Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Uh...this is a joke, right?

Track looks a little wet. How are those Proline tires? Car looks good though. Is that the same body you had at Motorama when I met you?
Track was wet, supposedly there is a dehumidifier, and conditions have improved. Proline tires working great. M4 Suburb CC foam Velocity wheels. Front are typical ribs on B4 style rim. And yes that is the same body from motorama. It still looks good. Red Clay all year wooohooo.....
Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brollywood
nope not a joke. its what i did. and it worked very well. is it a joke to run a shorty pack slammed up against the servo?
No but it's a joke to think .060 lexan under the battery is a benefit, but if it works for you.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

actually it causes the battery to be positioned higher. which causes a balanced roll felling from the car. this combined with changing the pack allows the car to bite harder in corners allowing for more corner speed, without causing one end of the car to lose traction. when losi was developing the xxx series further they played with battery height alot. its the same as raising the transmission but you are playing with something that effects the front and rear not just the rear. how is that a joke? so i do not see why this is so wrong. check a stock car. the front flexes more than the rear. with a stock car the rear end can break loose mid to exit corner and give a sensation off walking out of a corner. this is made worse when you put the battery all the way forward (for me and others in my area). i tried this and it worked very well. im not telling anyone they are wrong but try it before you act like its a joke.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

actually it causes the battery to be positioned higher. which causes a balanced roll felling from the car. this combined with changing the pack allows the car to bite harder in corners allowing for more corner speed, without causing one end of the car to lose traction. when losi was developing the xxx series further they played with battery height alot. its the same as raising the transmission but you are playing with something that effects the front and rear not just the rear. how is that a joke? so i do not see why this is so wrong. check a stock car. the front flexes more than the rear. with a stock car the rear end can break loose mid to exit corner and give a sensation off walking out of a corner. this is made worse when you put the battery all the way forward (for me and others in my area). i tried this and it worked very well. im not telling anyone they are wrong but try it before you act like its a joke.
I was going to say almost the same thing, only less words-lol..I'll give it a try, you running RM3?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

yes rm3
Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

nope not a joke. its what i did. and it worked very well. is it a joke to run a shorty pack slammed up against the servo?
You're definitely trolling the lexan. There is no way a 1.5mm piece of plastic, no matter how long it is, would change the physics of your car in the way you described. By raising the battery you're raising the CG, which wouldn't give you the affects you mentioned.

Edited for further comment

I run my shorty about 1/2 pad from the servo. Transponder is mounted right behind. Been running it like this for awhile, too. Car has plenty of forward/side bite.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

then how does a 1mm piece of plastic under a transmission effect the rear end of lets say a losi 22?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
Hey guys, running indoor carpet and I need more steering, on and off power. Tires aren't the issue. Currently running rear motor, could go to mid, but have plenty of steering with my RB5 rear motor. Is there anything easyish I can try to get some more steering? Sorry I'm a n00b to car setup.
anyway, the lexan, maybe it works, can someone give me an idea here please.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

then how does a 1mm piece of plastic under a transmission effect the rear end of lets say a losi 22?
The way I understood the release from Losi was that it affected the driveshaft movement in the outdrive. I don't see the Losi transmission mod and your battery height mod having any correlation, as each mod affects two different geometries of the car.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That is a mechanical change which affects the dog bone plunge. Raising it locks in the rear. Lowering it frees it up.

Battery height would be a center of gravity change. It is a tuning option, but I think you need to raise it significantly. The lower the weight is on the chassis, the less affect it has on the handling. That's why you see some guys add 1/4 oz on the back of the Losi uptop behind the rear shock tower. It has the same effect as adding say a full ounce lower on the car (handling wise) but is less weight. In theory this would work for any car, not just the Losi.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well, why do we run shorty packs for then? Because the car is too heavy??..Whatever works for one guy, is a line of b.s to the next. Ever tried a shorty in an RB5? I tried to run a 22 twice, and hated it both times, after numerous changes the car never felt planted, others think its the bomb..Nobody thought the 22 trans spacer was a good idea, until the guy tried it, and now every (ok, almost) 22 has them.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

driveshaft plunge was one effect. the other was the roll characteristic in a corner by the weight being moved up. raising a transmission will cause the rear end to roll more. raising a battery will cause the car on a whole to have more lateral roll in a corner. its ok if it is not right to you. keep your battery forward and enjoy your car as is. i was just expressing what i found. just dont bash something you have never tried just because. i have tried both....and i prefer my way
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

That will teach you to post on the interwebz
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Well, why do we run shorty packs for then? Because the car is too heavy??..Whatever works for one guy, is a line of b.s to the next. Ever tried a shorty in an RB5? I tried to run a 22 twice, and hated it both times, after numerous changes the car never felt planted, others think its the bomb..Nobody thought the 22 trans spacer was a good idea, until the guy tried it, and now every (ok, almost) 22 has them.
not arguing that at all.

And shorty packs are preference in every car. Some guys like them, some don't. I didn't like them on the 4.1 but most guys I know did.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by joelwhite
That will teach you to post on the interwebz
lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.