R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #10876
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,959
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Functional View Post
I ran MM4 on slick-mid grip clay and just switched to RM4. MM4 I had a decent setup and positioned best ae 3rd or 4th in 17.5 class. I lost a lot of responsiveness getting enough traction to the rear though, it kept unloading too quickly and required keeping on the gas through turns. Not to say some workup on suspension wouldnt have helped but I figured Id try rear motor before I went crazy to see the difference.

balance is amazing though, even when it breaks free it was very easy to control, just lost time when it did.
Thanks for the information. When you say "unloading" do you mean breaking traction? The rear became loose? What chassis? Thanks again....
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) The original
Xray Xb2 CE

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #10877
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 17
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

When I was letting off the rear end was uncompressing too quickly throwing weight forward. Probably could have been taken care of with thicker oil or lighter spring in the rear. So in short yes the rear would become loose.

Stock chassis. 1* negative camber on the rear, full forward on the ackerman, no spacers on the inner rear turn buckle, 3rd hole towards the inside on the rear hubs for turn buckle, 35 weight oil in front shocks, 40 in rear, rear hubs shimmed all the way to the front or back(cant remember which), 1.5 toe plate, all other inserts I belive were the middle adjustment one. I can probably fill out a sheet and email it to you if youd like.

EDIT: rear shocks were all the out on the arms and mid hole in the tower. everything else was setup from the book.
Functional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #10878
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,959
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Functional View Post
When I was letting off the rear end was uncompressing too quickly throwing weight forward. Probably could have been taken care of with thicker oil or lighter spring in the rear. So in short yes the rear would become loose.

Stock chassis. 1* negative camber on the rear, full forward on the ackerman, no spacers on the inner rear turn buckle, 3rd hole towards the inside on the rear hubs for turn buckle, 35 weight oil in front shocks, 40 in rear, rear hubs shimmed all the way to the front or back(cant remember which), 1.5 toe plate, all other inserts I belive were the middle adjustment one. I can probably fill out a sheet and email it to you if youd like.

EDIT: rear shocks were all the out on the arms and mid hole in the tower. everything else was setup from the book.
Na you don't have to send anything was just wondering. I know with the longer chassis it tames it down, and I feel the +10 with MM4 might be good for me. I don't care for 2wd much and I use alot of breaks coming from 4wd, and can't seem to keep the rear in line when breaking and cornering. If I'm dead straight it's fine but the slightest angle it's gone. Thanks for the advice....
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) The original
Xray Xb2 CE

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #10879
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,959
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Well, got around to mounting my +10 up last night. Wanted to do something different since it was all apart. So I decide to try MM4 configuration. My local indoor track(s) being pretty decent bite I opted to try this. Also with the improvement of stability from the aluminum +8, I thought the +10 would be only better! Same setup, basically but mounted the shocks on the rear of the arms and dropped in a 9.5 instead of the 10.5. Will report back Weds. as that will be the first time I get to try it on the track. First experience (don't laugh) in the driveway was pretty good. Balance felt great and didn't have that pendulum effect when hitting the brakes. On another note all chassis have been shipped and people should be receiving theirs shortly........


EDIT: The chassis has more flex in MM than in RM because that huge side pod brace is not used. This was the first thing I noticed on the bench. Also on all extended chassis that run spacers. Without the key that locks the side pods to the front section, enables the car to flex more as well. I tend to lock down these four button head screws and then backoff a half turn or so to help induce this. That alone should help with rear traction.
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-10mm4.jpg  
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) The original
Xray Xb2 CE

