R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree27Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #14956
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coral Gables
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Any one have have a good base line set up for aggressive steering? Meaning i need more stweering! Any info would be great thanks. It's been a while wheeling a 2wd buggy. Thanks
2SlowTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #14957
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default dex210 servo horn

Who makes a 23t aluminum servo horn for the dex210? Is tlr22 the same length?
nwlm43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #14958
Tech Regular
 
Pittster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Newcastle NSW
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SlowTC View Post
Any one have have a good base line set up for aggressive steering? Meaning i need more steering! Any info would be great thanks. It's been a while wheeling a 2wd buggy. Thanks
To get more front steering in mine I went a different front tyre (aka 3 rib to holeshot) added front droop went one harder in the rear spring.

Another thing to try is 3mm trailing on the front hubs instead of the kit 4mm.

You will never get a 2wd buggy to turn like a 4wd but (in my experience I could be wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlm43 View Post
Who makes a 23t aluminium servo horn for the dex210? Is tlr22 the same length?
I use the TLR alloys horns and they work perfect they have the same offset as the stock Durango one.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1555
__________________
Team Associated B6D, Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.0, Hobbywing V10 7.5t
Team Associated B64D, Speed Passion Reventon Pro 1.1, Hobbywing V10 G2 6.5t
Team Associated B5M CE, Tekin Rs Gen2, Fleta ZX 17.5t
Pittster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #14959
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Hi,

I've been looking for several days now, and somehow i can't find what i'm looking for. I have a Team Durango Dex210 RTR. Which comes as a rear motor (3 spurs). I've tried to make it a mid motor (still with 3 spurs), but if i do so, after completion the build, the car runs backwards.

What i've tried so far is adjusting the transmitter (didn'tn work), tried to switch the plate to the other side (reversing the engine and so (didn't work, because the shaft doesn't fit or i have to make changes in the gearbox, but what i've read so far, is that this is a car which should easily go from rear motor to mid motor, so that seems a bit too far for me), contacted the supplier (who drives a Dex410, but also he couldn't tell whats wrong). Programming the esc doesn't work (stock esc, speedpassion motor, with no adjustment possibilities). And offcourse, searching the internet...

I hope anyone here can tell me what i'm doing wrong, because i really want to set it up mid motor. So... Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Because of my stupidity, i posted the question above wrong, but RC10Nick gave a reply and told me to ask my question here;

Did you follow the instructions when you switched to MM? You can mount the motor on either side of the transmission case depending on if you go 4 gear or 3 gear, and if you put it on the wrong side, it will run backwards. For mm3, the spur gear should be on the right side of the transmission case.

As he said, it has to be on the other side. But if i try that, the shaft where the large spur is connected to, will not fit. Seems like it will only fit one way (or do I have to open the gearbox and make a change there?
RoMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #14960
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,299
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

You have to open the transmission case to do it. There's a bearing supporting the top shaft that you need to move from one side of the case to the other. That's what is keeping you from being able to put the top shaft in the correct side.
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #14961
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

RC10Nick nailed it. You'll need to open the tranny case to make it happen. The Durango instructions are not the best I've ever seen, but once you've torn into the car once or twice you'll find they really aren't needed.

If you don't have it handy, here's a link to the Durango insert guide. This is VERY handy to have. I can't post an actual link, because I don't have enough posts yet, but you can probably figure it out.

www_team-durango_com/blog/2011/10/27/dex210-insert-guide/
Wanderer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #14962
Tech Master
 
Dino_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMi View Post
Hi,

I've been looking for several days now, and somehow i can't find what i'm looking for. I have a Team Durango Dex210 RTR. Which comes as a rear motor (3 spurs). I've tried to make it a mid motor (still with 3 spurs), but if i do so, after completion the build, the car runs backwards.

