R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #11941
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default rear shocks

I see you are running the shocks on the rear of the arms. Did you just swap left & right arms so the mounting holes are on the rear? I'm assuming this is done to place a little more weight on the rear wheels to increase traction, is that correct?

Last edited by D_n2blue; 08-21-2013 at 08:59 PM.
D_n2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #11942
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Isnt that required when running MM?
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #11943
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Isnt that required when running MM?
No, standard build has them on the front. Just wondering why some people are putting them on the back.
D_n2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #11944
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

The shocks are so close to being inline with the axels I cant imagine it makes much of a difference.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #11945
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

On high grip tracks it makes a difference, I felt you could get on the gas a little earlier.

I flipped the arms only but you can also just re drill extra holes in the rear of the arm.

I drove my DIY chassis yesterday and thought it worked really well. I need to lighten up the shocks a little now but all in all it worked really well
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #11946
Tech Fanatic
 
McD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default



Here's my wiring. Doesn't interfere with the body. I am using the super flexible TQ sensor cable which helps.
__________________
-Sean McDermott
Team Durango DEX210 | Team Durango DEX410v3 | Team Durango DESC410v2 | Team Durango DEST210R | "Whew, tires are expensive!"
McD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #11947
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

If you want some more room on the side pods have a look at the penguin shells from the UK
He has raised the sides a bit more so fans fit with out a problem

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/haskins2004/m.html
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #11948
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 1,048
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
What speedo do you have? I would think putting it on the other side would lead to cleaner wiring. I guess it just really depends on the angle that's created.
I am running a GTB2 Novak.
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #11949
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Seem to be a lot of mixed reviews on the RDRP plate. I got cold feet and decided to stick with the Durango aluminum plate.
What are the "mixed reviews"..I dont think I've heard anything negative on the RDRP plate..I'm interested in what's wrong with them..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #11950
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Estonia
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Any good starting points for gearing on 8.5R and 9.5R Speedpassion motors?
I'm driving on a quite small carpet track.
Not too sure about the ball cups too as they are too stiff. Arent there any other good ball cups by Durango for other vehicles?
jaank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #11951
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaank View Post
Any good starting points for gearing on 8.5R and 9.5R Speedpassion motors?
I'm driving on a quite small carpet track.
Not too sure about the ball cups too as they are too stiff. Arent there any other good ball cups by Durango for other vehicles?
I run 8.5 SP setup 81/24. Go down a tooth or two for indoor.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #11952
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,647
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
What are the "mixed reviews"..I dont think I've heard anything negative on the RDRP plate..I'm interested in what's wrong with them..
Try searching in the DESC210 thread. I remember see a few mixed reviews also. The people who tried went back to the tresrey CF rack I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_n2blue View Post
I see you are running the shocks on the rear of the arms. Did you just swap left & right arms so the mounting holes are on the rear? I'm assuming this is done to place a little more weight on the rear wheels to increase traction, is that correct?
Picked up the car used as a backup buggy. One of the setup things that I wanted to try. The arms are pretty much the only thing you need to do. I heard the wheelbase is also a few mm's longer. I haven't done a side by side comparison but I'm driving this one on a high bite track.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #11953
Tech Master
 
cantrell8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: tacoma
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
On high grip tracks it makes a difference, I felt you could get on the gas a little earlier.

I flipped the arms only but you can also just re drill extra holes in the rear of the arm.

I drove my DIY chassis yesterday and thought it worked really well. I need to lighten up the shocks a little now but all in all it worked really well
Have you played with gearing to move the motor back at all? Just curious if anyone has?
__________________
Jonathan Cantrell

Viper rc

Rockcroller88@Gmail.com
cantrell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #11954
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
Try searching in the DESC210 thread. I remember see a few mixed reviews also. The people who tried went back to the tresrey CF rack I think..
I did a search on this thread and found nothing negative on the RDRP plate..I have however seen the carbon fiber rack crack..I have one on my dex210 and it seems to work fine..I haven't had any problems with mine..I have tried a few different racks. I didn't care much for the zero caster inserts. .made my buggy way to twitchy for me..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #11955
Tech Elite
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,052
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I did a search on this thread and found nothing negative on the RDRP plate..I have however seen the carbon fiber rack crack..I have one on my dex210 and it seems to work fine..I haven't had any problems with mine..I have tried a few different racks. I didn't care much for the zero caster inserts. .made my buggy way to twitchy for me..
So, it looks like that rack can be installed a couple different ways. Any one try it?

whats funny too is that rack isnt even on thier own websight. http://www.revolution-rc.com/our-products.html
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net