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #10880
Tech Regular
 
FL_SilverEvo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FL_SilverEvo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Hey guys chassis just came back from hard coating. I believe I PM'd everyone that had a deposit. If I missed you please pm me again. I will start shipping out after remaining balance is paid. Thanks again for your patience. I included some pics. The last two are of my +10 with the +8 body. Just elongated the body post holes a bit.
When you say hard coating you mean powder coating right?
Do you have any of them chassis non-hard coated/ powder coated? If so how much?
__________________
Off-Road - Durango:DEX210R(2wd Buggy), DESC210R(2wd SCT), DESC410R(4wd SCT)
On-Road - CRC: Gen-X 10 LE(WGT), X-Ray:T3 2011(VTA), X-Ray:T2 009(USGT) TRF 101(F-1), AE: RC10R5.1(Spec17.5)
Jeff's RC Studio Video>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZ8-TV8Fs8&feature=share
FL_SilverEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #10881
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8 View Post
When you say hard coating you mean powder coating right?
Do you have any of them chassis non-hard coated/ powder coated? If so how much?
No it's not the same..and I quote:
Hard coat what is it? Developed more than forty years ago, hard coat is an electrochemical process that involves placing an aluminum part into an electrolytic bath and applying electrical current through the bath. This process forms an oxide coating (sapphire-hard) on the aluminum part. The oxide coating is built up by a process of anodic oxidation in a cooled acid electrolyte, thus preventing any thermal or physical distortion of precision-engineered components. This oxide coating can be harder than case hardened steel and provide excellent abrasion resistance; it is protective to the aluminum part and can be very durable.
The thickness of the hard coated piece is very closely controlled and is applied to a wide variety of parts to suit applications from many industries. Secondary treatments such as impregnation with solid film lubricants and colored dyes are available.
Power coating is paint..basically. It's thicker and does not protect as well as "hard coating" (anodizing).
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #10882
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,959
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8 View Post
When you say hard coating you mean powder coating right?
Do you have any of them chassis non-hard coated/ powder coated? If so how much?
No raw chassis, just 2 +8 HC left. What he said \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
No it's not the same..and I quote:
Hard coat what is it? Developed more than forty years ago, hard coat is an electrochemical process that involves placing an aluminum part into an electrolytic bath and applying electrical current through the bath. This process forms an oxide coating (sapphire-hard) on the aluminum part. The oxide coating is built up by a process of anodic oxidation in a cooled acid electrolyte, thus preventing any thermal or physical distortion of precision-engineered components. This oxide coating can be harder than case hardened steel and provide excellent abrasion resistance; it is protective to the aluminum part and can be very durable.
The thickness of the hard coated piece is very closely controlled and is applied to a wide variety of parts to suit applications from many industries. Secondary treatments such as impregnation with solid film lubricants and colored dyes are available.
Power coating is paint..basically. It's thicker and does not protect as well as "hard coating" (anodizing).
Thanks....
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) The original
Xray Xb2 CE

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #10883
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

It's the least I could do..your doing the DEX210 community an awsoume service by providing a nice reasonably priced chassis..thanks..I will be buying one soon..I just bought a new bike and all my $$ went to a down payment..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #10884
Tech Regular
 
bagged69chevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Visalia CA
Posts: 420
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

A bike? I hope you mean a motor cycle and not a bicycle. You, bigb, and Carlton can go down to the skate park and ride bikes together
__________________
Nick George

www.localrcracing.com
bagged69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #10885
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged69chevy View Post
A bike? I hope you mean a motor cycle and not a bicycle. You, bigb, and Carlton can go down to the skate park and ride bikes together
Yeah..super glide..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #10886
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

what email adress do I need from hobbico when I need customerservice ?
__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #10887
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged69chevy View Post
A bike? I hope you mean a motor cycle and not a bicycle. You, bigb, and Carlton can go down to the skate park and ride bikes together
The old man is riding on a Harley!!! Lol
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #10888
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,453
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Functional View Post
I ran MM4 on slick-mid grip clay and just switched to RM4. MM4 I had a decent setup and positioned best ae 3rd or 4th in 17.5 class. I lost a lot of responsiveness getting enough traction to the rear though, it kept unloading too quickly and required keeping on the gas through turns. Not to say some workup on suspension wouldnt have helped but I figured Id try rear motor before I went crazy to see the difference.

balance is amazing though, even when it breaks free it was very easy to control, just lost time when it did.
My 210 RM4 +10 is the best it has ever been.
__________________
Serpent USA www.serpentamerica.com, King Max Servos, Gens Ace, MIP, www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #10889
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Im using the +8 dimec with Bmans braces on astro with the shocks on the rear and loving it!!
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #10890
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

So you guys setup is rear motor with 4 gears?
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 Yesterday 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
coaltrain, EbbTide
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net