R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #12886
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,299
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbrown86 View Post
Hi all, im just getting into off road RC, new indoor track opened up up the road, and im very interested in the DEX 210. Ive been searching all over, but every place I look the kit or the Rtr is back ordered. Does anyone know why? Are they just having trouble filling demand or something else?
A new dex210v2 is in the works. It doesn't sound like it will be out until February-ish. Until then, it's pretty likely the current kits won't be restocked. I'd love it if they were restocked and sold at the blowout price they had a month or two ago, but don't really see that happening.

If you want a 210, either wait for a new updated version, or find one used somewhere.
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #12887
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,541
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I wonder when the new gear case will be out? It says mid November. It is mid November.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #12888
Tech Adept
 
GregerL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae4ever View Post
That's a measurement of shock length, correct me if I'm wrong but droop is how much down travel the shock has at ride height?
Almost correct, actually droop can be seen as the amount of up-travel from ride-height the chassis can have until the wheels leave the ground, or the amount of down-travel the arms can have from ride-height.

This means that the same amount of droop when measured on the shocks will give different actual droop for different shock mounting locations.

No matter how you choose to define your droop the most important thing is that you can get a consistent measurement that does not depend on changes in your suspension geometry, i.e. shock placement.
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #12889
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I wonder when the new gear case will be out? It says mid November. It is mid November.
What's different with the new case?
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #12890
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
What's different with the new case?
It has an additional camber link hole and has more material reinforcing that area.
The sway bar mount is also part of the case now instead of being a separate piece.
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Xray Australia - Proline Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #12891
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
It has an additional camber link hole and has more material reinforcing that area.
The sway bar mount is also part of the case now instead of being a separate piece.
Thanks! The picture on Durango site only shows one set of holes.

Last edited by Mopar; 11-14-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add to
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #12892
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Hey guys dumb question but I just got some springs

TD330143 Light Red Front Spring 49gf/mm

TD330136 Black Spring 47gf/mm

That is what the packaging reads, I thought they are supposed to be switched the black spring being heavier and light red being lighter. Is this a misprint on the package or has something changed from durango?? Im a bit confused and dont want to be mixed up when making a spring change.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #12893
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
Thanks! The picture on Durango site only shows one set of holes.
The type B gear box has a different part number #TD310459

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Hey guys dumb question but I just got some springs

TD330143 Light Red Front Spring 49gf/mm

TD330136 Black Spring 47gf/mm

That is what the packaging reads, I thought they are supposed to be switched the black spring being heavier and light red being lighter. Is this a misprint on the package or has something changed from durango?? Im a bit confused and dont want to be mixed up when making a spring change.
Interesting, will have to contact TD about that. Most places have the black listed as the harder spring though.
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Xray Australia - Proline Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #12894
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,164
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae4ever View Post
That's a measurement of shock length, correct me if I'm wrong but droop is how much down travel the shock has at ride height?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
Almost correct, actually droop can be seen as the amount of up-travel from ride-height the chassis can have until the wheels leave the ground, or the amount of down-travel the arms can have from ride-height.

This means that the same amount of droop when measured on the shocks will give different actual droop for different shock mounting locations.

No matter how you choose to define your droop the most important thing is that you can get a consistent measurement that does not depend on changes in your suspension geometry, i.e. shock placement.
Jump to about a minute in on this Adam Drake how to setup droop video. BTW he leaves his tires on, I guess this could be more accurate, and with a buggy it's easy.. sct with bumpers a little harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99PKqsUZjA
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #12895
Tech Adept
 
GregerL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Jump to about a minute in on this Adam Drake how to setup droop video. BTW he leaves his tires on, I guess this could be more accurate, and with a buggy it's easy.. sct with bumpers a little harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99PKqsUZjA
That is a great method if you never change your shock mounting location.
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #12896
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 138
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Question on chassis. If I am planning to just run 17.5 blinky class, which chassis would be recommended, the aluminum or the dimec type b. I will be racing on a variety of surfaces from high bite glued surface to low bite clay. Thanks for any input
fanfor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #12897
Tech Adept
 
ae4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: San Antonio,TX
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
That is a great method if you never change your shock mounting location.
Droop will always change when you change shock mounting location unless the manufacturer took that in consideration when designing the suspension.
ae4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #12898
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,541
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
That is a great method if you never change your shock mounting location.
Wow, I am honestly speechless that a "pro" considers that a way to measure droop. It is however a way to verify each side is equal.
__________________
Follow my rc products on Facebook at Raborn Racing Originals and the line of 3D printed parts at
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rebellionrc
fredswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #12899
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,465
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
Wow, I am honestly speechless that a "pro" considers that a way to measure droop. It is however a way to verify each side is equal.
I could see doing that after actually checking droop to make sure it's the same left to right but if you move your shocks them it changes everything...

I've been checking mine by removing the wheels and putting the chassis on a parts container that is 27MM tall. Then measuring the height of each axle. If it's 25MM then I have -2MM droop.
__________________
If you build it I will break it!
EB48.4 - B6 - B64 - TC7.1 - F6
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #12900
Tech Elite
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,185
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfor18 View Post
Question on chassis. If I am planning to just run 17.5 blinky class, which chassis would be recommended, the aluminum or the dimec type b. I will be racing on a variety of surfaces from high bite glued surface to low bite clay. Thanks for any input
I normally run an alloy +8mm chassis but will be running a dimec type b for17.5 at Motorama (as well as probably some club racing before that) Its lighter and light is good for 17.5 (especially rotating mass, but can't justify the cost of the lightweight outdrives and axles )
__________________
Official distributor of Dan-O-Mite Custom Parts- Durango 210 RF pivot blocks
Andrew Butters' Burghgraef
Team Durango Canada
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16570 Yesterday 03:48 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:36 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net