Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
What Tresrey goodies are coming out?
Tresrey Japan is working hard! I should have some news soon on options parts coming soon
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Konich
Tresrey Japan is working hard! I should have some news soon on options parts coming soon
Can't Wait!!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)

I have a NIB 210 Im parting with. Has a killer painted body(Orange,Blue,White) that cost me $40 to have painted.Will also come with the red shock seal caps,aluminum shock collars and o-rings

$300 shipped to the lower 48
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-picture-003.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-picture-004.jpg  

Last edited by Hollywood_07; 10-27-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hollywood_07
I have a NIB 210 Im parting with. Has a killer painted body(Orange,Blue,White) that cost me $40 to have painted.Will also come with the red shock seal caps,aluminum shock collars and o-rings

$300 shipped to the lower 48
DAMN!! This will be the 2nd one i watch slip by..Watch in 2 weeks when i have the $$ for one there wont be one to be had,LOL
Old 10-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default First Day Out With DEX210

Hello All,

I'm happy to say that i just had my first day out with the DEX210 this past Wednesday. I was really surprised at how good the set up was right out of the box. Technically Wednesday was a race day @ Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet, IL and on Wednesday we only run two qualifiers and a main. I really only wanted to practice because I wasn't sure how the car would drive....but after putting it down for the first time, I knew that I could race it competitively because it was confidence inspiring how planted the buggy was but still had plenty of steering and never swapped ends EVER the whole time out. If anything my style of driving prefers a bit more rotation so I'm going to try going up one or two steps on the rear spring.

I let a friend who is a former 1/12th scale national champ drive it, he races off-road with us, and he told me he thought the buggy was amazing and was blown away that the stock set up was so planted and drove so well.

I'm going to play around with pistons and springs....when I have more time next week. But I'm proud to say right out of the box this buggy can compete at the highest levels of competition.

And for anyone that's new to buggy I can honestly tell you not to worry. If you have tried other buggy's and have had problems you WILL NOT have problems with the Team Durango DEX210. I'm primarily a 2WD & 4WD Short course racer and was completely comfortable with the buggy from minute one.

notes: Obviously Team Durango is a pure race bred company and to keep kit costs down they left several parts as options that don't affect performance but I plan to add the red aluminum caps to the bottom of the shocks, possibly a gear diff, titanium turnbuckles and the new shock stand-off's and my buggy will be complete. Also since I didn't have 450 cst oil I used Losi 35 all the way around. I ran the buggy rear motor 3-gear with no toe in the front but will likely try adding a degree or so toe-out to make it a bit more aggressive to fit my driving style. But this buggy is awesome. I know a few people have mentioned worries about chassis length I personally have driven Longer buggy's and while the longer buggy works well I truly love the DEX210 just the way it comes out of the box and couldn't be happier.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

I drive a losi 22 with rear motor setup on a medium grip hardpacked clay track.
I love the 22, but find it very difficult to be very fast with the 22.

How can I compare this durango dex210 with a losi 22?

I have experimented enough with new cars lately : losi 22 and sc10 4x4.

But really like this durango dex210, becouse Im not sure iff this car is easier to drive then a 22 ( nobody has a dex210 here yet ). it is holding me back to buy one.

Do I have to be a seasoned driver for this dex210? ( I drive 2wd buggy for just 4 months now )

Or is this dex210 also a good car for beginners ?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have driven several 22's and they are great cars....I have to say that I don't believe I have driven one right out of the box with the stock set up though.

But yes the Durango DEX210 while built to be a top contender is very stable and easy to drive....it's really confidence inspiring and very predictable which is what makes it easy for newcomers to buggy or guys switching over from short course trucks.

I'm not generally a buggy driver.....but I'll be racing a lot more buggy now that I have my DEX210!

Feel free to PM me or get in touch if you have questions.

Last edited by Jason Snyder; 10-28-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: fixed error.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

By the way I may have forgot to mention I'm racing on a high bite indoor clay track.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
By the way I may have forgot to mention I'm racing on a high bite indoor clay track.
Jason - will you be racing at LH on Saturday. Would like to check out your 210.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

I have driven several 22's and they are great cars....I have to say that I don't believe I have driven one right out of the box with the stock set up though.

But yes the Durango DEX210 while built to be a top contender is very stable and easy to drive....it's really confidence inspiring and very predictable which is what makes it easy for newcomers to buggy or guys switching over from short course trucks.

I'm not generally a buggy driver.....but I'll be racing a lot more buggy now that I have my DEX210!

Feel free to PM me or get in touch if you have questions.
great to hear !

for over 3 years now I race all sorts of short course trucks, and I wanted to improve my driving style.
lots of folks told me, that I have to start driving a 2wd buggy, and learn how to drive that.
So I bought a losi 22 3 months ago.
I really love the 2wd buggy and want more focus on 2wd buggy.
But some are telling me, that I started out with the wrong buggy, I shouldnt have bought a losi 22 but a B4 or a X6 becouse those are easier to drive.

Now I am ready for a new 2wd buggy. And wanted to know If I make the right choice when I choose a dex210 over a B4 ( ugly ) or a X6 ( expensive )
Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
Jason - will you be racing at LH on Saturday. Would like to check out your 210.
If he isn't, I will be.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

He is also sponsored by Durango, so of course the car is good

Best thing to do is see if you can try one locally. I don't believe you can belive the hype from most sponsored drivers.

Not saying he is lying or the car is bad, just judge for yourself. Don't always believe the hype.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bri from Chi
If he isn't, I will be.
That came out wrong. I'll be there, with or without Jason. I'm not avoiding him.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
He is also sponsored by Durango, so of course the car is good

Best thing to do is see if you can try one locally. I don't believe you can belive the hype from most sponsored drivers.

Not saying he is lying or the car is bad, just judge for yourself. Don't always believe the hype.
I'm not sponsored by Durango and the car is good Made the A the first time out with the car and I let the A main winner drive my car afterwards. His comments were "the steering and suspension on this car are MONEY".

Believe the hype....
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It good to here other people are having good success with their buggy. I was in the the same boat as Jason Snyder. I am new to buggy, I have drove some other buggys and they just seemed to much for me. This buggy is great, its very planted. I am loving every minute I get on this buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.