R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 11-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #12871
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use droop after I got the right tires on and I'm pushing limits turning I add some to it won't traction roll but I like to keep it on the limit
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #12872
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink'd View Post
has anyone noticed a night and day difference between the kit and the +8 aluminum chassis?

i actually need a new chassis (mine is scratched to sheet) also if anybody has new extra parts/rims/upgrades i'm always looking to buy.. am i allowed to post that?
I've ran both the stocker and a +8mm alloy chassis and the longer is much better IMO, but I did order the demic type b kit to run 17.5 at Motorama.
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #12873
Tech Regular

Are these new ball cups?
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD330591

This could end the pop-off dramas w/out having to switch to balls and cups from a different manufacturer by just replacing the ball cups...

Interesting if these are packed in the new kits as a running change?
I recently bought a DEX410V3 and the ball cups are a lot better (tighter but still moving freely) than those that were in my DEX210 Kit last year and the replacements bought every few weeks.
Supastox GT
triplesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #12874
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplesix View Post
Are these new ball cups?

This could end the pop-off dramas w/out having to switch to balls and cups from a different manufacturer by just replacing the ball cups...

Interesting if these are packed in the new kits as a running change?
I recently bought a DEX410V3 and the ball cups are a lot better (tighter but still moving freely) than those that were in my DEX210 Kit last year and the replacements bought every few weeks.
They will only come standard with the next generation kits, as far as I am aware. TD have also released new ball studs to go with the new ball cups TD330601 and TD330602
Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #12875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

But I think the new ballstuds only have a smaller hex for durability, not a different ball size. Hopefully this solves the issue everyone complains about (I went to captured links on the steering, otherwise no issues here)
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #12876
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
Anyone run droop? If so why? New to the dex 210
Manual says nothing-about settings and I am confused
1mm in the rear and 2mm in the front on a high bite clay track.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #12877
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oops
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #12878
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
1mm in the rear and 2mm in the front on a high bite clay track.
How do you measure Droop? I measure droop by measuring between the lower spring perch and the shock adjustment nut at full extension, and then at ride height. Then subtract the difference, and that's my droop.
ae4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #12879
Tech Rookie

Hi all, im just getting into off road RC, new indoor track opened up up the road, and im very interested in the DEX 210. Ive been searching all over, but every place I look the kit or the Rtr is back ordered. Does anyone know why? Are they just having trouble filling demand or something else?
spbrown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #12880
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae4ever View Post
How do you measure Droop? I measure droop by measuring between the lower spring perch and the shock adjustment nut at full extension, and then at ride height. Then subtract the difference, and that's my droop.
  • Set your car on a stand or so your shocks are at full extension.. easiest with wheels off
  • Grab your calipers, or measuring device (calipers are best)
  • Stick one end in the center of the bottom shock screw
  • Stick one end in the center of the top shock screw
  • Read your measurement, this is your droop
  • Use your droop screws to adjust up or down to desired measurement
Old 11-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #12881
Tech Regular

Hello All,

a few details on our revised ball cups, these will work perfectly fine with our previous ball studs. but we do have updated ball studs too, but these are mainly for durability of the ball

330601 - 10mm thread length ball stud, exactly the same as the previous ball stud except 2mm hex to strengthen up the ball when really cranking down hard

330602 - 7mm thred length ball stud, this is actually a little bit different to the previous 7mm thread length ball studd, it has a narrow flange (same as 330601) and allows more articulation than before, this also features the 2mm hex for the same reason as above.

so in summary, the new DIMEC-X ball cups are pretty damn good, I have personally spent A LONG TIME making sure these are as perfect as they can be. lots of material tests, lots of design tests etc etc..

they work perfectly well with the previous ball studs but work a little bit better for angles of articulation with the new ball studs.

Lutz was running these at the worlds and during Leg1 of the A-Main in 4WD he had a huge crash into the pipe, it looked like he popped a ball (I was pretty annoyed at this prospect) but as I retrieved the car it turned out he clean-broke the Ti turnbuckle and both ball cups were still attached to the inner and outer steering ball studs.

FYI there are some 'other colour' ball ends issued to some of the team right now, these are EXACTLY the same material/spec/design its just we are experimenting with a potential colour as an option part. completely unconfirmed option part right now, but I'm VERY happy with the ball cup design and material now, I'm looking at the possibility of offering to ball-cup-bling.

as mentioned above, all new 10th scale releases will be coming with these new ball cups and ball studs
Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #12882
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
  • Set your car on a stand or so your shocks are at full extension.. easiest with wheels off
  • Grab your calipers, or measuring device (calipers are best)
  • Stick one end in the center of the bottom shock screw
  • Stick one end in the center of the top shock screw
  • Read your measurement, this is your droop
  • Use your droop screws to adjust up or down to desired measurement
That's a measurement of shock length, correct me if I'm wrong but droop is how much down travel the shock has at ride height?
ae4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #12883
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

who is going to sell these, and how soon wil they be in stock ?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #12884
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty View Post
Hello All,

a few details on our revised ball cups, these will work perfectly fine with our previous ball studs. but we do have updated ball studs too, but these are mainly for durability of the ball

330601 - 10mm thread length ball stud, exactly the same as the previous ball stud except 2mm hex to strengthen up the ball when really cranking down hard

330602 - 7mm thred length ball stud, this is actually a little bit different to the previous 7mm thread length ball studd, it has a narrow flange (same as 330601) and allows more articulation than before, this also features the 2mm hex for the same reason as above.

so in summary, the new DIMEC-X ball cups are pretty damn good, I have personally spent A LONG TIME making sure these are as perfect as they can be. lots of material tests, lots of design tests etc etc..

they work perfectly well with the previous ball studs but work a little bit better for angles of articulation with the new ball studs.

Lutz was running these at the worlds and during Leg1 of the A-Main in 4WD he had a huge crash into the pipe, it looked like he popped a ball (I was pretty annoyed at this prospect) but as I retrieved the car it turned out he clean-broke the Ti turnbuckle and both ball cups were still attached to the inner and outer steering ball studs.

FYI there are some 'other colour' ball ends issued to some of the team right now, these are EXACTLY the same material/spec/design its just we are experimenting with a potential colour as an option part. completely unconfirmed option part right now, but I'm VERY happy with the ball cup design and material now, I'm looking at the possibility of offering to ball-cup-bling.

as mentioned above, all new 10th scale releases will be coming with these new ball cups and ball studs
Those new ballcups sounds great. Keep up the good work. And more bling is good too. Maybe white ballcups, so we can die our own colors? It would be the easiest option than to make various colors that people may or may not use. Although RED or ORANGE would be in line with the Durango Theme colors.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #12885
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nego View Post
who is going to sell these, and how soon wil they be in stock ?

Tower is showing late November.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDWZL&P=7