R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #10051
Tech Addict
 
invrtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 739
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Yet another dimec20 plus 8 chassis cracked. I am so glad I had ordered the 8 racing plus 8 carbon chassis already. Now, I have a reason to put it on my chassis. Was so excited I got 2nd in our second qualifier and than cracked the chassis on the 2nd lap of the A main. Love my durango though. Just wish they made the plus 8 in aluminum instead of the plastic. I hope I never break the new carbon one.
__________________
SWEEP RACING-----M2C-----TKO BEARINGS-----RW MODS----BELLGATE DISTRIBUTORS
HB D815/E817/D817T/D413
TLR 22T 2.0
invrtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #10052
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 413
Default

Ho there. You crashed so hard?

We had 2 days long a race on a hard carpet track.
It was not good gor the material but my dimec20 chassis was good.
mihaelbencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #10053
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 413
Default

Hi there. You crashed so hard?

We had 2 days long a race on a hard carpet track.
It was not good for the material but my dimec20 chassis was good.

Last edited by mihaelbencek; 02-03-2013 at 03:05 AM.
mihaelbencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #10054
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kalamazoo,MI
Posts: 1,824
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

The draw on the plus 8 is the rear traction added due to chassis flex. Anyone out there with the aluminum +8 care to share real track results, with same as performance to the dimec20?
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #10055
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,647
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Just got this buggy. I've been reading about rear shock towers breaking in the DESC210 thread.

If you shim the rear towers with the 1-1.5mm shims, do the stock ball cups still fit with no binding? It looks like there isn't much space there. Would I need to get something like the tresrey rear camber rack to shim?
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #10056
Tech Master
 
dgdcustoms's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfiled, NE
Posts: 1,760
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default

sold them
__________________
Schumacher-Team Tekin-Fantom Racing-Futaba-Savox
Emery's Kustom Painting
DiscountRCStore.com-for everything Schumacher!!

Last edited by dgdcustoms; 02-03-2013 at 09:07 AM.
dgdcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #10057
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagino View Post
Just got this buggy. I've been reading about rear shock towers breaking in the DESC210 thread.

If you shim the rear towers with the 1-1.5mm shims, do the stock ball cups still fit with no binding? It looks like there isn't much space there. Would I need to get something like the tresrey rear camber rack to shim?
I was told that using shims behind the tower doesn't really help it takes the tower away from the motor mount I think it was but it still snaps my buggy is the 2009 version and my front tower is still holding up but I have cf rear no problems
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #10058
Tech Elite
 
the big rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: portland
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Someone told me about a person on here selling a stainless steel rear skid plate for the dimec plus 8. I have tried searching, but no luck I think his name on here is Bmans 3nxt or something like that. Can't find the name in the search.
the big rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #10059
Tech Regular
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default post 9913

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big rc View Post
Someone told me about a person on here selling a stainless steel rear skid plate for the dimec plus 8. I have tried searching, but no luck I think his name on here is Bmans 3nxt or something like that. Can't find the name in the search.

Kevin,
look at post 9913 shows pic
page 661 of this thread :}
__________________
521DESIGNS PAINT

R.I.P TQ Speedway Boise
majorsmx521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #10060
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

tbone racing sells rear skids and they have been around for a while and im thinking if you buy a front bumper and flip it around and heat it to match the kick up of the chassis and trim it a little it would work tbones plastic can be molded easily with heat thats a plastic option (edit) im not sure if flexible plastic works or if stiffer aluminum would be preferred because the problem is the chassis cracks so im not sure something that may flex more would be okay but it would thicken the area

Last edited by P6; 02-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #10061
Tech Elite
 
the big rc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: portland
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsmx521 View Post
Kevin,
look at post 9913 shows pic
page 661 of this thread :}
Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. You gonna make it up to TGH saturday?
the big rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #10062
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6 View Post
tbone racing sells rear skids and they have been around for a while and im thinking if you buy a front bumper and flip it around and heat it to match the kick up of the chassis and trim it a little it would work tbones plastic can be molded easily with heat thats a plastic option (edit) im not sure if flexible plastic works or if stiffer aluminum would be preferred because the problem is the chassis cracks so im not sure something that may flex more would be okay but it would thicken the area

tbone full rear bumper works for rear motor skid plate. the little skid plate they sell only works for mid motor - the holes dont line up for rear motor. so cutting down the full rear bumper works (the one that protects the motor) works best for a compact skid plate.
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #10063
Tech Regular
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
tbone full rear bumper works for rear motor skid plate. the little skid plate they sell only works for mid motor - the holes dont line up for rear motor. so cutting down the full rear bumper works (the one that protects the motor) works best for a compact skid plate.
Here is link for part explained above

http://t-bone-racing.net/B211-TBR-DL...X210-p779.html
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #10064
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Default Rear swaybar for DEX210

Hi.

I need a rear swaybar for my DEX210 - does anyone know which one
will fit??

Thanks

René
Denmark
mr. Jepsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #10065
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default MidMotor configurations..

double post
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK

Last edited by OSherman; 02-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16562 Yesterday 05:07 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net