Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey all, been running the dex210 and love it for the most part. Is it a common issue for this buggy to tend to understeer? I have been trying to shake this issue for a while now and have yet to be successful. I recently switched to a shorty pack mounted full forward, but it still pushes more than I'd like. I've tried stiffer rear springs, raking ride height, the tires everyone else is using on the track, front closed cell inserts and open cell inserts. When I make changes, I honestly can't tell if there's much difference turn in at all. This is frustrating because a buddy of mine just picked up a b4.2 and it handles wayyy better and has all the steering you would want. My steering throw is usually set to full lock, so I know that isn't an issue. It just seems like the front cannot bite when entering a turn. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I can try to post my setup sheet later if that would help. Looking for suggestions of changes I can make that would increase steering. I wouldn't mind making it twitchy and oversteer and dial back from there.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Do you run on clay?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Is your car set up as rear or mid motor? Forgot to ask, I just traded my b4.2 for the 210 and I run on clay. I am interested in the answer to your question even tho I have not even raced mine yet. I looked at this buggy cause of all the adjustability that is built into its design. Also many guys at our track are switching from rear to mid motor. I am still trying to read the entire thread to get as many tips as I can but I'm afraid it will take me years to sort thru all this info. It's been very helpful tho , I must say there are a lot of great little bits and pieces that should help. Good luck and I'll post too once I run mine.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WolfAusti
Hey all, been running the dex210 and love it for the most part. Is it a common issue for this buggy to tend to understeer? I have been trying to shake this issue for a while now and have yet to be successful. I recently switched to a shorty pack mounted full forward, but it still pushes more than I'd like. I've tried stiffer rear springs, raking ride height, the tires everyone else is using on the track, front closed cell inserts and open cell inserts. When I make changes, I honestly can't tell if there's much difference turn in at all. This is frustrating because a buddy of mine just picked up a b4.2 and it handles wayyy better and has all the steering you would want. My steering throw is usually set to full lock, so I know that isn't an issue. It just seems like the front cannot bite when entering a turn. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I can try to post my setup sheet later if that would help. Looking for suggestions of changes I can make that would increase steering. I wouldn't mind making it twitchy and oversteer and dial back from there.
I am switching my 210 over from MM4 to RM3 and my last rear RM clay setup was dialed. I am going to test that out again this weekend and will report back to you.. I would highly recommend the brass front weight that sits under the servo, (http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...-brass-weight/). That addition gave this car much more steering. I also ran Losi red front spring and toggled between Losi yellow and pink in the rear, Full trailing in the front. I will need to fill out a full setup sheet this weekend.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally, I like to adjust the caster and toe to "balance" the car to the given track conditions. This car has so much adjustment to it. adding caster/ leaning towards the rear of the car will tend to make it "twitchy". I made some "0" out of some spare rear inserts, thats what I mainly run. you can also try adjusting the front axle position. I try to only add weight when absolutly necessary. IMHO
Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

1.Going back to RM3, or MM3 will yield you less traction and get rid of some of the over steer.
2.Have you shimmed the steering turnbuckles to eliminate bump steer?
3. Using more antisquat will give you more off power steering.
4. Run less trailing.

You said it doesn't bite enough entering the turn. Is this turn low speed or high speed? Is the track high bite or loose?

if its a RTR 210, get rid of the servo saver.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Getting a kit one of these, never had a 10th scale buggy. The guys like the rtr tires when our track is wet, what is an approximate substitute. They aren't happy in the powder. What works good with a thick loose layer, spikes?

Our track is medium packed sandy clay.

@dino what's popular at B&D down south? We plan on making a few trips next year.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have also noticed the understeer. I would also agree the b4's do turn better. But like said above the car has so many adjustments Im sure it can be setup to turn better. But I have not fiqured out what to tune to get better steering.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run inline steering on all of my cars (but I'm not necessarily against trailing) and I will never ever run 30 degrees of front caster. 15-25 somewhere is generally where I stay.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fredswain
I run inline steering on all of my cars (but I'm not necessarily against trailing) and I will never ever run 30 degrees of front caster. 15-25 somewhere is generally where I stay.
My suggestion was going to be to run inline front axels. The buggy comes setup trailing. Going to inline will yield a lot more steering. Use the 0 inserts up front as it made a huge difference to me.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This car does not lack for steering at all. If steering isn't good it's a setup problem.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any difference between shortening the front camber link at the tower vs the hub?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tips guys! Few more details, I'm running on a high grip damp clay conditions where super soft compound is a must. I'm also running rm3. I also tend to shy away from adding more weight to the vehicle. I feel as if the setup should be able to be tweaked so that it turns well. I'm going to try running no trailing and maybe some more aggressive caster angles and see if that helps...
Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

What I'm really looking for is just some more rotation. I really like the feel of a buggy that will rotate on command. Not to compare apples to oranges, but this is one of the handling characteristics I really love about my eb48. Exceptional rotation on demand.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

The 210 does not lack steering... What pistons and shock oil are you running? Go to Ryan L. site and copy one of his set ups it will give you a good staring point with pistions etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.