R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree27Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #11461
Tech Elite
 
kwiksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,485
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Anybody know what size thrust balls are in the diff?
__________________
Thanks in 2017 to

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #11462
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,084
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

These.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXATSB&P=FR

and the Jconcepts ballcups made all the difference in the world for me.
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #11463
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangoman View Post
Any of you guys run into any problems with your motor wire routing when using a c/f rear shock mount? I am running the standard body and my motor wires seem to be holding the body up. I can push it down to get the body clip in but was just a little concerned.
I have the vega camber mount and a cf tower 13g wire no body mounts just velcro on the side pods all four wires through the tower flat against the gearbox I'm not sure the height of the body mount hole but I seem to have enough clearance for my kit or jc body without problems from what I see in the manual
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #11464
Tech Fanatic
 
Heavy B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default DEX210 For Sale

If interested in a very clean DEX210 go here:

Team Durango DEX210
__________________
Brian Bernt
2013 9th Annual HobbyPLEX Enduro Open Class Co-Champion
2011 ROAR Region 8 Mod 2wd SCT Champion
2010 & 2007 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Buggy Champion
2009 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Stadium Truck Champion
Heavy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #11465
Tech Regular
 
ApacheRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central WI
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Have a dex210 for sale PM for more info and pics!!
ApacheRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #11466
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

I have seen some guys running the rear shocks on the backside if the shock tower. Any benefits and what parts do I need for the conversion?
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #11467
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,084
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangoman View Post
I have seen some guys running the rear shocks on the backside if the shock tower. Any benefits and what parts do I need for the conversion?
You can either drill holes for the bottom of the shocks...or flip the a-arms backwards (thats what most do). I also needed a 2mm shim on the bottom of the shock to space it away from the camber link.
I only run mm4 on carpet...and can tell you it's great for that. Car gets more lift and seems less tippy.
I don't know how good it works on dirt.
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #11468
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coral Gables
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Rm3 with the arms flipped works great on dirt jd. And for anyone else who wants to know. But like i said in an earlier post i found that the car ran way better setup with short wheel base
2SlowTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #11469
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Just added the Durango 4 x 1.3mm double tapered pistons to my buggy along with the new gold shock shafts and then I already new I wanted lighter oil from when I first tested the car. Took a few laps last night and it felt very smooth overall and took the jumps well with no problems of bottoming out. So I think my oil combo and spring combo are pretty close. Running most of Jorn's setup that I found from the Reedy Race and one other race where he had pretty much the same oil and spring combo. I'm running Dark Green Front springs and Dark Blue rear springs with 30wt front oil and 27 1/2 rear oil. Front has the 30 gram weight with 30 degree caster and longest camber link positioning. Also have the the stock 4mm back setup for the front axle. Middle hole on tower and outer on arm for the shock mounting.

Car has good off power going into the corner but once I get to middle off the corner it don't have a tight finish as it either pushes out or I could use a little overall steering throw (I already have it as far as it can without modding the steering knuckle some). Otherwise in just a few packs I ran it feels really good. Its just minor setup tweaks now. If you have any ideas on the tighter steering coming off or if guys do mod the knuckle some for more overall throw let me know. I have no problems using my Dremel.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #11470
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SlowTC View Post
I ran my car with the shortest wheelbase possible...i.e stock metal chassis and hubs as short as they can go and WOW my dex was amazing except for a broken hub and ball stud(it is a Durango) any way this is all on a outdoor 1/8th scale nitro track that is BIG....just though I'd let you all know. I see a lot of talk about huge wheelbase on these cars. Give it a try
At least on our clay indoor tracks most guys no matter what brand car they run where all switching back to stock length chassis's from the +8 styles that a lot of companies are making. Even when I ran my Tamiya TRF201 the stock length chassis was so much better than the +8. Going really long would seem to make the car more numb feeling overall which would be ok if I was on carpet racing but not as much for dirt or clay. Stability is not a problem with my car as I run it now with the stock alum. chassis. Mine is pretty close to as short as I can make it so far. Feels pretty neutral on the track.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #11471
Tech Fanatic
 
nismomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gilbert AZ
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Just added the Durango 4 x 1.3mm double tapered pistons to my buggy along with the new gold shock shafts and then I already new I wanted lighter oil from when I first tested the car. Took a few laps last night and it felt very smooth overall and took the jumps well with no problems of bottoming out. So I think my oil combo and spring combo are pretty close. Running most of Jorn's setup that I found from the Reedy Race and one other race where he had pretty much the same oil and spring combo. I'm running Dark Green Front springs and Dark Blue rear springs with 30wt front oil and 27 1/2 rear oil. Front has the 30 gram weight with 30 degree caster and longest camber link positioning. Also have the the stock 4mm back setup for the front axle. Middle hole on tower and outer on arm for the shock mounting.

