R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #12796
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The type B chassis included is basically stronger, the other type B parts not included to various things (like making it easier to work on in some cases)
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #12797
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I have a DEX210 that I been testing all the STRC parts on and have not let one of my friends run it in 17.5. Since he is newer to the hobby the parts get tested much better. So far the graphite towers have performed great and even my buddy has not done anything to them.

Since the diff needed rebuilt I decided for less maint we would put the gear diff in the car. I dreaded getting into the tranny on this car but took me about 20 minutes total and I was done. Electric screw driver helped but all in all it was so much easier than expected. Ran a few runs on the car since the performance at least in 17.5 is the same as a diff and the gear diff with 2k in it is buttery smooth.

I ran a few laps with the gear diff in and it worked great. The lack of maint and the fact that is was very consistent lap after lap on our track is going to be really nice for my buddy to just be able to practice and race now without having to worry about the diff getting gritty. Car works very well overall and been pretty bullet proof with the added STRC parts.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #12798
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
The type B chassis included is basically stronger, the other type B parts not included to various things (like making it easier to work on in some cases)
Should I just wait till something breaks to move to the Type B parts?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #12799
Tech Elite

thats what I'd do.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #12800
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhSPAWN View Post
Personally, I would install the type B parts straight up, save you having to do it at the track during a race meet if something does break.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #12801
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still have all of the original parts on mine. I say original but what I mean is at this time I have no Type B parts. I do intend to use the new gear case when it comes out. I am planning to build my own chassis but haven't worked out what I want it to look like yet. I have no plans to use the DIMEC chassis since I do not like cab forward bodies at all and would like to continue to use the stock body in some fashion. Even if it needs to be modified a bit.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #12802
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
Personally, I would install the type B parts straight up, save you having to do it at the track during a race meet if something does break.
The only downside to this is that you'll have to use a plastic RR hanger. The stock one won't work. I think I'd stick with the type A for now and once you get comfortable, think about changing. The risk is exactly what ekt says though. I broke a ST chassis the night before a race and had to change it the morning of and it's definitely something you don't want to rush through.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #12803
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
The only downside to this is that you'll have to use a plastic RR hanger. The stock one won't work. I think I'd stick with the type A for now and once you get comfortable, think about changing. The risk is exactly what ekt says though. I broke a ST chassis the night before a race and had to change it the morning of and it's definitely something you don't want to rush through.
the SRC block aluminum RR is in stock, the LRC is not..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #12804
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
The type B RR hanger is pretty durable, from my experience, it has copped a fair bit of abuse in my SC with no issues.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #12805
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhSPAWN View Post
I'd wait for them to break. I read that the front and rear shock towers break all the time. So I bought the carbon fiber ones... About 2 years later, I STILL have not broken either shock tower and feel like I wasted paying for the carbon fiber ones!!! Also, I've heard of the ballcups popping out all the time... Guess what? Never happened to me and again, I have a whole bunch of parts laying around that hasn't broken. I haven't even broken arms yet. I have, however, broken the hubs quite a bit and the steering support.

So the moral of the story is...wait until you break them. Otherwise, you're going to have a lot of parts laying around that you don't need...
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #12806
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before I even drove my car I installed Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and ball studs and ball cups from the 22. I use these on all of my cars standard. No problems at all.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #12807
Tech Elite

What set ups do people run at motorama? also looking for tire sugestions. I ordered the dimec type b chassis conversion kit (tdrz2001)to keep th weight down for stock 2wd to replace my +8mm alloy. Should I order the alloy RR block as well? Is the traction there to run the dimec20 chassis?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #12808
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
The type B RR hanger is pretty durable, from my experience, it has copped a fair bit of abuse in my SC with no issues.
Completely agree. In the DEX210, I think it'd hold up well. I let a friend drive my DEST210 and he ripped the type B RR hanger on the first pack! I think it had to do with leverage since the ST arms are wider and open wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
the SRC block aluminum RR is in stock, the LRC is not..
True, I doubt that came with the parts he got though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
I'd wait for them to break. I read that the front and rear shock towers break all the time. So I bought the carbon fiber ones... About 2 years later, I STILL have not broken either shock tower and feel like I wasted paying for the carbon fiber ones!!! Also, I've heard of the ballcups popping out all the time... Guess what? Never happened to me and again, I have a whole bunch of parts laying around that hasn't broken. I haven't even broken arms yet. I have, however, broken the hubs quite a bit and the steering support.

So the moral of the story is...wait until you break them. Otherwise, you're going to have a lot of parts laying around that you don't need...
He already has the parts laying around. It came with the RTR.

For the CF towers, in addition to durability, they're a lot less flexible. You should try installing it see it changes the way the car handles. If you don' want to, sell it! The towers I mean
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #12809
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Think Durango will release some LRC RF blocks so you don't have to run 3* antisquat. Better yet offering an entire LRC combo in plastic would be great so I don't have to spend $20 on something that I might not even like/use.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #12810
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My only problem with this chassis is you will break a ballcup.
Basically the only part I have broken so I bought a set for $13 bucks.
What I like about buying durango parts is you get the whole entire tree.
I did turn some heads when i raced this chassis. This track I race on
is dominated by Losi 22's and B4.2's.

I was surprized how well this chassis handled against people running
alot faster motors than I was running. The stock Speed Passion system isnt slow, especially when you run a 50c or higher lipo that I was using.