R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #8911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

what were your motor temps running that and spinning tires? Must have been plenty high!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #8912
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
what were your motor temps running that and spinning tires? Must have been plenty high!
nah mate never over 60 deg C

a lot of current limiter was dropped out as well though under 50% which keeps temps down on motor and esc

but yeh it was very fun in practise mode but not good for racing

could not use much of the rev range either so i am looking forward to trying a smaller pinion

this was on a indoor clay track with 17 to 18 second lap times and running a full 3800 mah shorty pack through which = about 68 to 70 laps in a session
Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #8913
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
yeah, running carpet.... I don't think anyone else runs the weight (all the fast guys) But it seems like I could maybe use a bit more steering, just worried I am going to tip the scales and start spinning out. I have to switch from mini spikes in front to stagger ribs, I think that may do it. Other than that the car drives pretty balanced, if I get on the brakes to deep at the end of the long straight the rear wants to come around a bit, but that is just me trying to overdrive the track.
Not sure how dirt translates to carpet, but if I were looking for more steering, and the rest of my car was working well, I would try the following in order to get my rear end to rotate through the corners more freely:

move my rear hubs back
run less rear toe
If that didn't work, maybe try less front caster

just some thoughts
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #8914
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylstra View Post
are you guys talking about the shims inbetween the back bearing and the front bearing of the hub? im having the same problem to tight rear wheels i bearly tighten em up and i can feel the difference losi includes that spacer.thanks for the info
The shim between the front and back bearing would be a crush tube no?

I took out one of the two shims between the outer bearing and the tresrey hex adapter. No more binding for me.
zipperfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #8915
Tech Initiate

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Can one of you please post the part number(s) of these shimms you are using on the rear hubs to prevent binding? would greatly appreciate it. thx
C-MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #8916
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Does anyone know a shock end other than durango? Can't find any in stock
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #8917
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
yeah, running carpet.... I don't think anyone else runs the weight (all the fast guys) But it seems like I could maybe use a bit more steering, just worried I am going to tip the scales and start spinning out. I have to switch from mini spikes in front to stagger ribs, I think that may do it. Other than that the car drives pretty balanced, if I get on the brakes to deep at the end of the long straight the rear wants to come around a bit, but that is just me trying to overdrive the track.
Wow. What type of carpet are you running on? Im running on ozite and Im switching to the cut staggerd to take out some steering. I am running mini pins on the front and had to cut down two rows on each side. My DR is turned down to 75% I have so much steering it's wippin the rear around. I have it calmed down now and Im just working on the roll in the rear right now. I have some pistons and some stiffer springs comming soon. As far as the weight go's I think im am going to start adding it to the rear. I think it needs to be more planted. My rear end was doing the same thing when I got on the brakes then I went to 3.5 toe from 3.0 in the rear and it helped alot. More toe might help.
"I Huff SXT 3.0"
The Czechexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #8918
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-desc410-bottom-caps/
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #8919
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-MAC View Post
Can one of you please post the part number(s) of these shimms you are using on the rear hubs to prevent binding? would greatly appreciate it. thx
Here you go: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...5x7mm-Shim-Set
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #8920
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
http://www.tresrey-usa.com/tresrey-a...hock-seal-cap/
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #8921
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
He's talking about the lower shock shaft ends. I had to ask Ryan Lutz for some.

Maybe try the AE lower ends. Not sure if the big bores come with different ones than the previous V2 ends, but they look pretty close.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...m-Eyelets-Blue
Old 11-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #8922
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

They appear to have 2 in stock: http://www.nankinhobby.com/product-p/tdr330293.htm
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #8923
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Okay guys, been reading forever and have decided to ask for some opinions. I realize I am in the 210 thread so I expect it to be a little bias, but here goes.

