Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone have an issue with ball diff nuts? Mine broke on the first rebuild. Anyone know of an all-metal diff nut?

Not that it matters, though. Can't race anytime soon since this retard in an SCT demolished my front shock tower because he can't watch what's in front of him on track.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Diff gears

Originally Posted by bbgjeeps
It comes from ARRMA which is a sister company of Team Durango.
It drops right in with no shimming needed. I run it with 3000CST oil and it works great. You can get all the parts from Tower Hobbies for about $24.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...MA&S2=&S3=&S4=

You'll need the ARRMA Diff Gear Idler Gear Set, ARRMA Diff Gear Outdrives and the ARRMA Diff Gear Maintenance Set. It all goes together very easy, just add the diff oil of choice.

Just make sure you put the 210 Diff bearings on the idler gear before you install the outdrives as the bearings won't fit over them.

BTW, the ARRMA slipper clutch pads are the same as the 210's. I haven't tried their spur gears yet....
Thanks Mate,
Really appreciate it.

Chris
Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Anyone have an issue with ball diff nuts? Mine broke on the first rebuild. Anyone know of an all-metal diff nut?

Not that it matters, though. Can't race anytime soon since this retard in an SCT demolished my front shock tower because he can't watch what's in front of him on track.

Hmm, I had mine apart and re-greased my thrust bearings and didnt have any issues with the nut, but it's a possibility. I haven't seen anything as far as an aluminum one. I have a CF front tower on mine, but I do have a couple spare stock ones if you cant find another..
Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Hmm, I had mine apart and re-greased my thrust bearings and didnt have any issues with the nut, but it's a possibility. I haven't seen anything as far as an aluminum one. I have a CF front tower on mine, but I do have a couple spare stock ones if you cant find another..
From what I've found online you can't get just the nut. There's a thrust kit, which is the nut, spring, and screw.

Losi has an aluminum nut for the 22. Going to hit up my local hobby shop and look around and see what I can find. I think the XXX-CR nuts would fit too.

This is the first EVER thrust diff nut I've broken, and all of the previous ones have been plastic as well.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
From what I've found online you can't get just the nut. There's a thrust kit, which is the nut, spring, and screw.

Losi has an aluminum nut for the 22. Going to hit up my local hobby shop and look around and see what I can find. I think the XXX-CR nuts would fit too.

This is the first EVER thrust diff nut I've broken, and all of the previous ones have been plastic as well.
If I remember correctly, the Losi thrust screw/nut is smallish in diameter, but keep us in the loop if it works. I like the way Kyosho diff's are setup, basically a replaceable plastic cage (comes with gear set) with a normal nylon lock nut, but I cant see it working in this case..
Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Thanks Arno from petit RC for throwing this together for me in one easy to find page:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...217/index.html
Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well got a good first night of racing on my beast, broke the rear tower due to driver error (shiny side first into the wall) other than that and a few minor tweaks the car felt 1000x better than my old SP2
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Essential 210 hop-ups?

I've seen several nice hop-ups thoughout the many pages of this thread. As I'm currently waiting for my full line of Durangos to arrive, I'd like to prepare. There are many nice-to-have items, but I'm looking for the gotta-haves. After some time of testing, what would you say are the essentialts of must-have upgrades that I can order even before the build?

Now, I'm off to the 410 thread to ask the exact same question there for the V3.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spiro
I've seen several nice hop-ups thoughout the many pages of this thread. As I'm currently waiting for my full line of Durangos to arrive, I'd like to prepare. There are many nice-to-have items, but I'm looking for the gotta-haves. After some time of testing, what would you say are the essentialts of must-have upgrades that I can order even before the build?

Now, I'm off to the 410 thread to ask the exact same question there for the V3.
The normal spares, all the tuning parts (apart from springs) are included in the kit.
-Shock Towers, wishbones, hubs.

The car is very durable, you have to hit things very hard to break it! A local racer has owned a cougar, 201, X factory X6 (mid motor b4 conversion), B44 and a 22, and has commented that the DEX210 is the strongest and most reliable car he has owned and he races it everyweek.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris-s
The normal spares, all the tuning parts (apart from springs) are included in the kit.
-Shock Towers, wishbones, hubs.

The car is very durable, you have to hit things very hard to break it! A local racer has owned a cougar, 201, X factory X6 (mid motor b4 conversion), B44 and a 22, and has commented that the DEX210 is the strongest and most reliable car he has owned and he races it everyweek.
The two most important spare parts on this car IMO, are rear shock tower, and rear inner toe blocks.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wondering what shock springs you guys would recommend for a mid motor setup on indoor asphalt . I recall reading that some of you guys were running Losi springs. If you recommend Losi,could you tell me which ones and if not please tell me which Durango springs would work. THANKS
Old 12-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by junebugg
Just wondering what shock springs you guys would recommend for a mid motor setup on indoor asphalt . I recall reading that some of you guys were running Losi springs. If you recommend Losi,could you tell me which ones and if not please tell me which Durango springs would work. THANKS
I hear the kit springs are pretty good for mid-motor on high traction surfaces.

Whenever I build a kit I always start with the kit setup and work from there.

Most people run Losi springs because that's what is available to them and they need something different than the kit springs.

I run Losi's because I don't like having all my springs the same color and only a small line of paint on the coil to tell which spring it is.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ride Height

Where exactly do people measure their ride height from?

Struggling to get anything above 20 from kit springs in the rear. Spring preloads are almost maxed out. Anyone having the same issues?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Ride height

Originally Posted by Sleepstream
Where exactly do people measure their ride height from?

Struggling to get anything above 20 from kit springs in the rear. Spring preloads are almost maxed out. Anyone having the same issues?
Two words : droop screws
Wind then in to gain more ride height
Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

you shouldnt ever need to use droop screws to get ride height. i would check the shocks and make sure theres no binding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.