What i've tried so far is adjusting the transmitter (didn'tn work), tried to switch the plate to the other side (reversing the engine and so (didn't work, because the shaft doesn't fit or i have to make changes in the gearbox, but what i've read so far, is that this is a car which should easily go from rear motor to mid motor, so that seems a bit too far for me), contacted the supplier (who drives a Dex410, but also he couldn't tell whats wrong). Programming the esc doesn't work (stock esc, speedpassion motor, with no adjustment possibilities). And offcourse, searching the internet...

I hope anyone here can tell me what i'm doing wrong, because i really want to set it up mid motor. So... Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Because of my stupidity, i posted the question above wrong, but RC10Nick gave a reply and told me to ask my question here;

Did you follow the instructions when you switched to MM? You can mount the motor on either side of the transmission case depending on if you go 4 gear or 3 gear, and if you put it on the wrong side, it will run backwards. For mm3, the spur gear should be on the right side of the transmission case.

As he said, it has to be on the other side. But if i try that, the shaft where the large spur is connected to, will not fit. Seems like it will only fit one way (or do I have to open the gearbox and make a change there?
The RTR kit does not come with the 4 gear. You need to buy 2 bearings, idler shaft and the transmission gear pack to run 4 gear Mid motor. Otherwise you can run the 3 gear and follow the instructions on the manual to setup 3 gear mid motor - use the DEX210 or DEX210v2 manuals to see how to configure it.
__________________
* Team Great Hobbies * Team Powers * Exotek *
http://www.sidsraceway.com
Dino_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #14963
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
Default

Thnx guys! I now know what to do for the MM3 setup, which I will probally pass on and go for the MM4 setup.
RoMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #14964
Tech Regular
 
Dray01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Just a call out. Does anyone know anywhere that has decent stock of durango parts?
A-main have most of what I need however they are out of stock of dex210 v2 arms. TD330594 and TD330712. There are none locally here in AUS either and I have been googling for an hour...

Cheers!
Dray01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #14965
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray01 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a call out. Does anyone know anywhere that has decent stock of durango parts?
A-main have most of what I need however they are out of stock of dex210 v2 arms. TD330594 and TD330712. There are none locally here in AUS either and I have been googling for an hour...

Cheers!
Frontline Hobbies has the rears in stock. You should be able to get some fronts through them too, the distributor has some in stock.
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Xray Australia - Proline Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies
ekt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #14966
Tech Adept
 
kiwi_tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 209
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray01 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a call out. Does anyone know anywhere that has decent stock of durango parts?
A-main have most of what I need however they are out of stock of dex210 v2 arms. TD330594 and TD330712. There are none locally here in AUS either and I have been googling for an hour...

Cheers!
I actually have a huge stock of Durango Parts based on the gold coast, Am clearing them off at wholesale, and can post next day, PM me a list, not interested in any international order sorry guys
kiwi_tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #14967
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH93A View Post
Had the exact same issue with mine, it ended up being the spur gear cover was broken at one of the screw points and occasionally rubbing on the pinion / spur gear!!
I have since changed the spur to a new RW Racing 75T and dropped the pinion accordingly so as to prevent any chance of contact with the stock gear cover. I have the Exotek cover on the way as well.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #14968
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunatsol View Post
The squeal could be from the tire rubbing the wing.
I thought of that too, and trimmed the rear wing back. Still squeals and after checking the gearbox several times, I took a harder look at the rear axles. I think I have one bad M5x13x4 bearing in the rear hub and I'll replace both and try again.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #14969
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq06 View Post
Usually a squeak or squeal is a bearing. Can you get it to do it on a car stand so you can narrow down where it's coming from?
On my stand the car is completely silent and no squeaks. I double checked and I might have a bad M5x13x4 bearing so I will replace both and try again.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #14970
Tech Regular
 
Dray01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 273
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tim View Post
I actually have a huge stock of Durango Parts based on the gold coast, Am clearing them off at wholesale, and can post next day, PM me a list, not interested in any international order sorry guys
Thanks guys, ygpm Kiwi_tim.

Brett
Dray01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16572 10-14-2017 01:35 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net