R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #9751
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
Can you use the buggy knuckles on the SC to get those tuning options?
no
sc uses hex to mount wheel where as buggy rim sits on bearings on axle.

different axle setups.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #9752
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just an FYI guys. Promatch Racing has there new 4600 80C shorty pack. I can tell a good difference between the pop of this and my Losi 60C and Promatch 65C shorty's that I have. Just over $50, I have 4 of them and all are great.
http://promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=38
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #9753
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
Just an FYI guys. Promatch Racing has there new 4600 80C shorty pack. I can tell a good difference between the pop of this and my Losi 60C and Promatch 65C shorty's that I have. Just over $50, I have 4 of them and all are great.
http://promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=38

link removed

Last edited by discgolferlee; 01-17-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #9754
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
no
sc uses hex to mount wheel where as buggy rim sits on bearings on axle.

different axle setups.
That brings up a question a have.

I am building an DEST210 truck and noticed the kit came with front steering knuckles that use bearings, and the same front knuckles that the 210 uses with inserts. The parts appear swappable.

My question is can you convert the front end to hex? I know the truck uses 15mm hexes, but I have a set of Jconcepts 12mm hexes laying around and found they seem to fit.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this? My reasoning is if I could convert the buggy to 12mm hexes all around, then I could use b4 hex wheels from Avid, Proline, Jconcepts, etc. Much easier to find than Durango 210 wheels.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #9755
Tech Regular

hi there

i have the durango desc210. he uses hexes in the front.
so i can switch the front and rear wheels. i like it because the front wheels doesnīt need to much grip. so i can swithc the old rear wheels to the front. itīs perfekt

just look at the TD site, which partnumber you need.
it would be a direct fit to the dest210
mihaelbencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #9756
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
brushless hobbies has some great new 75c shorty packs for 46 bucks!
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/2S-7...ty-_p_193.html
If you don't want to deal w/ Stan that pack looks to be the same as:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=33217

Unfortunately it is out of stock in the US but international shipping has been quicker than usual.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #9757
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
That brings up a question a have.

I am building an DEST210 truck and noticed the kit came with front steering knuckles that use bearings, and the same front knuckles that the 210 uses with inserts. The parts appear swappable.

My question is can you convert the front end to hex? I know the truck uses 15mm hexes, but I have a set of Jconcepts 12mm hexes laying around and found they seem to fit.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this? My reasoning is if I could convert the buggy to 12mm hexes all around, then I could use b4 hex wheels from Avid, Proline, Jconcepts, etc. Much easier to find than Durango 210 wheels.
I think this is what you are looking for.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #9758
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
If you don't want to deal w/ Stan that pack looks to be the same as:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=33217

Unfortunately it is out of stock in the US but international shipping has been quicker than usual.
for sure not the same pack. I know the supplier and it is in no way shape or form associated with turnigy or hobbyking

but anyways back to the topic of the vehicle..
Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #9759
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
brushless hobbies has some great new 75c shorty packs for 46 bucks!
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/2S-7...ty-_p_193.html
What the heck is that? I click your link to Brushlesshobbies and 1st thing that comes up it a rant back and forth with a customer! I read the whole thing and yes the customer sounds like a tool thats ignorant, but for a buisness owner to get into a back and forth like that and post it on the website is 1000% unprofessional, childish, and flat out wrong. Just seeing that will and does turn people off. Me included. I had never heard of this company until today and wow what a 1st impression they have left. Sorry guys rant over.
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #9760
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
What the heck is that? I click your link to Brushlesshobbies and 1st thing that comes up it a rant back and forth with a customer! I read the whole thing and yes the customer sounds like a tool thats ignorant, but for a buisness owner to get into a back and forth like that and post it on the website is 1000% unprofessional, childish, and flat out wrong. Just seeing that will and does turn people off. Me included. I had never heard of this company until today and wow what a 1st impression they have left. Sorry guys rant over.
sorry not my site. He has some issues with a customer ranting and raving and slandering him. I don't want to start up garbage here. While I may not agree with this business practice I will say the batteries are great!! especially the shorty packs..

back on topic of vehicles
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #9761
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to nitro-rob Send a message via Skype™ to nitro-rob

Quote:
I personally like the stock chassis. Yes because with that low of rear toe the car wants to go straight and not turn.
1.) Up your rear toe between 3-4 play with it to where it turns better but doesnt get loose.
2.) lighter front spring
3.) little heavier rear spring
4.) go to 4 hole 1.3 pistons rear 1.2 pistons front
5.) I would look into 35wgt front and 30wgt rear.
6.) move your battery forward.

You can try these changes, do not change them all at once do 1 at a time so you know what the change is doing. Unless you want to ditch your current setup all together.
Walkman, thanks for the tips. I will incorporate the changes one at a time to feel them. Unfortunately I am waiting for a shock tower so I will have to wait. I have never been able to 'drive' this buggy yet.

I will report back.

DEST and DEX 210 front hubs are the same (its where I get my spares when I break mine).
nitro-rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #9762
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings View Post
I have just recently taken my tranny apart for maintenance due to some binding issues. I put the tranny back together as instructed but still have the binding issues.

I've looked very closely and found out now that the slipper plate has some play from side to side. I tighten down the spring yet still big time slipping and some play from side to side. I have added a washer onto shaft on the inside (back) slipper plate that goes through the motor plate. Now no slipping or play.

Is there a chance that the inside slipper plate has worn out enough to cause the play from side to side and not allowing the slipper to tighten?

Thanks
Ok guys, I posted this a few days ago but yet have had no reply's yet several other posts have gone up. I would appreciate some help. thanks
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #9763
ekt
Tech Master

Quote:
Ok guys, I posted this a few days ago but yet have had no reply's yet several other posts have gone up. I would appreciate some help. thanks
Some of the original slipper spacers had an issue with wearing, TD has released a new spacer made with different materials TD310243. As you said, using washers you can create a temporary fix like http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #9764
Tech Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
Some of the original slipper spacers had an issue with wearing, TD has released a new spacer made with different materials TD310243. As you said, using washers you can create a temporary fix like http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/
Greatly appreciate thanks
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #9765
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208

Quote:
Greatly appreciate thanks
You probably have the screws that go through the tranny onto the motor mount too tight. I just put lock tight on the motor mount not the screw it self and just barely snugg them, and it should be fine then.

and the spacer wearing atleast for me didn't cause any binding, just made the slipper plates and slipper pads not bind toghether/mesh together properly.

Last edited by nolimit208; 01-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote