Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #9901
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Mo are you running the stock chassis or the dime20 ?
I'm running the Dimec20 +8 chassis.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #9902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I'm running the Dimec20 +8 chassis.
Can't find one in stock anywhere? Anyone have any ideas
the big rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #9903
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default schumacher tires

I have a pair of (front) schumacher low profile tires and trying o mount them on durango rims but their not fitting properly. What am i doing wrong. Is there a special way ?

Thanks.
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #9904
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Is this the +8 chassis?
I compared it to my stock metal chassis.

The chassis I got from ProGrade is the +8

Wild - That's what I had to do, she said send the numbers separately. I didn't really have any issues all going to the same place weather placed online or by email. With splitting up everything I liked it better anyways.
russ_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #9905
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 169 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings View Post
I have a pair of (front) schumacher low profile tires and trying o mount them on durango rims but their not fitting properly. What am i doing wrong. Is there a special way ?

Thanks.
The best way is to trim the wheel down. I used lexan scissors and removed the inside of the wheel up to the first rib. The stock wheels are actually really soft and trim easily. I also trimmed down the tires mounting bead for proper fit.

Brushless420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #9906
KH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
To anyone that's driven a losi 22 and a dex210 which did you like better? Either one outperform the other by a lot in any aspect?
I have spent a lot of time on my 210 and feel that it's a very very good car. I think driving style and ability will have a lot to do with which car ppl like best. I think the 210 is easier to drive and most will make more consistent laps with it. I could not even concentrate at all and have a great run with it. The problem for me is that when I do really want to lay it down, the car will not deliver. I will use it on some race days and do very well and think that a car cannot be any better. On that same day I will throw the 22 down and it will be .3 faster on a 17-18 sec track. But, you have to DRIVE the Losi. It's very hard to explain. Ppl hear my description of the cars and ask then how come the 210 isn't faster. I feel the 210 leaves more room for error. I think most ppl would do better in a race driving my 210 over my 22. Both cars run very well. But my 22 is always faster in every condition and every track I've ever been on. And all said and done I think the 210 is more fun to drive. Some will understand this and some won't. Both are awesome cars tho.
TLR22, TLR22 #2
T4.1
TC6.1 17.5tc
X-ray T3 Mod tc
DEX410, DEX408
KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #9907
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big rc View Post
Can't find one in stock anywhere? Anyone have any ideas
look at their site. it is in stock http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320220
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #9908
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
Yup, it is but do you have any idea what they want for shipping. The cheapest they offered was over 35 bucks to ship. That's more than the part.
the big rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #9909
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am interested in this chassis as well, but a little skeptical as to who they are. Call me a little paranoid, but out of the blue I received an email from a user called prograderacing asking me if i was interested in a +8 chassis, and they asked me a question about one of my posts. They have no info in their profile and no posts. They just joined rctech a few days ago. Maybe im out of the loop but until a few days ago i had never heard of them.

Now we have someone with less than 10 posts putting up pictures, and promoting the chassis. They too just joined a few days ago and have only posted questions about prograde racing. A third has only 4 posts, asked one question about someone else's chassis, and the rest of their posts are about prograde. They list their location as Sweden but again no other info.

The website has no contact info, (other than email) they don't accept PayPal, but will take your credit card and security code number no problem.

Be careful is all i am saying.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 01-29-2013 at 05:17 AM.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #9910
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
I am interested in this chassis as well, but a little skeptical as to who they are. Call me a little paranoid, but out of the blue I received an email from a user called prograderacing asking me if i was interested in a +8 chassis, and they asked me a question about one of my posts. They have no info in their profile and no posts. They just joined rctech a few days ago. Maybe im out of the loop but until a few days ago i had never heard of them.

Now we have someone with less than 10 posts putting up pictures, and promoting the chassis. They too just joined a few days ago and have only posted questions about prograde racing. A third has only 4 posts, asked one question about someone else's chassis, and the rest of their posts are about prograde. They list their location as Sweden but again no other info.

