R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #11431
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,072
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
forgot to ask about the body and the fitment. Any issues?
Honestly...none. Bolt holes lined up..no need to grind on anything...all good.

Edit*
Misread..thought you were asking about the chassis.
I had to drill out a new rear hole and oblong the front a tad but it fit good otherwise.
It's a non issue if you are running velcro.
I don't know what body I have (got the car used) but it fit's well.
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #11432
Tech Elite
 
EvanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Playing with the gearing, was running 17.5

Changed it to 8.5 with a 81 spur, but the smallest pinion I can get to fit is 26t???

I've set up sheets with 21t anyone have an issue fitting a 21p with 81s?

didn't get to run it to temp. today, broke the chassis in less than 2min playing with the quads - all that extra power I couldn't resist.
__________________
**Over The Top RC - Cars for Kids Program**

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #11433
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
Playing with the gearing, was running 17.5

Changed it to 8.5 with a 81 spur, but the smallest pinion I can get to fit is 26t???

I've set up sheets with 21t anyone have an issue fitting a 21p with 81s?

didn't get to run it to temp. today, broke the chassis in less than 2min playing with the quads - all that extra power I couldn't resist.
You running blinky? If so you will need to get a smaller spur. Durango makes a machined 75t. RW also makes smaller spurs aw well.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #11434
Tech Elite
 
EvanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
You running blinky? If so you will need to get a smaller spur. Durango makes a machined 75t. RW also makes smaller spurs aw well.
Was running a 75t spur/32t pinon when I was running the 17.5, changed over to 8.5 so looking at a 81t spur/23-24 pinion, but the smallest I can if is a 26t pinion.
__________________
**Over The Top RC - Cars for Kids Program**

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #11435
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
Was running a 75t spur/32t pinon when I was running the 17.5, changed over to 8.5 so looking at a 81t spur/23-24 pinion, but the smallest I can if is a 26t pinion.
Gotcha. Misread your post. I ran 81/24 with no fitment issues.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #11436
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
Gotcha. Misread your post. I ran 81/24 with no fitment issues.
Same here... No fitting issues
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6
Kyosho ZX6.6
Kyosho Rt6
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #11437
Tech Elite
 
EvanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Curious what are your guys temps at after a run?

I will try the 24 again, looks like the motor was butting up against the FR hinge pin holder.
__________________
**Over The Top RC - Cars for Kids Program**

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #11438
Tech Elite
 
platgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What has better rear stability, mm or rm?
platgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #11439
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Any of you guys try the MIP bypass pistons in your dex210?
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #11440
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Wrong car.

Last edited by mulepic; 06-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #11441
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I just fitted the 28 and 32mmgf/mm rear springs on the front shocks. They both fit great and I can adjust the ride height w/ some pre-load in spite of the extra length. I'm going to test them at the track tomorrow. I hope it works out b/c I was getting frustrated w/ the front shocks being too long for the springs.
On buggy? I don't understand what your trying to accomplish
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6
Kyosho ZX6.6
Kyosho Rt6
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #11442
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
Curious what are your guys temps at after a run?

I will try the 24 again, looks like the motor was butting up against the FR hinge pin holder.
130's
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6
Kyosho ZX6.6
Kyosho Rt6
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #11443
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
On buggy? I don't understand what your trying to accomplish
Wrong car, I forgot I wasn't in the desc thread.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #11444
Tech Addict
 
tauntunderdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys and girls. This may have already been asked but I couldn't find anything on it so if it has please point me in the right direction.

I have my DEX210 setup in rm3 configuration and with the slipper clutch loose it rolls freely but as I tighten the slipper up the whole gearbox seems to tighten up to a point where the wheels don't spin anymore. Once it gets to that point the nut starts to tighten on its own as I force the car forward and loosen when I roll it backwards to the point where it loosens enough to free up the wheels again.

I've checked in the manual and everything seems to be setup right so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone could even pm me with a response so I'm not doubling up on info on this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Sean
__________________
I LIKE STUFF!!!
tauntunderdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #11445
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntunderdogs View Post
Hi guys and girls. This may have already been asked but I couldn't find anything on it so if it has please point me in the right direction.

I have my DEX210 setup in rm3 configuration and with the slipper clutch loose it rolls freely but as I tighten the slipper up the whole gearbox seems to tighten up to a point where the wheels don't spin anymore. Once it gets to that point the nut starts to tighten on its own as I force the car forward and loosen when I roll it backwards to the point where it loosens enough to free up the wheels again.

I've checked in the manual and everything seems to be setup right so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone could even pm me with a response so I'm not doubling up on info on this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Sean
It would seem you have a problem on your top layshaft. Check to see if the heads of the screws that go all the way through the gearbox are protruding past the motor plate. These screws should have thread lock on them and only done up finger tight so that the head of the screw just mates up with the plastic on the outer of the gear box casing. Next check the aluminium spacer. Durango made a running change to a hard anodised one. The original one which I have is not and when you tighten the slipper the spacer ends up riding up the layshaft where the gear should be binding the shaft. I dremeled mine down and placed a 8th clutch shim either side. Make sure that there is a 3mm washer at the end of the layshaft before the spring goes on as if this is missing the spring will bind up against the bearing. You also need to check the inner slipper plate and see if it is binding on the motor plate and if it is you will need to place an 8th clutch shim after the bearing before the inner slipper plate. I use AE slipper pads as well as they are thicker than the Durango ones but make sure that they are inserted so that they are flat in the spur otherwise when the spur gets hot the spur will move and then strip. When you have the gearbox and slipper built make sure that there is a very slight amount of play in the shaft which should exist even when you tighten up the slipper nut. I put a 2mm washer after the spring and before the nut as well. Hope that helps.
__________________
Schumacher K2, KF2, K1, KF | TeamC TM2 V1, TM4 | Durango DEX410 V3 | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | EMAX 250 | Gravity 250 | KC250
AmiSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net