R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 02-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #13726
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31 View Post
im still hoping to find the rear 50g weight from rdrp is anyone wants to part with one
i was wondering how Intech is allowed to make an pretty much exact copy of the dex210.......does durango not care?
Speedo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #13727
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo711 View Post
i was wondering how Intech is allowed to make an pretty much exact copy of the dex210.......does durango not care?
hello speedo, this has been hashed out many times in our thread, and ill be 100 percent honest, in pictures and basic design they look 99* the same, however... the majority of parts do not carry over. for example, the rear end is completely different, our car is only 3 gear, our car has naroower rear pivot blocks, longer arms, our car has completely different rear hubs and axles. and from what i understand as i have heard that durango only copyrighted the gearbox, not the whole car, hense why they can be so similar.

STUBYSLAP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #13728
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to tbaybucs Send a message via AIM to tbaybucs Send a message via MSN to tbaybucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo711 View Post
they must not cause that things almost exact
Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #13729
Tech Elite

For a copied car, they sure did improve a few things! 4mm carbon fiber shock towers and aluminum roll center blocks stand out.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #13730
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So similar? Come on its a direct copy. That's like building a Porsche and saying it's discredit because it has square headlights not round. Bottom line it's the same car. I could see a person new to the hobby look at these 2 and could not tell who's is who's. Now after that I could care less what you build or who you copy that's Between Durango and Intech but I would be supposed if they don't unleash the lawyers. It dosent matter if it's legal or not.
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #13731
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

look guys i didnt com in here to argue copy or not, i gave an honest answer about a lot of the parts being different, and not transfering over. i didnt come in here saying its better or worse, i was just trying to see if anyone had a weight they wanted to sell, i dont work for intech in any way i just race for vppro there us distributer and run that car

STUBYSLAP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #13732
Tech Adept

I actually like the look of the intech car, i was just wondering.

On a different topic, has anyone tried the b4 a-arms on the dex210? I have heard of people running the durango ones on the b4/ b4.2 and i was wondering if it would work the other way around. I wondered because the dex210 v2 has straight arms......

another thing i noticed was that the early prototype dex210's used b4 a-arms
Speedo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #13733
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
The type B roll center blocks will not fit a non type B chassis.
Of course they will, it will not be ideal but they'll definitely fit on a non type B chassis.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #13734
Tech Elite

I was specifically referring to the rear guard mount location being different which technically changes things but yes I agree that they can work.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #13735
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Thumbs up

@fredswain Glad to see you picked up a DEX210 Fred!! I've been reading the swain tuning method thread for quite some time now. Great stuff. Balancing is the key to life and racing.

I've just started to rebuild mine with the longer +11 chassis from RDRP, and I've also moved my battery around a bit. It is now almost exactly centered between the wheels. I have not put it on scales yet but I will soon. For now I wanted to share with the class…Today is show N tell day right?!
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-img_2618.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-img_2619.jpg  
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #13736
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303slowdown View Post
On the setups that say 4 x 1.3 pistons are you guys drilling the blank ones that come with the kit or buying some ? If buying what brand and from where ? Thanks.
A lot of guys are taking 6x1.3mm pistons and "blocking" 2 of the holes. Some guys use glue, some use toothpicks and glue….or a quick touch of the soldering iron. Personally I used some epoxy.

I'd also suggest trying some 2 and 3 hole versions especially if you run shorty packs as your car is much much lighter than it would be with a full size pack.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #13737
Tech Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
I'll be ordering those and the LRC RR block this weekend for Motorama. I think its as good or better of a system as the RDRC kit.
I have tested my exotek quick change rear block and I love it. No more disassembly when I want to change anti squat. Wish I would have done this before I bought the Tresrey version. Thanks Exotek!!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #13738
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Good news, I found the issue with the slipper. Bad news, it is due to yet another defective/unfinished Durango part. The "machined" spur I bought from Durango is too thick. Confirmed by installing the stock spur gear which after some rummaging through scraps I was able to find. That's a total of five defective spare parts and one upgrade within two weeks. Both machined and molded parts. At least the riddle has concluded... for now.
I also went through this problem….I guess the only way is to shim the cover which then you don't really get much of a seal against dust. I'd rather not make a gasket by hand. I hate to say it but there do seem to be a fair amount of inconsistencies with parts. I've had to throw away brand new parts that just weren't made properly on more than one occasion. I didn't contact Durango as I just didn't wanna deal with the hassle. This has made me look at the B5M quite a bit although I hate to say it.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #13739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Maschine View Post
I also went through this problem….I guess the only way is to shim the cover which then you don't really get much of a seal against dust. I'd rather not make a gasket by hand. I hate to say it but there do seem to be a fair amount of inconsistencies with parts. I've had to throw away brand new parts that just weren't made properly on more than one occasion. I didn't contact Durango as I just didn't wanna deal with the hassle. This has made me look at the B5M quite a bit although I hate to say it.
That's too bad that you've had the same experience. But I guess Durango just thought it was necessary to make the spur 1mm thicker. For what reason? Only they know. Or maybe they aren't even aware of it ( I wouldn't doubt if even their team drivers use 3rd party spurs)

And yeah their support line is pretty crappy if you go straight through Durango. But I hear going through Hobbico or Great Planes is a lot easier. Durango DOES responds to e-mails, but they are extremely slow at getting replacement parts sent out. And even slower to replenish their replacement parts.

I'm going to be racing it for the first time within the next couple of weeks and I am just hoping it performs decently. My old B4.1 worlds was bulletproof so if the DEX210 falls behind, it will get the boot and a B5 or Rb6 will replace it.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #13740
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31 View Post
im still hoping to find the rear 50g weight from rdrp is anyone wants to part with one
Why do you need the rear weight? More grip? Adding weight in the back will make the rear swing more. Are you running RM or MM. If RM,, try RM4. if MM4, then I suggest you add 7g lead weight to each rear hub. Its way better to get grip from there than from the back. Just attach it with a double sided sticky