Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Subscribed!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #11253
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

My brand new DEX210 showed up today. I will be running all the new STRC parts that Steve just came out with on the car. All aluminum on my new car will be the gun metal and will have the new graphite towers STRC makes as well.

This will be the buggy I run for the fall/winter indoor season. By reading over this thread some and seeing a few of them run it looks to be a nice car. Going to start building the car this weekend some and finish by the end of new weekend. Will get a few pics posted with the new STRC parts on the car.

Any good setups to start with for a med/to high bite indoor clay track with some medium jumps and a few tight 180's. Will be running RM3 for the tranny. Tire of choice for most is the Gold Bar Code. I seen a few setups but unlike the Losi or Associated it seem like the guys running the Durango have some many setups but nothing that seems to be to be close on all setups other than ride height.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #11254
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
My brand new DEX210 showed up today. I will be running all the new STRC parts that Steve just came out with on the car. All aluminum on my new car will be the gun metal and will have the new graphite towers STRC makes as well.

This will be the buggy I run for the fall/winter indoor season. By reading over this thread some and seeing a few of them run it looks to be a nice car. Going to start building the car this weekend some and finish by the end of new weekend. Will get a few pics posted with the new STRC parts on the car.

Any good setups to start with for a med/to high bite indoor clay track with some medium jumps and a few tight 180's. Will be running RM3 for the tranny. Tire of choice for most is the Gold Bar Code. I seen a few setups but unlike the Losi or Associated it seem like the guys running the Durango have some many setups but nothing that seems to be to be close on all setups other than ride height.
yea i got them alloy top shock caps in gun metal but i cant put em on cuz im having a hard time popping out the d type little mount thingies in my stock top caps
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #11255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
yea i got them alloy top shock caps in gun metal but i cant put em on cuz im having a hard time popping out the d type little mount thingies in my stock top caps
They pop in one direction, look closely at the caps you can see one side is a bit larger.

Take a 2.5mm hex wrench put it on the wider side and they pop right out.

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #11256
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
Thanks for the info on the 0 degree inserts. About to order them.

How do you like the steering plate someone mentioned not liking them compared to the tresrey cf rack a few pages ago but never said why.

RDRP is quickly becoming a favorite of mines.

Durango. I just got a DEX210 with JConcepts hex's on them. So that works also.

Haha. You did the same thing I did
hi shagino. yea that was me that posted about switching back to the tresrey rack. i think i needed to play around with getting tie rods dead equal with r2 rack but i just couldnt seem to get it to the same amount of left and right turn radius. one side turned fine and the other was wide and i know what im doing w epa and the radio and what not, i needed extra time with it to play around that i just didnt have that day, therefore tresrey went back on. the other thing that got me nervous was the way it attaches to the bellcranks. its threaded on the rack so for a clean look i used i think an m3x8mm screw so it was flush with rack similar to rdrp pics. so that meant going from locknut to threadlock for secure attachment to bellcranks. i like a clean look and all but i also like not having them screws drop out on me on some random turn 2 months from now. hope that helps!
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #11257
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

WYD, Welcome to the clan!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango..._RCHR20120323/
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #11258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
hi shagino. yea that was me that posted about switching back to the tresrey rack. i think i needed to play around with getting tie rods dead equal with r2 rack but i just couldnt seem to get it to the same amount of left and right turn radius. one side turned fine and the other was wide and i know what im doing w epa and the radio and what not, i needed extra time with it to play around that i just didnt have that day, therefore tresrey went back on. the other thing that got me nervous was the way it attaches to the bellcranks. its threaded on the rack so for a clean look i used i think an m3x8mm screw so it was flush with rack similar to rdrp pics. so that meant going from locknut to threadlock for secure attachment to bellcranks. i like a clean look and all but i also like not having them screws drop out on me on some random turn 2 months from now. hope that helps!
Thanks. Good info here. I'd switch back too. Just thought the concept was cool.
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #11259
Tech Initiate

I have been running my buggy in the RM3 mode since I picked it up just about two months ago. I was making progress in my set ups on a weekly basis. I decided to try the MM4 mode to see how the buggy would run. I run on an indoor dirt track, it is 40 x 60, in size. I really like the MM4 mode. I have the stock chassis. I left my set up the same except that I shortened the wheel base. The buggy handled great. If you have any doubts about giving the MM4 a try, do not hesitate. Just my 2 cents.
Radiopost
PSL Motorsports
coltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #11260
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan View Post
I have been running my buggy in the RM3 mode since I picked it up just about two months ago. I was making progress in my set ups on a weekly basis. I decided to try the MM4 mode to see how the buggy would run. I run on an indoor dirt track, it is 40 x 60, in size. I really like the MM4 mode. I have the stock chassis. I left my set up the same except that I shortened the wheel base. The buggy handled great. If you have any doubts about giving the MM4 a try, do not hesitate. Just my 2 cents.
this man tells no lies
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #11261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I know that this is not entirely related to this thread bit this thread gets a lot more traffic then the stadium truck thread. So here goes.
I broke the chassis on my st tonight and I was wondering since they don't make a aluminum chassis foe the st if the dex210 stock aluminum chassis would fit on it. Does anyone k ow if they are the same placement? I'm also wondering if the dex chassis is shorter and by how much? Does anyone know the length of the 2? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #11262
Tech Apprentice

15k diff oil | 450cst Rear shock oil | 500cst front shock oil | +10 Tresrey Chassis | Novak KinetiC w/6.5 Motor | 81T-21T

Last edited by SCT4TEN; 06-01-2013 at 01:22 AM.
SCT4TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #11263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khador12 View Post
Yes, and they have stock track width
Are you guys have to shim the hex or it's a direct fit without modification?

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #11264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Are you guys have to shim the hex or it's a direct fit without modification?
I use the proline hex and no shimming direct fit. Also a little bit wider rear wont hurt it will actually add some steering. I also run modified rb6 front hexes.
2SlowTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #11265
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-1370092488955.jpg  
2SlowTC is offline   Reply With Quote