R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #7531
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yep flame you got it right we were on an outdoor dry slick track i was the only one still pulling wheelies at the end of the day when the track was the slickest , gotta love it.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #7532
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingy View Post
yep flame you got it right we were on an outdoor dry slick track i was the only one still pulling wheelies at the end of the day when the track was the slickest , gotta love it.
Yeah, RM4 sounds perfect for that situation..I never found the steering to be too much in that config, but depending on what tire you were using, try something less aggressive, or a different compound.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #7533
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner

Anyone have a new or nearly-new 210 to sell that's not on the For Sale thread yet?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #7534
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ill post my set up
fr. 4x1.3 32.5 light red mid tower and out on the arm axles inline caster block all the way forward and 1mm under c/l no weight added and steering link forward on the bell crank 22 mm r/h and blue barcodes w/stock foam

rr. 4x1.3 27.5 light red in on tower mid on arm hubs 3mm in front and 1mm in rear c/l #2 w/1mm 3*toe 3*kick and green hybrides w/stock foams my speedo monted behind shorty battery in the mid rec on the left side and 1/4 on right side r/h is 21.5 all of this with rm4 set up
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #7535
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Took my buggy out for a short test drive today at SRS. Was dry and dusty, since racing was still several hours away. I was amazed at how well it handled. I did end up going with the 4 hole piston mod. Very impressed. All stock except the steering rack in carbon. Bought some drill bits to properly make 4 hole pistons out of the blanks included with the kit. Was told by staff in the shop they were going to start carrying Durango parts. Off to a good start!

Question, since i run a multiple tracks, does this buggy handle outdoor hard packed and indoor clay fairly well with the same set up? (except for tire selection of course), or am i going to be changing set ups all the time?
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #7536
Tech Master

Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #7537
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Took my buggy out for a short test drive today at SRS. Was dry and dusty, since racing was still several hours away. I was amazed at how well it handled. I did end up going with the 4 hole piston mod. Very impressed. All stock except the steering rack in carbon. Bought some drill bits to properly make 4 hole pistons out of the blanks included with the kit. Was told by staff in the shop they were going to start carrying Durango parts. Off to a good start!

Question, since i run a multiple tracks, does this buggy handle outdoor hard packed and indoor clay fairly well with the same set up? (except for tire selection of course), or am i going to be changing set ups all the time?
To answer your question. Yes, the same set-up will work, but to get the most from ANY brand car, you will want to change things according to conditions changing. It may not be all the time, as indoor conditions tend to be much more consistent.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #7538
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
To answer your question. Yes, the same set-up will work, but to get the most from ANY brand car, you will want to change things according to conditions changing. It may not be all the time, as indoor conditions tend to be much more consistent.
True. But for me i found my b4.1 worlds set up worked on a variety of tracks with minimal adjustments, but on the other end of the spectrum my Losi 22 needed a lot of tuning depending on the track. I was just wondering where the 210 fit into the scope of things.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #7539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
+1. Cush's setups for our home tracks tend to be very similar outdoor/indoor, provided the outdoor track is groomed with good traction. Usually just simple spring/oil changes and battery placement. Both tracks are generally very fast with larger jumps.
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #7540
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Anyone know if the TLR alum servo horns (22) have the same offset as the kit servo horns on this buggy?
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #7541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
Anyone know if the TLR alum servo horns (22) have the same offset as the kit servo horns on this buggy?
Almost exactly. They are the best servo arm I've found for the buggy yet.
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #7542
Tech Master

Quote:
What's wrong with the stock ones? I am sure the cheap ball cups would pop off before you broke a servo horn!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #7543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
What's wrong with the stock ones? I am sure the cheap ball cups would pop off before you broke a servo horn!
Thinking about doing this below and was wondering if I should upgrade the horn. The more I think about it. I think the plastic horn would be easier to replace than a servo.

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...ng-crank-pair/
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #7544
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

Quote:
Thinking about doing this below and was wondering if I should upgrade the horn. The more I think about it. I think the plastic horn would be easier to replace than a servo.

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...ng-crank-pair/
I did this on mine and love the lack of slop I found with the plastic parts.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #7545
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
True. But for me i found my b4.1 worlds set up worked on a variety of tracks with minimal adjustments, but on the other end of the spectrum my Losi 22 needed a lot of tuning depending on the track. I was just wondering where the 210 fit into the scope of things.
Zipper,

After racing off and on for years, I have found that Associated cars may be the best for "throwing it on the track" with little adjustment. To this effect, I just put a T4 on the track with the stock (manual) setup on a clay track and it was almost dialed -and it did not even have proper front tires.

I'd be curious to get the same feedback as I am just putting the finishing touches on my 210. This being said, after taking a good 4-5 full practice days to dial in my RB5 SP2, I doubt anything will be so easily dialed in as an Associated.