R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #12931
Tech Apprentice
 
FSimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 60
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to FSimi
Default

New Exotek suspension mount
http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-r...ith-shims-lrc/
__________________
DEX210
FSimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #12932
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Anywhere that has a Type B RR LRC Block in stock? Tower says the Durango one isn't expected until Feb...
__________________
Awesomatix A800XA - Xray XB2 2018
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #12933
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,146
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Been working on my 2nd rear engine Durango with everything on it being stock at this time and must say it is pretty dialed at least in out 17.5 class. My all STRC component Durango is being run by a buddy to test the parts and that car has been working very well for him and has taken his driving up a notch.

Tonight my stock car gets all the new STRC parts in black so now I will have my all black alum. stealth car with all black rims. Just add my new pistons and try out the car again.

I never did add these longer chassis setups as I run mainly on tighter tracks and don't want to mellow my car out as I rather have shorter and more aggressive. Guess it is whatever works for you. Will run the car til I can back order the newest Durango from GP. Until then the car is really working for me.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #12934
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,607
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I have been running the 210 for the past 2 indoor winter season's on carpet and I have it setup pretty good. My question is I want to try to run some clay tracks in my area, how is the 210 on clay in mid motor configuration??? I always keep hearing the the b4 is king on clay tracks. Any suggestions or opinions would be great. Thanks
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #12935
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Been working on my 2nd rear engine Durango with everything on it being stock at this time and must say it is pretty dialed at least in out 17.5 class. My all STRC component Durango is being run by a buddy to test the parts and that car has been working very well for him and has taken his driving up a notch.

Tonight my stock car gets all the new STRC parts in black so now I will have my all black alum. stealth car with all black rims. Just add my new pistons and try out the car again.

I never did add these longer chassis setups as I run mainly on tighter tracks and don't want to mellow my car out as I rather have shorter and more aggressive. Guess it is whatever works for you. Will run the car til I can back order the newest Durango from GP. Until then the car is really working for me.
I still have the stock "short" chassis on mine. My logic for retaining it is very simple. I refuse to run a cab forward body! In a 17.5 class, I honestly don't see the need for a longer wheelbase. It is needed for more high speed stability and you just don't have that type of speed with a 17.5. The fact that modern buggies are aerodynamic bricks doesn't help stability either.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #12936
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,146
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I still have the stock "short" chassis on mine. My logic for retaining it is very simple. I refuse to run a cab forward body! In a 17.5 class, I honestly don't see the need for a longer wheelbase. It is needed for more high speed stability and you just don't have that type of speed with a 17.5. The fact that modern buggies are aerodynamic bricks doesn't help stability either.
True. I never liked the cab forward bodies since they first came out for any buggy. Just not a good look if you ask me and when I did run them I never saw an increase in performance no matter stock or running mod.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #12937
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

That's because there isn't a performance benefit. It's a placebo effect and even many of the pros fall for it. The front shock tower is such a disruption to the airflow that there isn't any clean air over the body. On old vintage cars such as the RC10, Ultima, JRX2, etc, the shocks were a bit farther out, and there was open area between them. On those cars, a considerable amount of air got to the body and differing shapes could potentially have an effect. Today's modern trend to lower the rear wing down behind the rear shock tower also causes the same problem which is why modern wings are so large. They need to be.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #12938
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,952
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys, I have a TON of optionals available on top of my tricked out roller. Check them out I can bundle. DEX210 roller, tire lot, Options part out
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #12939
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,651
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Why don't you guys use an aluminum extended chassis that allows you to run any of the bodies that fit the stock chassis? I use a finnisher on mines.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #12940
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

No one makes the type of chassis that I want. I personally think Losi did the hobby a disservice by releasing the 22 with the aluminum chassis with bolt on sides. Everyone else furthered the atrocity by copying it and adopting their own version. I want a chassis that is one piece full width. The Dimec chassis fits this need but Durango made things a bit too complicated with their bracing and battery hold down options and the shape eliminates the stock body from being used. I like simple. I either want a carbon fiber chassis of full width with either a top brace or stiffener add on sides that go on top of the chassis like the Centro and Atomic Carbon kits, or optimally a full carbon fiber tub. That would be pure awesome! I intend to make my own chassis but haven't had any time to do so. It will still use the stock body though.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #12941
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,146
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
No one makes the type of chassis that I want. I personally think Losi did the hobby a disservice by releasing the 22 with the aluminum chassis with bolt on sides. Everyone else furthered the atrocity by copying it and adopting their own version. I want a chassis that is one piece full width. The Dimec chassis fits this need but Durango made things a bit too complicated with their bracing and battery hold down options and the shape eliminates the stock body from being used. I like simple. I either want a carbon fiber chassis of full width with either a top brace or stiffener add on sides that go on top of the chassis like the Centro and Atomic Carbon kits, or optimally a full carbon fiber tub. That would be pure awesome! I intend to make my own chassis but haven't had any time to do so. It will still use the stock body though.
I have always liked molded chassis designs like the XXX and B4's have. Everything is built in and no additional side wings are needed. They both won so many National titles that it has proven over and over that the molded type chassis is a winning design. Never been a fan of aluminum but I never had a problem with one either. I just prefer molded designs if possible.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #12942
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
They both won so many National titles that it has proven over and over that the molded type chassis is a winning design.
Of course they did! Everybody was making them that way. It's like saying a horse has always won the Kentucky Derby! just poking some fun at ya
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #12943
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Losi came out with the aluminum chassis for a simple reason. With today's very fast tracks with very large jumps, they knew aluminum wasn't going to break whereas it was a possibility with a composite. They added the side wings to add stiffness but to make sure things weren't any heavier than necessary. They didn't want people to just randomly bend the chassis and it still happens from time to time. They also discovered that with lipo's being lighter than older batteries, they could have a bit heavier chassis to make up the difference. This weigh is now lower than it was when the weight was in the battery which lowered the cg. Lipo's come in lots of different sizes and weights now though so a weight savings is debatable. Many still add weight though. Going aluminum was also cheaper than a carbon tub. Basically it came down to material strength and weight vs price and that's what they settled on. I think others are just arbitrarily copying them because of the "if it wasn't better then why are they doing it?" mentality. Some have gotten carried away with it.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #12944
Tech Regular
 
jsrocket13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Moundsville wv
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I have a few questions about this car as I just picked one up slightly used cheap for my 5yo daughter it's a RTR now does it have the big bore shocks and the plus 8mm chassis? What kind of after market body will fit it only because I want to paint it more to her liking.
__________________
RIP Motorsports, TLR, Airtronics, Tekin, Trinity, BSR, Protoform, Pro-Line, OHP supporter.
jsrocket13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #12945
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys!!!
I ran my 210 mid motor last night and had it geared way off so I pulled spur off and re-geared it and it started slipping real super bad so I ended up burying the the slipper and it still slipped then I buried the diff and still slipped.What could it be??? Also how are the tresery aluminum rear hubs? are they durable or should I go with another brand? Should I change the slipper spring to a different one if so which one should I pick up? I have checked my slipper to make sure the spacer is there it is buried coil to coil. Please help..

Thanks

Last edited by S1CK-M1ND3D; 11-24-2013 at 03:45 PM.
S1CK-M1ND3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16574 11-04-2017 02:55 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net