R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes

Old 02-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #13666
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydan86 View Post
Hi guys, i just got my RTR and plan to bring it to the local track tomorrow(loose dirt). I've done the slipper tuning and throttle setup per the RTR Tech Tips vids on the TD website but still not sure about the esc tuning, what should i set the brake strength and drag brake strength for a loose dirt track? Also just need some advice on the do's and dont's and basic set up as this is my first R/C car.
There is no drag brake on the stock esc. and the stock setting for brakes is really soft on the RTR, you need to turn it up.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #13667
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
There is no drag brake on the stock esc. and the stock setting for brakes is really soft on the RTR, you need to turn it up.
But there's an option to set the drag brake according to the instruction manual and also on their website. I haven't tried it yet though. Any other tips? Went to the track today and my front left turnbuckle ball cap popped off twice and rear left once. How to stop that from happening again? And got myself new front tires as the stock ribbed ones didn't have enough traction.
rydan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #13668
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
This is correct, but i must tell that if you use the stock tires you will be blocking the tires pretty easy even with the stock configuration, at least thats what happened to me...

Get new tires for race...
lovethebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #13669
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Selling both a RM and MM Tresrey Spec Prototype 210's. Every Tresrey parts available as well as some prototype parts (+10 chasis, etc.). Both have just been re-freshened (diffs, shocks, etc.) and ready to go! Will be sold as rollers with spares. PM me if interested as I'll post them up in the for sale section tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #13670
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm building the DEX210 right now. I've got two quick questions. First thing I noticed was this screw sticking out the bottom of the chassis. I have a feeling it should be flush with the rest of the screws, and if so than my chassis plate was not drilled correctly. There's no divet for this particular screw for it to sink into. I see other pictures online and they all look flush. Think I've got a defected chassis...

CANT POST IMAGES OR URLS YET! PLEASE REMOVE THE SPACE BETWEEN HTTP AND THE COLON!

http ://imageshack.com/a/img833/9421/wtib.jpg
http ://imageshack.com/a/img32/8582/lxno jpg

Also, I'm on the servo installation step. Noticed the wire coming from the servo is in there pretty tight. Is this normal? It's bending the rubber seal that is closest to the servo and as you can see is in there pretty tight. Not sure if anyone else experienced this or what.

http ://imageshack.com/a/img33/4964/eznb.jpg
http ://imageshack.com/a/img690/5557/r0us.jpg

Please help! Not really sure what to do about these two dilemmas...
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #13671
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
There's no divet for this particular screw for it to sink into. I see other pictures online and they all look flush. Think I've got a defected chassis...

Also, I'm on the servo installation step. Noticed the wire coming from the servo is in there pretty tight. Is this normal?
Yeah, there is supposed to be a countersunk cutout for that screw. Looks like you've got a defective chassis . Your buggy will probably work fine without that screw though. Shouldn't be affected much.

And yes, it is normal for the servo lead to bend like that, it's just a tight squeeze.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #13672
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracket View Post
Yeah, there is supposed to be a countersunk cutout for that screw. Looks like you've got a defective chassis . Your buggy will probably work fine without that screw though. Shouldn't be affected much.

And yes, it is normal for the servo lead to bend like that, it's just a tight squeeze.
Thanks for answering so quickly. I'm going to contact Team Durango to see if there's anything they can do about this. Not a good start to the very beginning of this buggy! It's all been going together so well until this
Old 02-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #13673
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's your pics.

Is that the correct screw? What is that hole used for?

Normal
Vintage RC10 Worlds Car
Surgetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #13674
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgetek View Post
Here's your pics.

Is that the correct screw? What is that hole used for?
Thanks for that. The forum wouldn't let me post URL's or images because I don't have enough posts yet.

It's the correct screw. Step 3, page 12 of the manual. Both online and in the book. Screw 704004. It holds the steering assembly on to the chassis. It just appears that my chassis isn't drilled to allow it to be countersunk.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #13675
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Thanks for that. The forum wouldn't let me post URL's or images because I don't have enough posts yet.

It's the correct screw. Step 3, page 12 of the manual. Both online and in the book. Screw 704004. It holds the steering assembly on to the chassis. It just appears that my chassis isn't drilled to allow it to be countersunk.
you could pickup a countersink from a hardware store and fix the hole, or use a round head screw. should have less of a chance to catch on something.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #13676
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just asking because it seems weird that just one hole didn't get countersunk.
Vintage RC10 Worlds Car
Surgetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #13677
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So I slapped in the plastic diff gears and light weight outdrives on my gear diff, shaved off 6g of rotating mass. Both cars are now ready for Motorama except the tires need to be glued.
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #13678
Tech Elite

It is no secret that I detest cab forward bodies and refuse to run any car that only has those as available options. I found one that is quite tolerable though. This one is for the +8 Dimec chassis so it would probably work with the new V2 setup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dex210-Bodys...item3f2fd8013c
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #13679
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
Selling both a RM and MM Tresrey Spec Prototype 210's. Every Tresrey parts available as well as some prototype parts (+10 chasis, etc.). Both have just been re-freshened (diffs, shocks, etc.) and ready to go! Will be sold as rollers with spares. PM me if interested as I'll post them up in the for sale section tomorrow.
Did you post them? Are they also on ebay?
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #13680
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default DEX210 V2

Looks like March

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Road-Buggy-Kit
CarlCrocco is offline   Reply With Quote