R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 10-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #8116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

whats the deal with the slipper? I have it tightened all the way down and its still slipping. I sanded the pads because they had glazed after ONE DAY of running. Are there any other pads that will work or am I doing something wrong?
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #8117
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
Hey guys,

I literally just finished putting the radio / electrics in and put stickers on the body. I just mated the transmitter and ESC and found a "wobble" in the driveshaft. First, I noticed that the driveshaft seems a little "short" when the wheels are fully extended down. This is the same for both left and right sides - see pics. Is this NORMAL or did my kit come with short ones? Tip to tip, mine is 105mm.

Also, one of the driveshafts is actually slightly bent. The car hasn't even left my desk yet. So now I have to take it apart and straighten that driveshaft?

p.s. - I like how the hole guides on the wing doesn't match the wing mounts as they are mounted on the car...nice...NOT! Experience taught me to check in advance. I pity the beginner/semi-intermediate builder who will have to buy a new wing if they drilled using the the hole guides.
Add some droop
I have a few years of experience and do airbrush but still I missed measuring the wing LOL looks really bad with 3 holes and not centered....

Kyosho MP9 TKI3 Nova 4btt wc & Losi SCTE 2.0
Thanks to Merlin Fuel/Sweep Tires
Panda-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #8118
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underway View Post
whats the deal with the slipper? I have it tightened all the way down and its still slipping. I sanded the pads because they had glazed after ONE DAY of running. Are there any other pads that will work or am I doing something wrong?
Sounds like your diff is to loose...........back loosen the slipper and tighten the diff
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #8119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
Sounds like your diff is to loose...........back loosen the slipper and tighten the diff
+1
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #8120
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Your spacer on the layshaft may have been crushed a bit, some people have had issues. Fixes are using a nitro clutch spacer like this http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...perSpacerWear/ or buying the updated spacer LAYSHAFT SPACER (1PC) Part No: TD310243
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #8121
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Thanks guys ill start t a 18 pinion and work up. I run Rc shox slipper pads works great. http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/index.php
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #8122
Tech Elite

Diff was completely loose, the T nut seems to be stripped out as I cant get the diff screw to tighten.... This car has been a pain in my arse since I got it 3 weeks ago.... Its about to be up for sale and the RB6 on the pit table.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #8123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Diff was completely loose, the T nut seems to be stripped out as I cant get the diff screw to tighten.... This car has been a pain in my arse since I got it 3 weeks ago.... Its about to be up for sale and the RB6 on the pit table.
Do it!!!!!!

I was a durango fan, built the 410 v3.. The 6 is at least the best quality 1/10 ever seen, it may not be prefect but pretty close to heaven on earth
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #8124
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Take the diff completely apart and rebuild it per the team Durango YouTube video. Wondering if you put thrust washers in backwards or something and diff never built right. I had that problem building the desc210r diff and could not get the t nut to ever really bite or tighten to well.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #8125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Some people have not had problems with the ball cups, good for you. But when they constantly pop off during a race, or cause problems for dozens of other drivers this is an issue. Boiling them, or sticking a wrench into them to hold them in place while adjusting, boring out holes, greasing the turnbuckles... All this special treatment is really ridiculous.

I have never experienced this with other brands. I ended up using tc6 ti-nitrate 10mm long ball studs in all positions except the steering, where i used 8mm long. I used jconcepts ends with the stock turnbuckles. No issues since.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #8126
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Some people have not had problems with the ball cups, good for you. But when they constantly pop off during a race, or cause problems for dozens of other drivers this is an issue. Boiling them, or sticking a wrench into them to hold them in place while adjusting, boring out holes, greasing the turnbuckles... All this special treatment is really ridiculous.

I have never experienced this with other brands. I ended up using tc6 ti-nitrate 10mm long ball studs in all positions except the steering, where i used 8mm long. I used jconcepts ends with the stock turnbuckles. No issues since.
Which j concepts ends? U got a link?
Thanks
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #8127
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
Which j concepts ends? U got a link?
Thanks
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Cups-Black-20

The jconcepts kit also comes with longer angled caps that work perfectly for the rear, enabling you to continue to use the stock rear turnbuckles (which are shorter).

Correction to my previous post. I used tc6 5mm long studs in the rear hubs.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #8128
Tech Elite

is the gear diff a viable option? r the performance losses that noticeable?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #8129
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've never experienced any kind of performance issues with my gear diff. Finding the right oil weight for your track and driving style is definitely key though. To me ease of use, longer outdrives, cheaper to maintain, are all reason I choose to run one instead of a ball diff.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #8130
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
is the gear diff a viable option? r the performance losses that noticeable?
Its personal preference, but IMO the ball diff when built correctly, lasts seemingly forever, that I haven't even thought about trying it in this car..(I have tried it in other cars). It may be worth trying though, others have said that it suits their driving style a little better.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote