Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bingerfang
petite rc hooked me up with some setup sheets for the tekin rs pro for the boost and timing and all those goodies so hopefully i can try that and keep checking the motor temps and go from there. the car still pushes underpower more power= more push for my setup ahaha
Dude, you ask for help, we take the time to help, and then you go over to the 4.2 forum and trash the 210. Good luck to you. Im sure they will be happy to listen to you over there. Cant wait to see what kind of issues you will have with the 4.2.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
You're lucky I guess....
Check your layshaft bearings..
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11851905

Some hop ups I never installed for sale if anyone's looking for some tresrey stuff

Last edited by thedoc329; 02-23-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i chewed up my first 81 spur my fault, ive been using RW since, got the 75 in no problems looks new never ran without the gear cover and indoor damp clay so no dust with a 10.5t might go to a 78t since my motor is about 1mm from full forward
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Dude, you ask for help, we take the time to help, and then you go over to the 4.2 forum and trash the 210. Good luck to you. Im sure they will be happy to listen to you over there. Cant wait to see what kind of issues you will have with the 4.2.
I tried almost everything you guys have told me and it still pushes. Asked a sponsored driver out at the track and he told me what to do, tried that, still pushes hard. Had bad luck with the car so far man and there is plenty of AE guys out at the track to help on setup all the time. Didn't come to the durango forum rattling any cages, just came for help, which I received and thank you guys and ill leave it at that.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
i chewed up my first 81 spur my fault, ive been using RW since, got the 75 in no problems looks new never ran without the gear cover and indoor damp clay so no dust with a 10.5t might go to a 78t since my motor is about 1mm from full forward
I'm sorry to say... but this is one of the hardest sentences I've ever had to read.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I tried almost everything you guys have told me and it still pushes. Asked a sponsored driver out at the track and he told me what to do, tried that, still pushes hard. Had bad luck with the car so far man and there is plenty of AE guys out at the track to help on setup all the time. Didn't come to the durango forum rattling any cages, just came for help, which I received and thank you guys and ill leave it at that.

It's a 2wd buggy its gonna push ..

the durango has the least push outta all the 2wd buggies out ....expect maybe the Losi..

good luck with your A.E. buggy you better get use to a lot of brake to make it turn...
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Brand new to racing and then says the Durango "effin sucks".
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
Brand new to racing and then says the Durango "effin sucks".
I tried several brands until I found something that worked for me. I really loved the 22 but I could not get it dialed, I liked the B4.1 worlds, but I could not get used to the feel. Each car has it's pluses and minuses. The 210 was just right...

I was surprised how I could drive one brand so much better than another. He just has to find whats right for him.

But I would rather take the high road instead of bash another brand.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, newbie here. I did not look through all the threads, but can someone help me with some pointers on setting ride height, shock lengths, and droop screws. It seems my ride height is too high. Where do most people measure ride height? I assume shock length will affect ride height. Droop screws, are they necessary, or how do I set my suspension with them? It seems with my current rear droop, the cvd's are at the very edge of the diff outdrives, which makes me a little nervous. Oh, running a med/high bite, smooth track.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

petite rc hooked me up with some setup sheets for the tekin rs pro for the boost and timing and all those goodies so hopefully i can try that and keep checking the motor temps and go from there. the car still pushes underpower more power= more push for my setup ahaha
How this made me laugh pretty damn hard. 2wd buggies as mentioned, will always have a tendency to push when applying excessive throttle through a corner.

You said you tried moving battery all the way forward but then got to much steering causing the back end to wash out
I would suggest start with batt all the way forward then move it back in 5mm increments until you have desired turning and rear traction,
Shorty Packs are a must with this car recommend using one if you aren't already.

Also what kick up are you running, More Kickup = more rear grip through corners, Most run 3 degree's.

Some other options you can try, but only do one at a time.
- stiffer rear or softer front springs.
- put the 2 washer on the front hubs on bottom (I have this)
- adjust trailing to be more inline (i am running 0/4 inline)
- raise front inner camber link (2mm under ball stud what I use)
- add 15 grams of weight up front (I got come fishing weights i packed into the front top deck, there is a hollow portion on the bottom where you can stick them
- move shocks on towers out
- decrease rear toe in
- adjust camber (I run 2 degree all around) If you have a lot of high speed corner you will want more camber because of body role will be greater, If you have more slow speed corners then go less.

Also what type of surface are you running on didn't catch that.

Last edited by nolimit208; 02-23-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by microracer25
Hi guys, newbie here. I did not look through all the threads, but can someone help me with some pointers on setting ride height, shock lengths, and droop screws. It seems my ride height is too high. Where do most people measure ride height? I assume shock length will affect ride height. Droop screws, are they necessary, or how do I set my suspension with them? It seems with my current rear droop, the cvd's are at the very edge of the diff outdrives, which makes me a little nervous. Oh, running a med/high bite, smooth track.
I run 21-23 ride height. For measuring: Front, just before the kickup(bend) on chassis, rear usually somewhere around the rear swing arms, usually below the hinge pin holder on the rear.
I run max droop. (I cut a little bit of the chassis off on the rear to gain more droop there. On the front I believe I have 2mm of limiters inside the shock, you put these under the piston
Old 02-23-2013, 03:07 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewashburnaf
I'm sorry to say... but this is one of the hardest sentences I've ever had to read.
https://www.hookedonphonics.com/ no one says you have to read it just look at it and skip it if you don't like it
Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P6
https://www.hookedonphonics.com/ no one says you have to read it just look at it and skip it if you don't like it
HAHAHA!! I like your style sir!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Just posting a pic..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.