
right now i am at -.015 for how much i ground off. i gotta say that open bleeders feel soooooo much better than emulsion. Emulsion just felt stiff and unresponsive even on the track but i had no choice at the time. hopefully my sanding will fix it but just in case i ordered a set of TLR22 bladders which i hear are thicker.
Marcus, I was thinking, but wouldn't shaving off the top of the shock body make the bladder seal less tight? I would think that you want the bladder as far up into the shock cap as possible. Or is that the issue, you think? The bladder is pushed up too far and gets tilted slightly?

I was thinking of using the 22 bladders as well. I bet they seal 10x better. I liked open bleeders as well but for now I need to have them in or else I end up with no shock oil.

Also, I seemed to have lost one, just one, TSR foam insert. No idea how, but when I opened the one shock that was leaking everywhere it was gone. I'm on the super soft inserts now. *shrug*
Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

17.5 blinky class

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:39 AM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
17.5 blinky class

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Nice vid and smooth driving Teeforb
That green buggy does not look like it's got 17.5 blinky.
Funny how he blasts thru the rythm section multiple times and take you out half the time.
Wish we had a 17.5 blinky at our local track.
We barely get any buggies to come out and it's almost always mod.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS
Nice vid and smooth driving Teeforb
That green buggy does not look like it's got 17.5 blinky.
Funny how he blasts thru the rythm section multiple times and take you out half the time.
Wish we had a 17.5 blinky at our local track.
We barely get any buggies to come out and it's almost always mod.
actually, i can do the same only 80% of the time. the other 20% i'll crash and will loose too much time. Something about that jump when you go full speed to make the triple, it makes me noise dive. i can't seem to figure it out. However, u see the rest of the empty space behind the track.... that's the track extension this will almost double the track size... we are all excited! it'll be a lot easier to run 10 to 11 buggies in one heat with a larger track!

OH, and that guys races 3 days a week EVERYWEEK! LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Marcus, I was thinking, but wouldn't shaving off the top of the shock body make the bladder seal less tight? I would think that you want the bladder as far up into the shock cap as possible. Or is that the issue, you think? The bladder is pushed up too far and gets tilted slightly?

I was thinking of using the 22 bladders as well. I bet they seal 10x better. I liked open bleeders as well but for now I need to have them in or else I end up with no shock oil.

Also, I seemed to have lost one, just one, TSR foam insert. No idea how, but when I opened the one shock that was leaking everywhere it was gone. I'm on the super soft inserts now. *shrug*
by shaving off the bottom of the cap it puts more pressure on the sealing surface of the bladder. the bottom of the cap stops on the shock body , not the bladder. no need for inserts with open bladder.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Don't laugh too hard, my 210 diff rings looked identical to those pinions
Old 01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Don't laugh too hard, my 210 diff rings looked identical to those pinions
What? the ones in your kit were messed up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.