R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #10531
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What did you have to do to get that done?

Just a arm and shock swap?
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #10532
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
We have some dry clay tracks up this way. I left the same setup on my car from my last time out. My car had plenty of steering but the rear end would step out on power. Just looking for a change and saw Jorns car had this on at EOS... And also noticed this trend throughout the industry for MM, I'll see what it does for RM

i had the same problem with rear traction. i moved my shorty up against my esc, as i was similar esc/battery setup as you have. pushing back against esc helped immensely, and it might help you out as well.
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #10533
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
What did you have to do to get that done?

Just a arm and shock swap?
Yep, flipped the arms and just moved the shocks back. Only effect is slipper adjustment is tight and the wing needs a cutout.
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #10534
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

but how is it with the standard 3 degree toe in.
when you flip the arms from left to right? how is it with that 3 degree toe in?
those arms are not at an 90 degree angle from the chassis I asume.

when flipped from left to right do you stil maintain the 3 degree toe in?

im really intrested, cause you cant find a track with lower grip than mine
__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #10535
Tech Elite
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,185
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

the hing pins are paralel so flipping the arms won't affect anything geometry wise.

Hmmmm, I have 1 regular +8mm chassis and everyone on the vip list has theres, I'll have to go to the top of the waiting list unless someone offers me lots of money I asked the machinist to make as many as quickly as I can, once I have a few to sell I'll post up here. Due to the way I'll be doing the shipping, I'll probably have a order minimum of 2 as I haven't found a god size box yet. Once I get them I will have a price and let the people first inline know and give 48 hours to send paypal before going to the next person in line.
__________________
Official distributor of Dan-O-Mite Custom Parts- Durango 210 RF pivot blocks
Andrew Butters' Burghgraef
Team Durango Canada
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #10536
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
the hing pins are paralel so flipping the arms won't affect anything geometry wise.

Hmmmm, I have 1 regular +8mm chassis and everyone on the vip list has theres, I'll have to go to the top of the waiting list unless someone offers me lots of money I asked the machinist to make as many as quickly as I can, once I have a few to sell I'll post up here. Due to the way I'll be doing the shipping, I'll probably have a order minimum of 2 as I haven't found a god size box yet. Once I get them I will have a price and let the people first inline know and give 48 hours to send paypal before going to the next person in line.
how much is a lot of money. i want one.
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #10537
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

DEX210 1. and 2. on the podium in the Euro Offroad Series, round 3 !
__________________
My collection :
Durango DEX410/210, DEST410
Tamiya AVANTE, PORSCHE 934 1/10, DF03, TB EVO V, TB02, TRF414, TA04R, TRF501X, TRF511, TRF201, TT01210wb, TXT-1, TLT-1, CLOD BUSTER, TOP FORCE, MAZDA 787, RM-01 +++
KYOSHO INFERNO GT2, ST-RR VE, TURBO OPTIMA, OPTIMA MID LWB, ULTIMA +++
ridgeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #10538
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
but how is it with the standard 3 degree toe in.
when you flip the arms from left to right? how is it with that 3 degree toe in?
those arms are not at an 90 degree angle from the chassis I asume.

when flipped from left to right do you stil maintain the 3 degree toe in?

im really intrested, cause you cant find a track with lower grip than mine
The hinge pins are paralleled, the 3 degrees are built into the hinge pin blocks.The DEX210 can adjust both inboard and outboard toe via new blocks and kit inserts.
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #10539
Tech Adept
 
GregerL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Yep, flipped the arms and just moved the shocks back. Only effect is slipper adjustment is tight and the wing needs a cutout.
How does this work out with the use of the droop screw?
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #10540
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Good evening G... might have to add internal limiters
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #10541
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregerL View Post
How does this work out with the use of the droop screw?
I would use limiters in the shock. Especially with the plastic chassis.
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #10542
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
Posts: 760
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

FYI for anyone looking for an 8-Racing carbon fiber chassis. I bought one direct from 8-racing for $90 shipped. I will take a bit to get here from Germany but it beats paying $140 plus shipping from the importers.
__________________
DEX210 | DESC210 | TC6.1WC | B5m
Eclipse Hobbies & Raceway Bradley, IL | Sticky Kicks |
Bodies by P.C.R. Problem Child Racing|
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #10543
Tech Master
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Are the B4 turnbuckles a direct fit using AE balls and cups?
__________________
Team Durango | TrakPower | DE Racing | Futaba | Restricted Paint Worx

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #10544
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 508
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
FYI for anyone looking for an 8-Racing carbon fiber chassis. I bought one direct from 8-racing for $90 shipped. I will take a bit to get here from Germany but it beats paying $140 plus shipping from the importers.
Do you read german?
jzwolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #10545
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
Are the B4 turnbuckles a direct fit using AE balls and cups?
Ae balls and cups that are the same size and as long as the studs are 3m and the right length why not , the turnbuckles are around different sizes so it may be cheaper to buy the same sizes I have losi 50mm titanium with lungford cups and losi studs all 4.8 mm balls I don't see any if maybe one or two threads so they could be maybe 45-48 mm for a betters length but the cups and balls r your choice
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16570 09-23-2017 03:48 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net