R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #10231
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Hey guys just getting back into 2wd. This is my second go round with the 210. I had the O.E. short aluminum chassis when it first came out, now I have the +8 plastic chassis. What is the norm for lipos? Long or short and where is everyone placing them. Front or back. If you could show me some pics of your setup it would be greatly appreciated. Also I am going to run a 10.5 in it. Stock spur and 25-26 pinion? Does that sound right? Thanks for any info....
Be careful on the +8 chassis, read up on this thread because they do break very easy..on the gearing I'm running the stock spur and a 24 pinion, this is with a 13.5 no boost..the track is small but I still wouldn't run anything over a 26 with a 13.5 on a big track. But just keep tabs on your motor temps and you'll be fine..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #10232
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

any ideas where to start with gearing for a 10.5? ive been running 13.5

thanks
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #10233
Tech Regular
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Be careful on the +8 chassis, read up on this thread because they do break very easy..on the gearing I'm running the stock spur and a 24 pinion, this is with a 13.5 no boost..the track is small but I still wouldn't run anything over a 26 with a 13.5 on a big track. But just keep tabs on your motor temps and you'll be fine..
he will be ok with the chassis seeing he makes skids for the front and rear of the car
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #10234
Tech Master
 
rsxskyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,046
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Hey whats up guys, finally getting my first durango, will be getting the dex210 obviously. Im a AE guy and will always be, but, I have decided its time to just try different brands and see how I like it. I originally plan on getting the b4.2 buggy, but decided to hold off and give the dex210 a shot first, I already have the b4.1 worlds and i love it.

I will be running a 9.5 motor with tekin rs in it, wondering what you guys suggest for a starting point in gearing on med - high bite clay. This is a whole new brand so i will have to learn how to tune this thing. If anyone has suggestions that may make a huge difference even something small, let me know. All help is appreciated!! Thank you guys!
rsxskyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #10235
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
any ideas where to start with gearing for a 10.5? ive been running 13.5

thanks
im using a novak 10.5t no boost 35* mechanical timing only geared 28/75 temp 135* at the most, thats 6.96 fdr i can go up and down from their at least two teeth without having to worry about temps http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango..._GearChart.pdf
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #10236
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Welcome back. ..
Thanks buddy, good luck at Motorama

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
he will be ok with the chassis seeing he makes skids for the front and rear of the car
Funny as the car I bought from a buddy has the original rear plate still on it..... sentimental values I tell you!
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) The original
Xray Xb2 CE

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #10237
Tech Regular
 
FL_SilverEvo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FL_SilverEvo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane4928 View Post
What pinon would you start off with for a 17.5 blinky setup running a 81 spur. DEX 210, Speed passion comp v3mmm?

Thanks!!
I think the biggest pinion gear you can run on a 81 spur gear would prob be a 24t. Anything else higher would over heat the motor. That is the gearing I have in mine. And I run 17.5 blinky also. Still hunting for a better set up for my car.
__________________
Off-Road - Durango:DEX210R(2wd Buggy), DESC210R(2wd SCT), DESC410R(4wd SCT)
On-Road - CRC: Gen-X 10 LE(WGT), X-Ray:T3 2011(VTA), X-Ray:T2 009(USGT) TRF 101(F-1), AE: RC10R5.1(Spec17.5)
Jeff's RC Studio Video>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZ8-TV8Fs8&feature=share
FL_SilverEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #10238
Tech Regular
 
Radi0Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8 View Post
I think the biggest pinion gear you can run on a 81 spur gear would prob be a 24t.
24 is the biggest you can run with an 87.


Sean
__________________
I'll drive it til the wheels fall off and burn
Radi0Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #10239
Tech Regular
 
FL_SilverEvo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FL_SilverEvo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajj View Post
Not sure if it would fit but a 35 tooth pinion for a FDR around 6. I run 69/34 for a FDR around 5.3 with a SP MMM with 15 timing on the can.
Your 69 spur and 34 pinion is that good for a small track or a large track? Could someone shine some light on gearing? How big should the spur gear and why and the same for the pinion gear? I know for the Pinion gear if you go bigger you get more Top speed but lose torque and if you go smaller pinion you get torque but lose top speed. But how do you match it with the spur gear? What is best?
__________________
Off-Road - Durango:DEX210R(2wd Buggy), DESC210R(2wd SCT), DESC410R(4wd SCT)
On-Road - CRC: Gen-X 10 LE(WGT), X-Ray:T3 2011(VTA), X-Ray:T2 009(USGT) TRF 101(F-1), AE: RC10R5.1(Spec17.5)
Jeff's RC Studio Video>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZ8-TV8Fs8&feature=share
FL_SilverEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #10240
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,499
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Thanks buddy, good luck at Motorama



Funny as the car I bought from a buddy has the original rear plate still on it..... sentimental values I tell you!
Thanks...

Was it Proctor's car?
__________________
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #10241
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,122
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8 View Post
Your 69 spur and 34 pinion is that good for a small track or a large track? Could someone shine some light on gearing? How big should the spur gear and why and the same for the pinion gear? I know for the Pinion gear if you go bigger you get more Top speed but lose torque and if you go smaller pinion you get torque but lose top speed. But how do you match it with the spur gear? What is best?
69/34 works pretty good for me with a 17.5 on a small to medium sized track. I have been using a 69 spur for a while. Also used it with a 13.5 running 69/32.

With the weather being cooler here in AZ I have yet to get the motor or ESC above 105 degrees running 69/34. For a larger track I would probably try 69/35. From the looks of it, I don't think you can get anything bigger than a 35 pinion in the 210 rear motor RM3.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #10242
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Thanks...

Was it Proctor's car?
Yes, just put a brand spanking new front skid plate on also. Man is it pretty....why don't you give me some setup tips. Long pack or shorty??? Thanks
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) The original
Xray Xb2 CE

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #10243
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 161
Send a message via Yahoo to nitro-rob Send a message via Skype™ to nitro-rob
Default

It seems to me that the complaints have shifted from ball cups popping off to C-hubs breaking over the past 50 pages or so. 8ght-E is right, dont' hit the wall. All of my hubs broke after just grazing a wall but never during huge crashes.

I am excited to get my dimec +8 soon (St. Louis RC has them in stock now). If its weak so be it, I'm used to being careful with the C-hubs. I want to wake this truck up a bit and am eager to try a flexible chassis. I don't know if the +8 is worthwhile considering I am dealing with a short track (13s laps).
nitro-rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #10244
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro-rob View Post
It seems to me that the complaints have shifted from ball cups popping off to C-hubs breaking over the past 50 pages or so. 8ght-E is right, dont' hit the wall. All of my hubs broke after just grazing a wall but never during huge crashes.

I am excited to get my dimec +8 soon (St. Louis RC has them in stock now). If its weak so be it, I'm used to being careful with the C-hubs. I want to wake this truck up a bit and am eager to try a flexible chassis. I don't know if the +8 is worthwhile considering I am dealing with a short track (13s laps).
You'll be suprised at how well the +8 chassis works on small tracks.im a real careful driver & I don't crash much and my +8 did break from a small hit..so good luck..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #10245
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6 View Post
im using a novak 10.5t no boost 35* mechanical timing only geared 28/75 temp 135* at the most, thats 6.96 fdr i can go up and down from their at least two teeth without having to worry about temps http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango..._GearChart.pdf
thanks!
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16570 09-23-2017 03:48 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net