The website has no contact info, they don't accept PayPal, but will take your credit card and security code number no problem.

Be careful is all i am saying.
Hi there.

I would be the mysterious Swedish contribution in this with only four posts being referred to. I can assure you that I have no association with prograde other than that I am interested in a +8 chassis, and have been for some time, but with the Dimecs snapping right and left I would like to find an alu option. I have been waiting for the RDRP version that never seems to hit the streets.

Right now I am holding out for feedback regarding the LW version that rcjunky on here is testing.

The reason for me asking about prograde is the same as yours, new kid on the block that I never have heard of with a web page that looks less than finished, with no secure payment options. I have been working with card payments over the web and I can assure you that sending your details in an e-mail is A LOT more risky than entering your details in an integrated payment service on the web page. Sending your details in e-mail is never recommended, even if the company receiving the details is a straight shooter, e-mail is very easily intercepted and your details can now be anywhere in the world, personally I would never do it.

If you still doubt that I'm real you can check me out at oople.com, same user name. I may not be the most active poster on forums, but a very active follower. Furthermore I am clubmates with OneKiwi, who is a more active poster on here, so you can always check with him if still in doubt. Together with him I am probably one ofthe guys that know the 210 best in Sweden right now.

oh, and I assure you, I am very Swedish.

BR

Greger

Last edited by GregerL; 01-29-2013 at 04:05 AM.
GregerL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 AM   #9911
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big rc View Post
Yup, it is but do you have any idea what they want for shipping. The cheapest they offered was over 35 bucks to ship. That's more than the part.
welcome in the international world or RC.

this is what we have to deal with all the time

not everybody lives in the USA .

30% of my costs that I make for my hobby are shipping costs. and with me thousands of others here in europe or even somewhere else
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #9912
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH View Post
I have spent a lot of time on my 210 and feel that it's a very very good car. I think driving style and ability will have a lot to do with which car ppl like best. I think the 210 is easier to drive and most will make more consistent laps with it. I could not even concentrate at all and have a great run with it. The problem for me is that when I do really want to lay it down, the car will not deliver. I will use it on some race days and do very well and think that a car cannot be any better. On that same day I will throw the 22 down and it will be .3 faster on a 17-18 sec track. But, you have to DRIVE the Losi. It's very hard to explain. Ppl hear my description of the cars and ask then how come the 210 isn't faster. I feel the 210 leaves more room for error. I think most ppl would do better in a race driving my 210 over my 22. Both cars run very well. But my 22 is always faster in every condition and every track I've ever been on. And all said and done I think the 210 is more fun to drive. Some will understand this and some won't. Both are awesome cars tho.
I understand what your saying. I have both a 22b and 22t coming to me this week in a trade I made on here and was just wondering if I should keep them or sell them. I love durango products and was thinking of going all durango. If anyone on here has a really nice DEX210 and wants a really nice losi 22 PM me and maybe we can work something out.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #9913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Guys I mentioned in a previous post if you like the way your +8 plastic chassis handle but just want to make it stronger, there is an option. The plates I have been fabricating are very thin, light and extremely strong. Made from .035" (.88mm) stainless steel. Even used them on broken chassis to get through the day. Made in the USA and I have great trader rating .... just throwing it out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-image.jpg  

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #9914
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Guys I mentioned in a previous post if you like the way your +8 plastic chassis handle but just want to make it stronger, there is an option. The plates I have been fabricating are very thin, light and extremely strong. Made from .035" (.88mm) stainless steel. Even used them on broken chassis to get through the day. Made in the USA and I have great trader rating .... just throwing it out there.
I'll take three please...
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #9915
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH View Post
Working hard to figure out how to eliminate that .3 between your 22 and my 210.

I'd agree with this general description. For me, the 210 pretty much works in any condition. My former 22 was really dang fast until the track dried and then I just couldn't keep the pace up whereas the 210 generally has more traction all around.