R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes

Old 07-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #11521
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by joho View Post
This look like lali warehouse in HK, if that's the case, the Tresrey parts works great since you will want less antisquat for that track. I have a setting for that track if you are interest in it.
Hi Joho, good spotting, yes it is Lali in HK, if you have a nice setup I would like to take a look thanks! what front tyres did you run, i'm using JC Rips but would like a little more steering... could be setup though, not had the chance to really get in to this buggy and start tuning with the damn toe block problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
The tresrey part is great, takes a ton of beating and holds up really well. However I would check out the new spec b hinge pin hangers. They are designed without the pivot balls, and you could also probably sand down a set to get a low roll center option which seems to be interesting for people running on loose surfaces.
Thanks for the heads up GergerL, do you have a link to the new spec B parts? I have not seen those.

Appreciate the help guys, I was getting really bummed out with my Dex210, I have been to the track twice and come home in pieces both times, I like the buggy and I'm sure it will be good once these problems are fixed
ClayRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #11522
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
Here are the wheels that will fit the DEX210.
Front wheels
Rear wheels
As for tires, don't know of any tires specifically designed for onroad buggy use, I just use worn out sets. Any of the 2.2" tires found below will fit.
Front
Rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
These are 2.2s, might be able to fit them up front.
Thanks guys!

-TLR 22
-Durango DESC410R
DonRSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #11523
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayRacer View Post
Hi Joho, good spotting, yes it is Lali in HK, if you have a nice setup I would like to take a look thanks! what front tyres did you run, i'm using JC Rips but would like a little more steering... could be setup though, not had the chance to really get in to this buggy and start tuning with the damn toe block problem.

Thanks for the heads up GergerL, do you have a link to the new spec B parts? I have not seen those.

Appreciate the help guys, I was getting really bummed out with my Dex210, I have been to the track twice and come home in pieces both times, I like the buggy and I'm sure it will be good once these problems are fixed
Here's a link to the spec B suspension holders http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNUY&P=7
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #11524
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
Here's a link to the spec B suspension holders
Is the plastic better than the original? its a cheap option but I dont mind the extra couple of bucks for the alu one if it means I can spend a day at the track without my rear end falling apart

Have many people tried the B spec part with success?

Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #11525
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Is the plastic better than the original? its a cheap option but I dont mind the extra couple of bucks for the alu one if it means I can spend a day at the track without my rear end falling apart

Have many people tried the B spec part with success?

Thanks again!
I have been running the B type parts for several months now without any modifications and without any issues.
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #11526
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi guys, I have broken this part 2 times in under 3 batteries so I guess its time to upgrade.
Attachment 1084832

I run on a hardpack clay track with a wet and loose top surface. Is the Tresery 2/3 Block a good choice?
Attachment 1084833

Here is a photo of the track conditions.
Attachment 1084831
On that track I would use the brass 0/3 block and if you want more anti squat I would buy the RDRP RR low roll center ones.
I have this setup and it works great on low grip tracks. Can be bought from Amain Hobbies
KYOSHO INFERNO GT2, ST-RR VE, TURBO OPTIMA, OPTIMA MID LWB, ULTIMA +++
ridgeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #11527
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehartman_49348 View Post
I have been running the B type parts for several months now without any modifications and without any issues.
Do the Type B parts fit the standard Kit alu chassis ok? (TD320125) or are they ment for the DIMEC chassis?
Durango DEX210 Thread-320125-top_piw.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeracer View Post
On that track I would use the brass 0/3 block and if you want more anti squat I would buy the RDRP RR low roll center ones.
I have this setup and it works great on low grip tracks. Can be bought from Amain Hobbies
The RDRP ones look intersting but kind of pricey.. I guess i'm still a little miffed that I need to buy these parts just to "fix" the kit lol.

*EDIT - I see you can buy RDRP1903 on its own (I only found the set for $65 before )
Durango DEX210 Thread-rdrd1903.jpg

Looks like a good option!

Last edited by ClayRacer; 07-01-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #11528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Do the Type B parts fit the standard Kit alu chassis ok? (TD320125) or are they ment for the DIMEC chassis?
Attachment 1084920

The RDRP ones look intersting but kind of pricey.. I guess i'm still a little miffed that I need to buy these parts just to "fix" the kit lol.

*EDIT - I see you can buy RDRP1903 on its own (I only found the set for $65 before )
Attachment 1084921

The type b parts are intended for the type b DIMEC/DIMEC20 chassis.
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #11529
Tech Regular

Quote:
Attachment 1084920

Attachment 1084921

Im using the RDRP0046 brass RF suspension mount 0/3. For high grip tracks I use the brass 3/3 mount
KYOSHO INFERNO GT2, ST-RR VE, TURBO OPTIMA, OPTIMA MID LWB, ULTIMA +++
ridgeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #11530
Tech Initiate

Thanks everyone for the help, I went ahead and ordered the Tresery toe block and a carbon steering upgrade from TSR products in the US. Lets hope it all works out well.
JConcepts, Proline, GM, TeamPower, Speedmind & Louise Tyres
Old 07-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #11531
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Attachment 1084920

Attachment 1084921

That kinda sucks to change it like they did. I don't mind using the balls for the standard parts. I used this setup on several other brand offroad cars and touring cars with no problems. So now to use the new B parts I have to invest in a new plastic chassis. I will stick with the aluminum one and use the balls instead.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #11532
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
That kinda sucks to change it like they did. I don't mind using the balls for the standard parts. I used this setup on several other brand offroad cars and touring cars with no problems. So now to use the new B parts I have to invest in a new plastic chassis. I will stick with the aluminum one and use the balls instead.
Yeah, this is why I decided to get the Tresery part, I really just want something thats going to bolt in to the kit I have and I know Tresery parts are ok (used them before). Only bummer is I probably wont get them until the end of July (USA to Hong Kong postage time is not great) but hey thats the way the cookie crumbles.
JConcepts, Proline, GM, TeamPower, Speedmind & Louise Tyres
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #11533
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehartman_49348 View Post
The type b parts are intended for the type b DIMEC/DIMEC20 chassis.
That is true, but are you sure they won't work with the original chassis? I haven't tried it yet but I have the parts at home and was eyeballing it the other day and it looks to be possible. The main dimensions have not been changed, and you should be able to make it work with a spacer or two if you still want to use the original motor guard.

Looking at it I think with a small amount of DIY you could make a cheapo LRC option from the spec B RR hanger.

Anyway, I will have a stab at it next week and report back with my result.

/Greger
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #11534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
That is true, but are you sure they won't work with the original chassis? I haven't tried it yet but I have the parts at home and was eyeballing it the other day and it looks to be possible. The main dimensions have not been changed, and you should be able to make it work with a spacer or two if you still want to use the original motor guard.

Looking at it I think with a small amount of DIY you could make a cheapo LRC option from the spec B RR hanger.

Anyway, I will have a stab at it next week and report back with my result.

/Greger
From what I understand, it looks like the B parts are backwards compatible but I'm not positive.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #11535
ekt
Tech Master

The spec B suspension holders should work with the aluminium chassis, it's just be the RR holder that you will have to use the old/aluminium version.