My son is just getting into racing and said he would like a 1/10 buggy for Xmas. I have never raced one. I was always a nitro guy years ago and raced electric on-road and indoor carpet. I am now back into racing with him and feel he will really benefit from something 2wd and since he said he likes the buggies he made my decision what to get him. He is wheeling a Losi 4wd Short Course truck right now (i know, bad habits etc..., but I wanted him to have fun and not get discouraged from the beginning) I am running a 22SCT.

So here I am researching hours upon hours what to buy. I have it narrowed down the the 22 and the 210. As I said, we both have Losi's and I have always liked Losi products, but 10 years ago there wasn't much else to choose from besides AE. The Durango has really caught my eye, I just need some more info about durability etc (are ball cups really that bad?).... Parts support is kind of a mute point as my LHS doesn't carry anything buggy related so it will be mostly mail order. I just keep reading how durable the Losi is and that it is such a great buggy. While I have no doubt it is, it seems the Durango may have in edge in setup options out of the box without spending tons of $$.

So please help us out. As I said, parts support is not that important so it comes down to the two buggies and really durability as an 11yr old will be driving it. Thanks in advance! Seems like a great group of follow/supporters in here

Last edited by 3Captain; 11-26-2012 at 07:47 PM.
3Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #8924
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Captain View Post
Okay guys, been reading forever and have decided to ask for some opinions. I realize I am in the 210 thread so I expect it to be a little bias, but here goes.

My son is just getting into racing and said he would like a 1/10 buggy for Xmas. I have never raced one. I was always a nitro guy years ago and raced electric on-road and indoor carpet. I am now back into racing with him and feel he will really benefit from something 2wd and since he said he likes the buggies he made my decision what to get him. He is wheeling a Losi 4wd Short Course truck right now (i know, bad habits etc..., but I wanted him to have fun and not get discouraged from the beginning) I am running a 22SCT.

So here I am researching hours upon hours what to buy. I have it narrowed down the the 22 and the 210. As I said, we both have Losi's and I have always liked Losi products, but 10 years ago there wasn't much else to choose from besides AE. The Durango has really caught my eye, I just need some more info about durability etc (are ball cups really that bad?).... Parts support is kind of a mute point as my LHS doesn't carry anything buggy related so it will be mostly mail order. I just keep reading how durable the Losi is and that it is such a great buggy. While I have no doubt it is, it seems the Durango may have in edge in setup options out of the box without spending tons of $$.

So please help us out. As I said, parts support is not that important so it comes down to the two buggies and really durability as an 11yr old will be driving it. Thanks in advance! Seems like a great group of follow/supporters in here
Don't listen to the people who have had 1 or 2 problems and then say the whole thing is faulty.

This buggy is frankly like the 22 was when it first came out... ahead of it's time.

I've assembled countless RC vehicles in my days and the issues that come from this buggy primarily revolve around that it is a very advanced build. You have to be good at building cars, know where even manufacturers don't necessarily tell you to do something an do it because you know it's right.

The ball cups is a perfect example. They made the plastic stiff and hard and made it shrink back to the mold size even after being threaded into. Once someone knows this and sees this, they need to be savvy enough to know they need to cut out the threads with a tap or other similar means for it to work. I've done this to mine and have NEVER had an issue.

But like I said, it's very durable, very quick and a excellent choice.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #8925
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Captain View Post

I will try to give u an unbiased answer if that is possible coming from a Durango thread...LOL
I think that either would probably be a good choice. I think that u will find both to have Internet parts available. Both probably will perform similar when setup correctly. So it comes down to a couple of things for me if I were in your shoes.

Do u need help with setup? If so, does one car have better local support at your track? This thread will help u anytime you have a question, but that is not the same as having local track support.

Cost. I am not familiar with what it takes to get the 22 bullet proof, but all you pretty much need is a cf rear tower and a cf steering rack and the 210 is good to go. So u will have to do some research on the 22 there to get ur answer.

Lastly as to the ball cup issue. Unfortunately some people have had issues and others haven't. I would say it is a fair conclusion to say there is some issue there, but u may not experience it. I have recently converted mine over to AE and don't regret the change.

Just my 2 cents..