R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #9451
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6 View Post
is their anywhere to buy just the caged thrust bearing , im gonna try a new thrust with new circlips after i test this ae gear diff out
Amain -

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Thrust-Bearing

Tower -
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCEN&P=7
Crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #9452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
If you do run it as is, let me know how it turns out. Sometimes the ACCEPTED way of doing things is not the ONLY way of doing things.
This is very true. There are so many variables- driver, track design and surface, etc that a multitude of different combinations can work for some but not for others. Just gotta work to find the balance that best suits you.

On another note- Zipperfoot, I apologize for the bad experience you had with Tresrey. Tresrey strives to provide both the best products and customer service for its customers, and that clearly was not the case for you. While it may not change your feelings about the situation, I do apologize that you were dissatisfied. That's clearly not how to maintain postive customers relationships.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #9453
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Thanks, I wish "I" worked as well as my buggy last night.. LOL Cruz was holding me up for a few laps, then he finally bobbled and I had a line took it except he wasn't going to give it and just jammed into me and ended up putting us both into the wall left for the marshall. Then I just couldn't mentally recover, lost focus and just over drove the buggy you guys ran well though. The trucks were certainly dialed.. you ran that MM mount darn good too.
yea the truck is working well. the buggy i havent really changed anything but shock oil and the way i drive it.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #9454
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Well talk about jumping straight into the fire, I haven't raced in about 5 months since I've been to busy with real life. Picked up a dex210 and my first race will be the Novak Race here which is sold out at 350 entries . Since I finished the car the track has been closed for rebuilding so it's maiden voyage will be controlled practice this friday. Track is 160 by 80 with medium traction tacky dirt mix, I started with the steve butts setup front pistons stock 35 wt losi oil, rear shocks 4 1.2 hole drilled pistons with 22.5wt losi oil, I'm not asking for your secret shock setup but since by the time I drive it I probably won't be able to get any other spring/piston parts in time are any of you finding it beneficial to change the stock springs or pistons, or is there a hot setup for the suspension I've been missing. Looking to order everything I may need tonight so it will be here by the end of the week if I need to make changes. Hobby shop carries alot of TLR/Associated parts anyone know if either there springs or pistons will work on the rango shocks?
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #9455
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC View Post
Well talk about jumping straight into the fire, I haven't raced in about 5 months since I've been to busy with real life. Picked up a dex210 and my first race will be the Novak Race here which is sold out at 350 entries . Since I finished the car the track has been closed for rebuilding so it's maiden voyage will be controlled practice this friday. Track is 160 by 80 with medium traction tacky dirt mix, I started with the steve butts setup front pistons stock 35 wt losi oil, rear shocks 4 1.2 hole drilled pistons with 22.5wt losi oil, I'm not asking for your secret shock setup but since by the time I drive it I probably won't be able to get any other spring/piston parts in time are any of you finding it beneficial to change the stock springs or pistons, or is there a hot setup for the suspension I've been missing. Looking to order everything I may need tonight so it will be here by the end of the week if I need to make changes. Hobby shop carries alot of TLR/Associated parts anyone know if either there springs or pistons will work on the rango shocks?
TLR springs will work, pistons wont. I like the 1.3 4 holes in RM3, but Steve has a good setup with the stock springs..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #9456
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
This is very true. There are so many variables- driver, track design and surface, etc that a multitude of different combinations can work for some but not for others. Just gotta work to find the balance that best suits you.

On another note- Zipperfoot, I apologize for the bad experience you had with Tresrey. Tresrey strives to provide both the best products and customer service for its customers, and that clearly was not the case for you. While it may not change your feelings about the situation, I do apologize that you were dissatisfied. That's clearly not how to maintain postive customers relationships.
Thanks, i didn't have a problem with them they had a problem with the comment i made about shipping when i placed the order. It appears the order was filled by 303cycles.com. Someone from the ditributor must have disliked my comment and canceled my order. If you are affiliated with the Tresrey company i would definitely mention it to the parent company, that their USA distributor is refusing customers because someone complained about shipping charges.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #9457
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone knows whats wrong with td site? Couldnt connect since yesterday. Trying to get instruction to build gear diff. Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #9458
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pword View Post
Anyone knows whats wrong with td site? Couldnt connect since yesterday. Trying to get instruction to build gear diff. Thanks
Here ya go.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...rDiffAssembly/
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #9459
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pword View Post
Works for me.

Here is a link to the build from petitrc.com

Edit: sorry, someone beat me to it.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #9460
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

big move here....

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=13006

MIKES RC WORLD(r.i.p) | TACOMA RC RACEWAY | FOUR SEASONS RC RACEWAY(r.i.p) | ISLAND RACEWAY
Panic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #9461
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Works for me.

Here is a link to the build from petitrc.com

Edit: sorry, someone beat me to it.
Thanks guys!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #9462
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my ball diff had a new circlip new pliers used everything done right then noticed my diff rings had a deep groove so when i started sanding rings with out drive that has thrust inside sand paper on glass for flatness i noticed the rings had a groove on one side and the other side was smooth so i think it may been an unevenness in the out drive . im gonna try new rings and circlips but this ae gear diff with 2000cts feels good maybe go up in oil but im liking gear diff no more slipping or locked diff feeling
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #9463
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey guys happy new year! I am a new dex210 owner and soon to be dex410 to ! I am having a little trouble wiring up the car. It is in MM4 layout and i have a orion r10 pro esc and a finisher body. I have tried searching for some pics but is there anyone that has pics of this setup in there car it would be really appreciated! also is there any quick tips you can give me for the car that i should do! There is to many pages to read through and not enough time!

pete
Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #9464
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boadazofa View Post
Hey guys happy new year! I am a new dex210 owner and soon to be dex410 to ! I am having a little trouble wiring up the car. It is in MM4 layout and i have a orion r10 pro esc and a finisher body. I have tried searching for some pics but is there anyone that has pics of this setup in there car it would be really appreciated! also is there any quick tips you can give me for the car that i should do! There is to many pages to read through and not enough time!

pete
Here's what mine looked like..

flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #9465
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Heres a few
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ctronicsSetup/
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...stallOrionR10/

Why don't people know about petitrc?
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook