The pistons don't have much pack.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #14087
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to snowman_evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
The pistons don't have much pack.
Any ideas as to what pistons are standard front and rear?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #14088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got the Dimec20 chassis today. My first impression is, what a horrible, flimsy, cheaply made piece of crap. Seriously, this is what passes for quality today? Tyco made better plastics in 1985 than this thing. I don't see how you could run it and not break it? It's got enough flex that I could probably replace the shocks with solid rods and still have compliance. I'm not entirely sure I even want to install it. Highly unimpressed just by looking at it. I'm definitely going to have to keep working on the carbon fiber project.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #14089
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just got the V2 chassis swapped in but probably won't get to run it this weekend, looking forward to it though.
Definitely not flexy
fq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #14090
Tech Apprentice

RTR kits comes with 6 hole pistons. Im not a fan of 6th hole pistons, if you check on pro drivers setups they never run them. The new set ups they have posted for the v2 are the type b pistons. 3 holes not sure the sizes off hand if you check durangos site you will see them in setups.

As for anti squat I saw in the last page if your track has traction and has high speed sweepers. LRC will be way better then 0 anti squat all the pros ever run is LRC now. If there isn't a lot of traction HRC may be better.
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #14091
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I just got the Dimec20 chassis today. My first impression is, what a horrible, flimsy, cheaply made piece of crap. Seriously, this is what passes for quality today? Tyco made better plastics in 1985 than this thing. I don't see how you could run it and not break it? It's got enough flex that I could probably replace the shocks with solid rods and still have compliance. I'm not entirely sure I even want to install it. Highly unimpressed just by looking at it. I'm definitely going to have to keep working on the carbon fiber project.
I definetly got more rear grip when I changed to the dimec chassis. Tried the alloy chassis again to get more steering, but I lost so much rear grip so I put the Dimec back on again.
This is on a med/low grip, bumpy clay track
KYOSHO INFERNO GT2, ST-RR VE, TURBO OPTIMA, OPTIMA MID LWB, ULTIMA +++
ridgeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #14092
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default v2??

Any team drivers have the v2? How does it compare to the v1 in terms of performance? Why is it not getting hyped up so close to avail? If this was an AE thread there would be 3000 posts on it by now.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #14093
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those threads seem to start fresh and months of posts about what electronics, tires have been bought and are waiting to he installed. Speculation about what weight shock oils will come with it, high wing or low wing location and so on.
Just burning time till its on the shelves.

This one seems to be running changes culminating into a V2 with some new tweeks and a new anodized color theme (not that AE or others buggies haven't been small revisions along the way). Current tunes and upgrades still relate to the V2 so no new thread is really needed or you lose a bunch of good tech from this thread.

Just my thoughts on it and it is a good thing IMO. A few posts that have given info on the changes but not droning on and guessing about stuff that doesn't really matter... like who cares what shock oil comes with it, we don't need two pages about it.
fq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #14094
Tech Elite

I just got the main assembly minus electronics done on the Dimec20 chassis. It stiffens up immensely when fully assembled but still not enough to my liking. I bought it to play around with so I'll give it a go. It's not going to be a permanent fixture on my car.

Chassis flex is NEVER needed to gain traction. EVER!!! It is a bandaid used to hide poor tuning practices. Unfortunately most people, including many well respected pros, don't fundamentally know how to tune. Their pure skill more than makes up for any tuning deficiencies.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #14095
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeracer View Post
I definetly got more rear grip when I changed to the dimec chassis. Tried the alloy chassis again to get more steering, but I lost so much rear grip so I put the Dimec back on again.
This is on a med/low grip, bumpy clay track
The extra length is most responsible for that.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #14096
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
Any team drivers have the v2? How does it compare to the v1 in terms of performance? Why is it not getting hyped up so close to avail? If this was an AE thread there would be 3000 posts on it by now.
I've been racing my V2 for about a month now. My set up is nearly identical to my V1 with the exception of a spring change in front. I'm also running the plastic chassis as the 17.5 class is what everyone is racing at my local track right now. The platform is super easy to drive and predictable to push. The changes made to the front end keep the arms from digging. The chassis bracing has been changed to get the motor and trans in and out easily. The rear arms have holes for the shocks to be run in front or back of the arms. Funny how all the guys who think the Durango is a sub par platform are hanging out at my pit examining the buggy because they are getting beat. This is an excellent durable buggy that I would highly recommend to anyone considering buying one.
knowitall156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #14097
Tech Elite

I'd love to run a 17.5 class. Unfortunately Houston is full of nothing but rednecks who want as much speed as possible over as big of a jump as possible and, with the exception of one group of guys who get it, feel that only 4wd is capable of being fun. I can see the Dimec chassis being perfect for 17.5.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #14098
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Fredswain, have you posted your setup for your 210? I've read a bulk of your post on your setup thread "tune with camber links" and it's a safe bet to assume most on rctec have too. While many of us normally start with a pro drivers setup and move from there, i'd like to see where your knowledge has taken you for this car.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #14099
Tech Elite

I was running a custom chassis so a setup wouldn't have helped anyone. Since I've just changed to the Dimec, I need to start over again. I'm starting in mid motor to see if it's possible to get a good lower grip setup with this chassis. I'm not sure yet. If I can't I'll revert to rear motor. Any setup would have to come with the disclaimer that you'd need to exact same electronics in the exact same locations to get near the setup. It still doesn't take into account diff settings since I'm currently running the ball diff.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #14100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea of course all things are variable, I myself still run the +10 chassis and a gear diff.