Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4tec44
Just wondering if anyone else has seen the new proline body for the Rango?I saw a picture of it in the ifmar championship thread.I really liked the body and went to try and order it from proline but I notice it was not their.do you think the body is just a concept and when will they release it to the public?
Thanks John.
I'm sure like everything "unobtainable" for us mere mortals we have seen from the worlds, its in the works, and prob by the time we see it on the market, they will be working on a new design that we cant have yet..vicious circles.. lol
Old 10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the new proline body for the Rango?I saw a picture of it in the ifmar championship thread.I really liked the body and went to try and order it from proline but I notice it was not their.do you think the body is just a concept and when will they release it to the public?
Thanks John.
do you have a link?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

I am trying to decide which 2WD buggy to get.

I have a DESC210, is there much part sharing between platforms?

No major Canadian retailer has a deep parts stock on Dingo parts, so I find myself paying cross border shipping (slow and expensive) far too often.

I will go to something more readily supported north of the border like a TLR, AE or Schu if the parts trees aren't that similar.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devin

No major Canadian retailer has a deep parts stock on Dingo parts, so I find myself paying cross border shipping (slow and expensive) far too often.

I will go to something more readily supported north of the border like a TLR, AE or Schu if the parts trees aren't that similar.
Yes, there are quite a few parts shared between the DESC210 and DEX210, like the gearbox and part of the front end. I believe even the shocks are the same.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
Yes, there are quite a few parts shared between the DESC210 and DEX210, like the gearbox and part of the front end. I believe even the shocks are the same.
More different than the same. The big one is the transmission. Steering assembly is the same.

The shocks are a different size but the spring set works on both. Most of the suspension is different. DEST and DESC? There's a lot of sharing there.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Have you tried Great Hobbies or Pinnacle Hobbies? They both have a good selection of parts. And if they don't have stock.

If you order from Pinnacle before Tuesday, they can have the parts in the store by Friday.

If you order from Great Hobbies they will have the part to you normally within a week if their supplier (hobbico/great planes) has stock. Keep in mind Great Hobbies places their orders out on Sunday. And if your order is large enough, you get free shipping.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks John.
I haven't but now I'm interested. Want something to replace my RTR body and would like to see what Proline has in the pipeline before getting the Durango +8 body.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone weighed their mid motor car to see what the percentage of weight from front to back is? I'm just curious to see how much difference there is between mid and rear motor.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Have you tried Great Hobbies or Pinnacle Hobbies? They both have a good selection of parts. And if they don't have stock.

If you order from Pinnacle before Tuesday, they can have the parts in the store by Friday.

If you order from Great Hobbies they will have the part to you normally within a week if their supplier (hobbico/great planes) has stock. Keep in mind Great Hobbies places their orders out on Sunday. And if your order is large enough, you get free shipping.
Never knew about Pinnacle. That could be a great option! I race Sunday's, which may be why it seems like G.H. is so slow with their shipments since I place my orders Sunday night or Monday.

I disagree with your assessment on great stock at G.H., it seems they are out of stock or simply do not keep stock period on many items the US retailers do keep on hand. Spur gears being one example.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Question about the kit, I've received different responses from people at the track. Does the kit come with a gear diff as well as the ball or must I order the gear diff separately?
Old 10-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Never knew about Pinnacle. That could be a great option! I race Sunday's, which may be why it seems like G.H. is so slow with their shipments since I place my orders Sunday night or Monday.

I disagree with your assessment on great stock at G.H., it seems they are out of stock or simply do not keep stock period on many items the US retailers do keep on hand. Spur gears being one example.
Pinnacle is the fastest cause you can get it in a few days. Tues order, have it Friday at their store. Not sure what would be the time frame for them to ship to your door.

As for GH, you need to get your order in by sunday. Otherwise you have to wait another week. Also maybe that's cause I keep sweeping their inventory every week that I am in. Eg Like rims, spurs, spur covers, boots, etc. Sorry about that. Best thing to do is to call in an order to reserve the stuff. That way, at least they hold it for you. Thats what I mainly do, and I also raid their shelves. But the good thing is that you can order and have them ship it to your door.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Question about the kit, I've received different responses from people at the track. Does the kit come with a gear diff as well as the ball or must I order the gear diff separately?
Kit comes with ball diff. RTR might come with both but I think gear only on RTR. Not sure.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Which kit?

DEX210RTR - Gear Diff (only 2 gears) - but you can add the additional 2 other spider gears if you want. I think its $5 for the pins and $5 for the gears. 2 gears is still smooth, just less resistance than the 4 gear setup. Also I prefer thick grease vs putting in 1000-2000wt shock oil. Less likely to leak.

DEX210 Pro - Ball Diff only.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Kit comes with ball diff only...

RTR comes with gear diff only...
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jha07
Has anyone weighed their mid motor car to see what the percentage of weight from front to back is? I'm just curious to see how much difference there is between mid and rear motor.
With the pack all the way back and 1oz of weight on top of the tranny, mine was 37/67. I have managed to get it to 35/65 and it drives much better on dirt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.