R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #12811
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Think Durango will release some LRC RF blocks so you don't have to run 3* antisquat. Better yet offering an entire LRC combo in plastic would be great so I don't have to spend $20 on something that I might not even like/use.
They need to make the RF block in aluminum so we don't need to go get an aftermarket version, and it should be a LRC version, with an included shim to raise it back to the normal height for HRC. This way 1.5 or 3 is 3 degrees, so we don't need to do math and subtract X - Y.. Make it simple. Add shim or remove shim for HRC or LRC in the front.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #12812
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
They need to make the RF block in aluminum so we don't need to go get an aftermarket version, and it should be a LRC version, with an included shim to raise it back to the normal height for HRC. This way 1.5 or 3 is 3 degrees, so we don't need to do math and subtract X - Y.. Make it simple. Add shim or remove shim for HRC or LRC in the front.
Excellent idea.
knowitall156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #12813
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
The only problem with this is shims raise the gearbox. Rcjunky1 makes an aluminum hanger that does this. A friend noticed that the gearbox doesn't quite sit flush with the shims. Even running at 1.5, it was slightly higher. The top deck pretty much brings it down but not flush for the OCD folks. Also he wasn't able to get 3/3 when running mm due to clearance.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #12814
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
The only problem with this is shims raise the gearbox. Rcjunky1 makes an aluminum hanger that does this. A friend noticed that the gearbox doesn't quite sit flush with the shims. Even running at 1.5, it was slightly higher. The top deck pretty much brings it down but not flush for the OCD folks. Also he wasn't able to get 3/3 when running mm due to clearance.
tlr22 use that(shim) method for anti-squat,
it uses a shim under the aluminum RF hanger for roll center/anti squat adjustment, and an insert inside the hanger to take up the space between hanger and gearbox.
nicholasxuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #12815
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
tlr22 use that(shim) method for anti-squat,
it uses a shim under the aluminum RF hanger for roll center/anti squat adjustment, and an insert inside the hanger to take up the space between hanger and gearbox.
That chassis may allow for the space. The method isn't bad. I just know it isn't flush in Durango's. Try it. You can probably dremel the gearbox though.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #12816
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4472

Personally I like the feel of the MM4 on high bite clay with the LRC rear end.
I've run my MM4 setup at SCVRC in SoCal quite a bit and it's pretty dialed. We run slicks when it is wet and when it's dry we usually run Barcodes or something similar. Super soft or clay compound tires. I am also running 18g weight via the Revolution rear suspension hanger.
http://www.revolution-rc.com/our-pro...ion-mount.html I've also been experimenting with the gear diff and about 5K-7K fluid. I've been running this setup for a while and I'm able to carry quite a bit of speed on the faster turns and I still have great low speed steering.

Hope this helps!
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #12817
Tech Master

I've also run my MM4 setup at OCRC but I've only had a few runs. It seems pretty dialed although initially I was pushing a bit….will post more next time I go!
Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #12818
Tech Addict

Quote:
Revolution makes the LRC mounts already. Complete set includes 3 RR mounts and 1 RF mount at A Main for around $65.
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #12819
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
Revolution makes the LRC mounts already. Complete set includes 3 RR mounts and 1 RF mount at A Main for around $65.
I like RDRP. Only problem is it won't work on a type B chassis. I like being able to share parts with my SC and ST.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #12820
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
I like RDRP. Only problem is it won't work on a type B chassis. I like being able to share parts with my SC and ST.
What's the issue? Chassis clearance? If so just do a little surgery with the dremel tool.
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #12821
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
What's the issue? Chassis clearance? If so just do a little surgery with the dremel tool.
Each of the RR holders needs to be modified to accommodate the type B motor guard tab.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #12822
Tech Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
I looked when I first switched over and could not find a non- Cab For body.
I've looked around a bit too and haven't seen anything really for the longer chassis. Can anyone speak to what they are using for longer chassis?

I also hate cab forward….ALL OF THEM ARE UGLY!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #12823
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

What are you guys finding the type b chassis to do better than the stock aluminum? Also where in the world can I find the type b in stock?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #12824
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you need the chassis and the parts needed to convert to the Type B, order TDRZ2001 at your LHS. The central warehouse shows in stock, the west warehouse should have them soo, its the type b conversion kit, I think its the 3 parts but once I get mine I'll post here. Theres no info on it and its not on Tower's or Durango's site, so its going to be like christmas end of next week or early the following when it should arrive
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #12825
Tech Initiate

does anyone run on smooth clay? (literally smooth clay)

if so, what is your recommended setup?

also, any pics on how to do the mid motor setup? 210 noob..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/772144-brushless-motor-esc-saddle-packs-crawler-rims-tires.html#post12728946
ink'd is offline   Reply With Quote