Car has good off power going into the corner but once I get to middle off the corner it don't have a tight finish as it either pushes out or I could use a little overall steering throw (I already have it as far as it can without modding the steering knuckle some). Otherwise in just a few packs I ran it feels really good. Its just minor setup tweaks now. If you have any ideas on the tighter steering coming off or if guys do mod the knuckle some for more overall throw let me know. I have no problems using my Dremel.
What are you running as far as droop/limiters in the front? I don't use the droop pads front or rear, but instead I ground them off the front bulkhead and use 2mm of internal limiters and 1mm in the rear. I am running nearly identical setup in my shocks otherwise. Do you use the 1.5/3.0 rear toe block? Also, how much bump-out do you have at full droop?
__________________
Thanks to my 2013 sponsors!
*Team Durango~Pro-Line~MIP~RDRP~Futaba~Boca Bearings*
*Hacker Electronics~Muchmore Racing~O’Donnell Racing Fuel~O.S. Engines*
nismomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #11472
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismomike View Post
What are you running as far as droop/limiters in the front? I don't use the droop pads front or rear, but instead I ground them off the front bulkhead and use 2mm of internal limiters and 1mm in the rear. I am running nearly identical setup in my shocks otherwise. Do you use the 1.5/3.0 rear toe block? Also, how much bump-out do you have at full droop?
Right now the droop stops are on and I have full droop at this time. I have 3 degree of rear toe with the 1.5 anti squat. I have very little bump steer in the car right now.

For just starting out with the car it feels really nice and smooth. Takes the small and large jumps equally as well. Rear I have the shocks in middle hole on arm and middle hole on tower.

In the few packs I have run I already feel the car is as good as any car I have ran at our track and that is just with a limited amount of runs. Very happy with the car so far. Zero diff issues (mine has not come loose at all). Going to add an aluminum servo horn and aluminum rack for my steering instead of the plastic one the ball studs mount to. I will do that before I run the car tonight again to see if that changes it a little.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #11473
Tech Fanatic
 
nismomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gilbert AZ
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Right now the droop stops are on and I have full droop at this time. I have 3 degree of rear toe with the 1.5 anti squat. I have very little bump steer in the car right now.

For just starting out with the car it feels really nice and smooth. Takes the small and large jumps equally as well. Rear I have the shocks in middle hole on arm and middle hole on tower.

In the few packs I have run I already feel the car is as good as any car I have ran at our track and that is just with a limited amount of runs. Very happy with the car so far. Zero diff issues (mine has not come loose at all). Going to add an aluminum servo horn and aluminum rack for my steering instead of the plastic one the ball studs mount to. I will do that before I run the car tonight again to see if that changes it a little.
I would shorten your front shock length by 2mm. Either using the droop screws or internal limiters. That's gonna give you more on power mid to exit steering.
__________________
Thanks to my 2013 sponsors!
*Team Durango~Pro-Line~MIP~RDRP~Futaba~Boca Bearings*
*Hacker Electronics~Muchmore Racing~O’Donnell Racing Fuel~O.S. Engines*
nismomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #11474
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismomike View Post
I would shorten your front shock length by 2mm. Either using the droop screws or internal limiters. That's gonna give you more on power mid to exit steering.
Thanks. I will certainly try that tonight. Not use to having an offroad buggy that has some touring car adjustments. Lots of learning to do with this car. I'm a little behind and been reading back pages to try to catch up on the info available for this car. Lots of reading left to do thats for sure.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #11475
Tech Fanatic
 
nismomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gilbert AZ
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Thanks. I will certainly try that tonight. Not use to having an offroad buggy that has some touring car adjustments. Lots of learning to do with this car. I'm a little behind and been reading back pages to try to catch up on the info available for this car. Lots of reading left to do thats for sure.
I think the general consensus is: if you are running on dirt/clay, remove the droop screws and grind off the droop pads from the front bulkhead. Use internal limiters and measure overall length, match shock lengths using the shock end to fine tune length.
If you run on carpet, turf, or cork, use the droop screws.
__________________
Thanks to my 2013 sponsors!
*Team Durango~Pro-Line~MIP~RDRP~Futaba~Boca Bearings*
*Hacker Electronics~Muchmore Racing~O’Donnell Racing Fuel~O.S. Engines*
nismomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16572 10-14-2017 01:35 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
coaltrain
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net