Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socal23
Anyone run the tresery dex layshaft that let's you use the ae spurs and pads? Good/bad? Pros/coins? Thoughts?
its absolutely stellar. been using it since day one. easier to source AE, kimbrough and jcon silent speed spur gearsddd then to find TD or RW (where 69, 75, 81t have all been backorder at the amains for a while now.) basically anything that requires frequent changing or upgrading or replacing, i jumped on buying the AE adaptors. like rear 12mm hex and front rc10 bearing wheel axle (and also got the 12mm hex up front but rather use AE bearing type axle conversion to adjust trailing.)
Old 06-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenng
its absolutely stellar. been using it since day one. easier to source AE, kimbrough and jcon silent speed spur gearsddd then to find TD or RW (where 69, 75, 81t have all been backorder at the amains for a while now.) basically anything that requires frequent changing or upgrading or replacing, i jumped on buying the AE adaptors. like rear 12mm hex and front rc10 bearing wheel axle (and also got the 12mm hex up front but rather use AE bearing type axle conversion to adjust trailing.)
Yeah that was my deal. Not only are they out of stock most of the time but $10-12 per spur compared to the stock ae for $4.
Not to hyped up on the vts set up. Running stock blinky that is just a lot of revolving mass to me. I know a few people who got there new b4.2's and pulled them off as well. Mod would be fine. Vts is nice I had it on my sc10 4x4 but it was backed with a ballistic 4.5 and rx8 lol
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried out both the VTS and Traid clutch last year on my B4 buggy and found them both to be easier to adjust than the standard 2 pad slipper clutch. Both of these systems offer much more friction than a standard setup yet they can be adjusted a little looser....It's not all or nothing...you get a wider range of adjustment...much more resolution.

I have yet to try either one on my 210 buggy but I know they will work as well on this platform.

One thing I did find through back to back testing at several different track is if you run 17.5....use the Avid Triad.

If running open/mod...use the VTS.

When I tested last year, Avid hadn't released the new red pads yet and I found the white pads to be a little too slick for the high grip clay tracks I race at. I have a feeling the new red higher friction pads will make the Triad clutch a better all around option regardless of motor power.

Either option is better than the standard setup.

Last edited by Tdiddy; 06-04-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Originally Posted by kdub
You can use the 1020-MOD or 1020-STK Triad Slipper Set with the DEX210 Upgrade Pack to outfit any Durango 2wd with the Avid Triad Slipper. The Triad Slipper Sets are $28 and then $15 for the Durango Upgrade Pack (topshaft, drive plate, gear cover). Lexan gear covers come pre-drilled, just trim the outside edges. Pic attached.
I've got a 1020 still new in package here, when will the dex210 upgrade be available to order?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Thanks Raul. I will check out that setup. Can't wait to build the car as I always thought it was pretty trick setup and now that I started researching more it really has way more cool features than I knew it had.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Avid DEX210 upgrade pack is available- $15.00
http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
(plus you need the triad kit)
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

"These go to 11".
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dex.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by singlemike
Avid DEX210 upgrade pack is available- $15.00
http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
(plus you need the triad kit)
Ordered. Needed bearings anyways
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

could someone tell me if I buy the 4x1 mm tapered piston or is it better to the dual ones? at 9 or 15 a set i don't really want to buy them more than once. Also, Could someone tell me what the stock gearing is on the RTR kit? Is it 81/29?

Last edited by cripplethreat; 06-06-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: more questions
Old 06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

What chassis are the guys who are using this car to race at the front of the EOS races using? Do they always use the same chassis on carpet or other surfaces? Im interested in what to run on carpet most.. thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone
What chassis are the guys who are using this car to race at the front of the EOS races using? Do they always use the same chassis on carpet or other surfaces? Im interested in what to run on carpet most.. thanks
Most of the newer carpet setups posted here http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html are using a non available +8 aluminum chassis.
From what I have read on Oople...it's going to be a factory option part...but I have no inside intel. to confirm that.

I am going to be running carpet with the +11...will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-06-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Ok I hope no one get to mad at this question just don't feel like digging through hundreds of post but anyway I just got a dexb210 this is my first 2wd buggy always raced 4x4 buggy sct and 1/8 buggy and truggy so I need help with the setup not somuch the kit but what motor turn kv what lipo c rate is good servo for this kit and what part do I need to upgrade any help will be appreciated thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiceP
Ok I hope no one get to mad at this question just don't feel like digging through hundreds of post but anyway I just got a dexb210 this is my first 2wd buggy always raced 4x4 buggy sct and 1/8 buggy and truggy so I need help with the setup not somuch the kit but what motor turn kv what lipo c rate is good servo for this kit and what part do I need to upgrade any help will be appreciated thanks

Anyone can chime in and correct men if I'm wrong here.

These are the usual questions and have a lot of different answers.

First off. Petitrc.com has a few good base set ups. Will give you valor of detail info on set ups. Good starting point depending on track types/size.
Motor depends on what class. Stock 17.5 a lot of people run the reedy and orion motors. Shuur speed I hear are great. I personally run the trinity d3.5 but I don't race roar.
The higher C is allways better. Also depends on weather you run shortys or stick packs.
I don't run anything less then 60c but that's preference. Anything over 35-40C is a good start point. And gearing comes with wearher you run stock/mod. If you plan on trying a lot of different gearing invest in the tresery lay shaft to run ae spurs. There a lot cheaper then Durango and allways in stock. Or the avid triad kit. Upgrade rear hubs. And that's a good start. Play with it and upgrade as you see fit! Good luck hope that helps.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone

I run +8 Carbon Fiber chassis. I have seen a few break but I have over 20 races on mine and still like new. Maybe I'm lucky. I like it on both carpet and dirt.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socal23
Anyone can chime in and correct men if I'm wrong here.

These are the usual questions and have a lot of different answers.

First off. Petitrc.com has a few good base set ups. Will give you valor of detail info on set ups. Good starting point depending on track types/size.
Motor depends on what class. Stock 17.5 a lot of people run the reedy and orion motors. Shuur speed I hear are great. I personally run the trinity d3.5 but I don't race roar.
The higher C is allways better. Also depends on weather you run shortys or stick packs.
I don't run anything less then 60c but that's preference. Anything over 35-40C is a good start point. And gearing comes with wearher you run stock/mod. If you plan on trying a lot of different gearing invest in the tresery lay shaft to run ae spurs. There a lot cheaper then Durango and allways in stock. Or the avid triad kit. Upgrade rear hubs. And that's a good start. Play with it and upgrade as you see fit! Good luck hope that helps.
Thanks that helps I am going to run outdoor dirt track not roar and all my lipos are 6500mah 150c maxamps and 5000mah 90c Orion just didn't know if that was over kill for this car I would assume I can get damn good run time with these I get 12 min main in 4x4 sc with ease so maybe going down in mah to lighten car might not be a bad idea or what do u run as far as mah.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.