Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Guys taking orders for another batch of plates. Just thought I would share a couple photos. New revised front plate with kickup and the orginal plate that started it all after about two months of running. Pm me for more details, Thanks to everyone who purchased them so far!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-f2.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-r2.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

does anyone know of other rango chassis lengths and im not positive but wast one of them +11 of the kit dex210 chassis and if so why has no one wanting to test longer chassis using them vs kit and +8 , that would show the more noticeable changes as long as it follows roar
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Guys taking orders for another batch of plates. Just thought I would share a couple photos. New revised front plate with kickup and the orginal plate that started it all after about two months of running. Pm me for more details, Thanks to everyone who purchased them so far!
how thick is your material and how much does it weight per front rear and cost pm me if you would rather i made an attempt at making my own and the templates look way different than yours
Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys last night at the track i ended up taking first place with my durango the second time ever out on the track! but in the last lap there was like maybe 30 seconds left and i was 3 laps ahead and my buggy decides to crap out in a wierd way! the front axle fell off completely, and the rear hubs both of them the studs pulled all the way out! o and to top it all off the front top deck bushing fell out? so basically i need to do a better job in the pits i guess idk, but what other hubs maybe from other brands or from the dex310 maybe will fit the dex210? also is the top deck bushing worth replacing with the treserey one? thanks guys
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc10pc
hey guys last night at the track i ended up taking first place with my durango the second time ever out on the track! but in the last lap there was like maybe 30 seconds left and i was 3 laps ahead and my buggy decides to crap out in a wierd way! the front axle fell off completely, and the rear hubs both of them the studs pulled all the way out! o and to top it all off the front top deck bushing fell out? so basically i need to do a better job in the pits i guess idk, but what other hubs maybe from other brands or from the dex310 maybe will fit the dex210? also is the top deck bushing worth replacing with the treserey one? thanks guys
Rear hubs don't typically break, I'm running the dex and desc 210's w/o issues for a season+ now. Sounds like you may just need to get the screws in at the right tightness and use thread locker where screws hit metal.

PS the alum hubs from exotek I'd suspect would work if you really wanted them

I'd recommend the exotek front bulkhead and aluminum hinge pin braces, and even their front chassis weight. Great products, great prices iMO.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Rear hubs don't typically break, I'm running the dex and desc 210's w/o issues for a season+ now. Sounds like you may just need to get the screws in at the right tightness and use thread locker where screws hit metal.

PS the alum hubs from exotek I'd suspect would work if you really wanted them

I'd recommend the exotek front bulkhead and aluminum hinge pin braces, and even their front chassis weight. Great products, great prices iMO.

+1

The only thing I have broke on my buggy is a front axle and that was my fault. I was full throttle down the back straight into the sweeper and clipped the tube with my wheels turned and it sheared the front axle off. I was shocked the axle broke and no plastic broke. I for sure thought I broke the C hub when it hit but just the axle.

By far the most durable buggy I have ever had. I have the Tresrey bushings and my opinion is it's more bling that function.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Use one of the long ball studs in the rear hub and put a nut on the back side of it (happened to me before).

Front Axle you need to put lock tight on the screw that goes through the knuckle to the metal piece

Upper Deck, Use a longer screw and put a nut on the inside next to the servo.

Images below
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-deck.png   Durango DEX210 Thread-hub.png   Durango DEX210 Thread-rearhub.png  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TD, Tresrey and Exotek make rear hubs for the DEX210 http://durangofansite.com/DEX210afte...t.html#rearhub
Old 03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by P6
does anyone know of other rango chassis lengths and im not positive but wast one of them +11 of the kit dex210 chassis and if so why has no one wanting to test longer chassis using them vs kit and +8 , that would show the more noticeable changes as long as it follows roar
The original kit chassis is "standard"
The Rtr chassis is +8 dimec
The option +8 dimec20
New body molded for +8 molded chassis
8 racing +8 carbon chassis
RcJunky +8 aluminun chassis LW & standard intended for the original kit car
Tresrey +10 CNC chassis for standard kit car
Revolution Design +11 chassis ( aka Unicorn)...

I have personally tried all but the Revolution Designs chassis. They all provide some differences.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ekt
TD, Tresrey and Exotek make rear hubs for the DEX210 http://durangofansite.com/DEX210afte...t.html#rearhub
Dont forget the Tresrey hub, also creates rear traction by changing the position of the cv joint..
Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Hey guys did some tuning at the track with the 210. Tried shorty and full size packs, think I found a good setup. Question being I run the ball diff and the +8 dimec 20 chassis. Does anyone else find that this car is sensitive to brakes? I turned my brake epa way down even loosened the slipper. But as soon as I tap the brakes the car comes right around. I could move the upper rear shock out or add less squat but I think that will mess everything else up. Car drives good but if I push it this is what happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

ok i was thinking about using the nut on the backside of both. also what length ball stud do i need for the hub then that is long enough for a nut?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok i was thinking about using the nut on the backside of both. also what length ball stud do i need for the hub then that is long enough for a nut?
You want the 10mm ones #TD330347
Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

ok cool i will try that out then thank you
Old 03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All the other stock ones are longer and work. I used the ones on the steering knuckle since the shorter ones from the hub still reach the nut in the knuckle on the lower side of it.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-knuckle.png  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.