Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

well 1st race in with the buggy. i have the rtr version. i did nothing to it but change rear tires to suburbs and a better servo and radio.

how the car felt: it pushed really bad and was sometimes loose. changed shock positions and it seemed to help but the track was drier and that brought up traction issues.

also and this is a big one for me, once in awhile landing off of jumps the car would do a complete 180. i found that odd.

any advice would be great , thanks Geo
Old 12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
well 1st race in with the buggy. i have the rtr version. i did nothing to it but change rear tires to suburbs and a better servo and radio.

how the car felt: it pushed really bad and was sometimes loose. changed shock positions and it seemed to help but the track was drier and that brought up traction issues.

also and this is a big one for me, once in awhile landing off of jumps the car would do a complete 180. i found that odd.

any advice would be great , thanks Geo
My base was Ryan Lutz posted setup geo, other than my damn ball pop yesterday the buggy runs great turns exactly where i point.. dialed. I used a different shock setup and I have a exotek front weight in, using a shorty lipo in a custom location (battery balance makes a HUGE difference). Welcome to look her over for ideas if u want. I'll try to post my setup over the next few days. I'm running concepts all around on mine so similar tires.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
Sounds like you could possibly be overjumping the triple and then you get chassis flop... it'll slap and then bounce and spin.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
No, sorry, I mean the pin that fits into driveshaft and connects into the outdrive (where it gets powered by the gearbox).

With the amount of weight and force, I'm not sure that threadlock will hold forever there. Guess I'll find out!

This is the driveshaft with the pin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Durango...-/290759465929

I'm going to buy some read threadlock, so hopefully that will fix it.
you know, one of mines is loose in the outdrive too. i replaced driveshafts, but that one side is still loose. i am thinking it is the outdrive that is off. it is the outdrive that holds the diff nut (opposite side that you tighten hex screw). Lemme know if you are loose on only one side and what side it is please. thanks. glenn
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My DEX210 had it's first meeting run yesterday, at a small local club meet in 2wd mod

LRP 10.5, LRP Sphere esc, Savox servo, running 28/75 pinion/spur and am also running a gear diff, 30wt oil in front and 27.5 in rear...with 2000wt diff oil

Qualified 2nd out of a field of 4-6, and landed 2x 2nd's in the finals....

No troubles with the car what so ever, AKA Rebar's on the back, and scrubs on the front, our track is a 35 second dusty / little rocks, RM3 config

Was dialled in on corners and straights, loved the car, can't wait till our club resumes next year

Cheers,
Reedy
Old 12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Thank you for the info. The track that I race on is a medium to high bite dirt track(would say its close to a clay track). The track is not 100% clay. I am also only running blinky/17.5. I was wondering if this would help in a stock class or be a bad choice. Bar codes are the tire of choice too.
Dave
Hey Dave, i don't run stock, but i just had a query, What pinion / spur do you use in the rango, when i was running stock with my associated i ran 33->38 (depending on grip and motor) with a 72 spur. I have noticed with the durango, that the spur cover only caters for a 30 maximum size. Does TD sell a gear cover that caters for stock drivers? or do you just gear down and add motor timing?
Cheers,
Reedy
Old 12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Finally got the kit put together, I was curious to know what you guys have found to be a good starting spring piston oil combo? I run on a large indoor track with medium traction and I built the car with the Steve Butts setup linked below. Seems as though the rear of the car rebounds much slower than the front, wondering what the consensus is as far as spring selection.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ts_SDRC201112/
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syndicate
Hey Dave, i don't run stock, but i just had a query, What pinion / spur do you use in the rango, when i was running stock with my associated i ran 33->38 (depending on grip and motor) with a 72 spur. I have noticed with the durango, that the spur cover only caters for a 30 maximum size. Does TD sell a gear cover that caters for stock drivers? or do you just gear down and add motor timing?
Cheers,
Reedy
Hello,
I am running a 69 Spur with a 30 pinion right now. My motor is a Speed Passion Version3 17.5 w/+10 timing board. I will be going to be adding +30 board. I have no problems with the gear cover yet! I know Exotec sells a bigger gear cover. My Ballistic 17.5 was maxxed timing.
Dave
Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anybody actually racing the RTR? I mean radio and all. I got out a year ago and have nothing. Looking to have something to just to to the track once a month or so. Not looking to dive back into the deep end again.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here is a larger pic. Struggling a bit with google plus instant upload. I need to find a better solution than that as well. hehe.
I had the exact same problem with one of mine. I was able to use pliers to get the pin 'centered' again and I started using the little plastic sleeves that go over the outdrive in hopes it would keep the pin centered and stop it from moving. I suppose there's so much force that if the pin wants to move the plastic sleeve will just deform, but it hasn't happened since...

Neil
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

running mm3 on carpet. car is very twitchy. stock aluminum chassis
debating on ordering up the +8 dimec20 chassis and cab forward body.

anyone running the +8 on carpet???
Does it settle down the nervous twitch and or improve handling.
any input appreciated.
Thank you
Old 12-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by discgolferlee
running mm3 on carpet. car is very twitchy. stock aluminum chassis
debating on ordering up the +8 dimec20 chassis and cab forward body.

anyone running the +8 on carpet???
Does it settle down the nervous twitch and or improve handling.
any input appreciated.
Thank you
The +8 will definitely help to smooth it out. Also try heavier shock oils. If your track is very smooth (as I suspect most carpet tracks are) you don't need light shock oils to absorb rough track conditions, and it will slow the responsiveness down.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is a larger pic. Struggling a bit with google plus instant upload. I need to find a better solution than that as well. hehe.
Put some CA glue on it and press the pin back through into its correct position, might email that pic to Team Durango and they might replace it for free also.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
The +8 will definitely help to smooth it out. Also try heavier shock oils. If your track is very smooth (as I suspect most carpet tracks are) you don't need light shock oils to absorb rough track conditions, and it will slow the responsiveness down.
this is my current setup jonny
Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is it me, or did the price of the dex210 just skyrocket as of this morning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.