R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #11341
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
Does anyone know if the Alum. bulkhead (Tresery/Exotec) fits on the new chassis?
No they won't. The vertical ribbing on the kickup of the new chassis is quite large, and will have interference issues on current aftermarket bulkheads.

Also of note- the new chassis requires use of a new motor guard which has a tongue that slides into a groove in a new design RR pivot. And on both the RF and RR pivots, the pivot balls have been eliminated- no more tearing arms out of the RF pivots.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #11342
Tech Master
 
SOuthernFRIED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Olive Branch,MS
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Are the new front bulkhead and rear motor guard the only required pieces to run the new chassis?
__________________
James Cooper
SouthernFriedRacing
teamsfr@gmail.com
SOuthernFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #11343
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOuthernFRIED View Post
Are the new front bulkhead and rear motor guard the only required pieces to run the new chassis?
Yes, the front bulkhead comes with the new style plastic RF and RR pivots. Existing aluminum RF pivots will still work just fine. And if you want the added strength of an aluminum RR pivot still, they have also released a new one that works with the new chassis/motor guard setup.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #11344
Tech Master
 
SOuthernFRIED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Olive Branch,MS
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
__________________
James Cooper
SouthernFriedRacing
teamsfr@gmail.com
SOuthernFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #11345
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,112
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
If it's not fully together, do the bfast break in.

B-FAST R/C PERFORMANCE
Differential Break-In Procedure
1) Clean all parts and work area

2) Follow owner’s manual for assembly instructions

3) Lightly Coat Diff Balls with B-Fast Pro Diff lube, thoroughly lube Thrust Bearing with
B-Fast Pro Thrust grease. (or equivalent)

4) Snug diff screw just until gear will not turn while outdrives are held.

5) Hold one outdrive from spinning, a hex wrench that fits into the outdrive slot, clamped to your bench or in a vise works good.

6) Use a power drill or Dremel (the cone shaped cotton polishing tip works great) to spin the diff for about 20 seconds (HIGH rpm on drill, LOW on Dremel). Reverse rotation for another 20 seconds.

7) Tighten diff screw about 1/16 of a turn and repeat step 6

8) Repeat step 7 at least two more times.

Follow owner’s manual to set slipper
Slipper should slip BEFORE the diff
Do Not let the Diff Slip at anytime!!
Car is all done. Right now I had to get a different esc as my standard Castle MMP don't fit so I went with a Novak Impart even though my better judgment told me not to go with Novak and will you guess as of right now I can't get it setup to work. Servo works great, receiver all working bu can't get the new esc to run the motor with a brand new Novak 7.5 so I tried an 8.5 motor I have that I know works an still get the same error code from this damn Novak. I know I should of grabbed a Tekin RS off our shelf at the hobbyshop I work at but thought I would help and take a product that wouldn't move for us and now I'm paying for it. First experience with Novak since the Hammer brushed ESC but 15 plus years later same freaking results a non working ESC at this time. If I can't figure this and out and it goes back to Novak I will be even more furious than I am right now. I will shoe horn my MMP in as at least it always works.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #11346
Tech Master
 
lappdawg27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Marietta, PA
Posts: 1,109
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Car is all done. Right now I had to get a different esc as my standard Castle MMP don't fit so I went with a Novak Impart even though my better judgment told me not to go with Novak and will you guess as of right now I can't get it setup to work. Servo works great, receiver all working bu can't get the new esc to run the motor with a brand new Novak 7.5 so I tried an 8.5 motor I have that I know works an still get the same error code from this damn Novak. I know I should of grabbed a Tekin RS off our shelf at the hobbyshop I work at but thought I would help and take a product that wouldn't move for us and now I'm paying for it. First experience with Novak since the Hammer brushed ESC but 15 plus years later same freaking results a non working ESC at this time. If I can't figure this and out and it goes back to Novak I will be even more furious than I am right now. I will shoe horn my MMP in as at least it always works.
Hope you enjoy the Durango...I've been running the DEST210R at Pit Stop and love it.
__________________
Pitstop Hobbies Web Admin - http://www.pitstophobbies.net

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #11347
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Yes, the front bulkhead comes with the new style plastic RF and RR pivots. Existing aluminum RF pivots will still work just fine. And if you want the added strength of an aluminum RR pivot still, they have also released a new one that works with the new chassis/motor guard setup.
So the old RR pivots won't work? I'll be bummed if I can't still use the aluminum RR that came in the kit.
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #11348
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,112
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappdawg27 View Post
Hope you enjoy the Durango...I've been running the DEST210R at Pit Stop and love it.
It is a pretty trick car out of the box thats for sure. I will make it down some Friday to watch since I can't make it til around 8:30
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #11349
Tech Master
 
RC10Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappdawg27 View Post
Hope you enjoy the Durango...I've been running the DEST210R at Pit Stop and love it.
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but you guys should try it in mid motor! Maybe you'll beat that old rustbucket t3 running in ST!
__________________
JT RC Products
https://www.facebook.com/JTRCProducts/
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #11350
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield CA
Posts: 2,056
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

So I have a question. I'm still new to ball diffs. I picked up a used dex210 and the guy said the diff was fresh and after I got it he said he wasn't sure to just run it and find out for myself. Well I swapped everything from rm4 to mm4 and put it all together. I tried to get the diff to break in but after starting up the car I kept tighting the diff till I got to the barely forward rotation. Well finnly got it set with the wheels off and the diff screw was way out to get to that point. Was barely tight enough to not be able to hold the axle with my fingers. And as I was doing all thisnote the slipper was about 2 turns from locked. Well as I pur the tires on to do the rotations it seemed like the slipper was really loose BC I set the car on the floor and it diddent move. So I locked the slipper and same thing. So I tighten up the diff and kept trying and finnaly ended up locking the diff and it was slipping itself. Yes I know this is bad. I'm at a loss what could be the issue?

On a side note I first thought it was the wheels bc when I tightend them up to the hub it about locked up. I thought bad bearings so I pulled them but that was not the case. I flipped the hex to the outside and that freed it up. Is there any shimming that's needed? I'm running the alum hexes and Durango alum hubs. Or the nurs supposed to stay lose
__________________
*MIP/SCTE*
+FTM GRIP+
socal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #11351
Tech Elite
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,671
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Do you guys plan to release perhaps a Ver2 dex210 with the new chassis, front, rear RR & FR, & motor guard? Cause seperalty it's around quite a bit more after spending the money on a kit then having to buy this to strengthen things
__________________
5ive T (Bartoline 28.5cc, Bartoline Pipe, Team Chase)
Futaba 4pls
Team Chase 2015
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #11352
Tech Elite
 
EvanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Well since I can't use my Alum. bling on the new chassis, can anyone running the RDP +11 chassis chime in?

I'd like to know if the +8 body fits and also if there is much of a performance difference over the +8.
__________________
**Over The Top RC - Cars for Kids Program**

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #11353
Tech Adept
 
Smittydidit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So Cal High Desert
Posts: 130
Default New rf-rr mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Yes, the front bulkhead comes with the new style plastic RF and RR pivots. Existing aluminum RF pivots will still work just fine. And if you want the added strength of an aluminum RR pivot still, they have also released a new one that works with the new chassis/motor guard setup.
Hey Jonny5, do you have the part number for the new front bulkhead and rear pivot mounts? also, do you use the stock inner pins just without the balls? Thanks!

Smitty
__________________
RC8T "CE"--Orion "Truhe"--Hitech--Nitrotane
Tekno 410 -- RX8 -- Pro 4 4600 -- Hitech
Durango DEX 210 -- Reedy Sonic 9.5 -- Hitech
Futaba 4PL--Sponsored by N.S.F (Non spousal funds)
Smittydidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #11354
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittydidit View Post
Hey Jonny5, do you have the part number for the new front bulkhead and rear pivot mounts? also, do you use the stock inner pins just without the balls? Thanks!

Smitty
Here you go: http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD330578

Yep, stock hingepins without the pivot balls. May need a shim depending on what kickup is used.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #11355
Tech Regular
 
Dirtryder219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 463
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal23 View Post
So I have a question. I'm still new to ball diffs. I picked up a used dex210 and the guy said the diff was fresh and after I got it he said he wasn't sure to just run it and find out for myself. Well I swapped everything from rm4 to mm4 and put it all together. I tried to get the diff to break in but after starting up the car I kept tighting the diff till I got to the barely forward rotation. Well finnly got it set with the wheels off and the diff screw was way out to get to that point. Was barely tight enough to not be able to hold the axle with my fingers. And as I was doing all thisnote the slipper was about 2 turns from locked. Well as I pur the tires on to do the rotations it seemed like the slipper was really loose BC I set the car on the floor and it diddent move. So I locked the slipper and same thing. So I tighten up the diff and kept trying and finnaly ended up locking the diff and it was slipping itself. Yes I know this is bad. I'm at a loss what could be the issue?

On a side note I first thought it was the wheels bc when I tightend them up to the hub it about locked up. I thought bad bearings so I pulled them but that was not the case. I flipped the hex to the outside and that freed it up. Is there any shimming that's needed? I'm running the alum hexes and Durango alum hubs. Or the nurs supposed to stay lose
If you are up for it, I will help you with your diff. Haven't found a ball diff I couldn't build and get right!! Hit me up tomorrow, planning on going out to the track.
__________________
TLR 22 3.0, 22 SCT 2.0, 22T 2.0 - Orion-Schuur Speed
Dirtryder219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net