R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes

Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #10006

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I strongly feel the Punch it, HiRev Hobbies, Prograde issue needs to be looked at! however this isn't the place to do it. I'll ask that someone involved with this issue create a thread in the chat lounge. Zipperfoot, I've read your original post and to be honest that information is public record and easily found. I don't have an issue with it being posted in the chat lounge. If in fact Prograde is NOT affiliated with Punch It in anyway they sadly need to prove such.

Punch it/HiRev Hobbies have had so many issues on this site it's not even funny.

Again further discussion should be done but not here.
Thanks for the support

So my original statement stands, Please do not post in this thread any further discussion on this topic.

Racer1812 is definitely one of the best mods here, and is very helpful and thorough in keeping this site safe and friendly. If there is a connection, he will find it and take the appropriate measures, of that I have no doubt!
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
badaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #10007
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevmaro View Post
I am always cautious when ordering on the internet as well. If it is a site I have not heard of I usually search and try to find a good review. However,

Tony Newland owns that store. He is an honest guy and local racer here in UT. You can look around in the Schumacher threads and see a lot of people will vouch for his store as well. He just setup the store not long ago maybe why he doesn't have contact information listed.
yea my bad on that one, was being way too cautious in light of recent events. someone pointed out already that its a solid website and I apologized for lack of proper diligence on my part a few posts up.
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #10008
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
Whats the size of the front axle screws? Picked up the lunsford titanium wheel screws which are M3x7 and they dont thread into the stock aluminum axles.
those stock axles are m3 im pretty sure. i use tresrey for different bearing size option, but it takes the same m3x8 screws.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #10009
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I strongly feel the Punch it, HiRev Hobbies, Prograde issue needs to be looked at! however this isn't the place to do it. I'll ask that someone involved with this issue create a thread in the chat lounge. Zipperfoot, I've read your original post and to be honest that information is public record and easily found. I don't have an issue with it being posted in the chat lounge. If in fact Prograde is NOT affiliated with Punch It in anyway they sadly need to prove such.

Punch it/HiRev Hobbies have had so many issues on this site it's not even funny.

Again further discussion should be done but not here.
i am not trying to be argumentative in any fashion when i say this but when someone directly or indirectly pushes their wares in this thread that directly trigger people here to purchase and we discover they are a potentially dubious character, why shouldn't it be discussed here? If it isn't then more people could get potentially duped. After all, arent we all just trying to help each other out in some capacity?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #10010

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng View Post
i am not trying to be argumentative in any fashion when i say this but when someone directly or indirectly pushes their wares in this thread that directly trigger people here to purchase and we discover they are a potentially dubious character, why shouldn't it be discussed here? If it isn't then more people could get potentially duped. After all, arent we all just trying to help each other out in some capacity?
Start a thread in the chat lounge. As far as anyone pushing their wares here, this is not the place to do that either. Any further sales pitches/products for sale should not be posted here, especially by the person or company selling them.I will delete those posts without notice or prejudice.
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit

Last edited by racer1812; 01-30-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: chat not feedback
badaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #10011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed90 View Post
johnny5 if you are out there, could you tell me what gearing you have on your 17.5 buggy. I just got a d3.5 and was going to run 34/69 gearing. Thanks in advance.
That's what I ran last weekend man. Gonna have to drop a couple teeth or go up on the spur for the new layout though.
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #10012
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just got one of these so I'm in the club now. If anyone is using a Hudy on it, how are you securing the front wheels?
shagino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #10013
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Working on a new build. Thought I would share some pictures.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #10014
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

are slicks still choice or should i glue up my barcodes and bring the other tires for tonight
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #10015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
Whats the size of the front axle screws? Picked up the lunsford titanium wheel screws which are M3x7 and they dont thread into the stock aluminum axles.
Hi champ,I have been using the Lunsford Ti wheel screws for months,they do fit very tight.But they don't come loose,and are the correct size and thread.I also cut off the wing mount stubs,drill them out with a 2.5mm drill bit,and then use the Lunsford screws to also mount my wing.Looks awesome,and the wing is solidly mounted and more consistent feeling.
FGX Mckune Mercedes W02
Fleet powered by Thunder Power and Tekin,Spektrum and Hitec,painted by HABIBS BODIES

Last edited by Peli; 01-31-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: stupid dumbphone can't spell,or use grammar correctly
Peli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #10016
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicsickness View Post

Make sure you make some kind of skid plate for the front kickup! The chassis breaks there. I have one to prove it. Looks awesome though!!

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #10017
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicsickness View Post

That has to be one of the best looking cars I have seen.

Brian
SUPERLOOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #10018
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)

Here is my other 210 set up as MM3 just got done with the body...

dgdcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #10019
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)

double

Last edited by dgdcustoms; 02-01-2013 at 07:14 PM.
dgdcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #10020
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tried out the 21g front suspension block on amain , I moved my reciever to the side of my battery tray and transponder in the middle of the other side pod and 10g under a savox servo , and esc under the rear brace with the battery stop drilled further back 30g rf brass block and I had my shorty moved all the way forward but couldn't get enough rear traction in the corners I moved the battery back and loved it it had so much more steering with the extra weight and with all the rear weight I had tons of traction , and its the best air control I've had I'm sure that my 10.5t geared 75/28 non boost being moved so far forward by the gearing helped also , I am trying to go with as much plastic shims and titanium as possible I'm not sure my weight just wanna be fair with roar and the track
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote