R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #7711
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,453
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
can someone please help me here, did a bunch of searching of the thread today and came up with nothing other than that I should have gobs of steering. I don't, I read that 4 gear might be my issue, but just cracked the tranny open, 3.
try adding internal limiters in the shock especially on the rear. ? Carpet offroad is not my thing. I would look on Oople to find a fast carpet setup.
__________________
Serpent USA www.serpentamerica.com, King Max Servos, Gens Ace, MIP, www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #7712
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
try adding internal limiters in the shock especially on the rear. ? Carpet offroad is not my thing. I would look on Oople to find a fast carpet setup.
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that is the issue either. I don't limit any of my other buggies. The problem is I am pushing like crazy on and off power. Thought I was supposed to have tons of steering? My RB5 and B4.1 both have too much steering.
__________________
don't take it too serious, they are toys....
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #7713
Tech Fanatic
 
dmatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Galloway, Ohio
Posts: 860
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys I figured out my problem with the diff. It appeared to me that the hole in the plastic nut was big enough for the screw to come through, I was wrong. I recommend before building the diff hold the nut with pliers or a vice, something that wont mar up the nut too bad and thread the diff screw completely through once. I thought the spring was totally compressed because the screw was totally stopping. But thats not what happens, the screw hits the super tight plastic "which is good" but makes you think your spring bottomed out. So after cleaning up the threads once and a rebuild the diff tightened up properly and came out super super nice! I wound up with the ears 1.75mm from the end of the slot in the outdrive which is great! With a little more break in it will come over even a little bit more.

Thanks Guys

Dax
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #7714
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
can someone please help me here, did a bunch of searching of the thread today and came up with nothing other than that I should have gobs of steering. I don't, I read that 4 gear might be my issue, but just cracked the tranny open, 3.
not many people in the states run on carpet, but I would start with MM3 and tune from there as that setup should have the most steering
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #7715
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
not many people in the states run on carpet, but I would start with MM3 and tune from there as that setup should have the most steering
Carpet shouldn't be a factor here. All I am asking is a basic way to get rid of push.
__________________
don't take it too serious, they are toys....
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #7716
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that is the issue either. I don't limit any of my other buggies. The problem is I am pushing like crazy on and off power. Thought I was supposed to have tons of steering? My RB5 and B4.1 both have too much steering.
What caster are you running up front. It's very easy to have the wrong inserts in.
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6
Kyosho ZX6.6
Kyosho Rt6
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #7717
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
What caster are you running up front. It's very easy to have the wrong inserts in.
I don't know. What should I be looking for? I just got the car and am a total n00b.
__________________
don't take it too serious, they are toys....
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #7718
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
I don't know. What should I be looking for? I just got the car and am a total n00b.
If you cut the 0 inserts its 25 degrees. Here's a link. Take a look at the insert and caster section. Hope this helps. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6
Kyosho ZX6.6
Kyosho Rt6
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #7719
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
If you cut the 0 inserts its 25 degrees. Here's a link. Take a look at the insert and caster section. Hope this helps. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html
Thanks for the link bro, I'm on it like white on rice.
__________________
don't take it too serious, they are toys....
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #7720
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MMor101
Default

How are the electronics in the RTR DEX?
MMor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #7721
Tech Elite
 
jonski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,750
Trader Rating: 233 (99%+)
Default

It's not out yet.
jonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #7722
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MMor101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonski View Post
It's not out yet.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXCLZD**&P=ML
MMor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #7723
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMor101 View Post
Might have to wait a few weeks until people actually start using them...since they're still new and all. Is that fair??
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #7724
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MMor101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Might have to wait a few weeks until people actually start using them...since they're still new and all. Is that fair??
Didn't know they were new! Sounds fair to me...

I'm trying to find some specs on the steering servo. The motor/ESC combo looks good.
MMor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #7725
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
Carpet shouldn't be a factor here. All I am asking is a basic way to get rid of push.
carpet is a factor here, that's what you're running on. Durango recommends running mid motor when running on carpet or astroturf because that configuration generates more steering. A rear motor car generates too much rear traction for carpet
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
sgtlt
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net