R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree21Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #7081
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I am going to rebuild my new to me dex210 to run a local indoor CARPET track. It was pointed out to me by a fellow racer the chassis is tweaked at the front. I have a replacement on order. Can I straighten this to keep as a spare? or will it all ways deform back to the tweaked side. Or should I just get the carbon chassis? how prone to tweaking are they? I can only assume it tweaked over time by running countless laps Counter Clockwise.

When rebuilding shocks should I be running limiters in them for carpet, if so what length? What the difference between limiting the shocks with spaces inside or using the droop screws... Or have missed the point completely, Both change the travel of the arms?
__________________
TLR 22
Desc410r
zleader_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #7082
Tech Elite
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,184
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

both do the same but limiters are easier to do precisely, but its a million times easier to change using the droop screws. I'd go with the droop screws so you can change the down travel on the fly depending on how big the jumps are/ how well you can down side jumps.
__________________
Official distributor of Dan-O-Mite Custom Parts- Durango 210 RF pivot blocks
Andrew Butters' Burghgraef
Team Durango Canada
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #7083
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Thanks I figured the droop screws would be easier and accomplish the same thing. The new to me chassis has the Tresrey front pivot pin holder. I does not have the drop wings. I may switch back to the stock or pick up a cream.

Thanks again.
__________________
TLR 22
Desc410r
zleader_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #7084
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,228
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylstra View Post
i had the same issue with the 35 pinion hitting the cover do you have to drimel alot or not? went back to a 34.
This is how much I removed on mine, sorry for the low quality photo.
ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #7085
Tech Adept
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleader_99 View Post
Thanks I figured the droop screws would be easier and accomplish the same thing. The new to me chassis has the Tresrey front pivot pin holder. I does not have the drop wings. I may switch back to the stock or pick up a cream.

Thanks again.
I'm thinking about getting the Tresrey front bulkhead and am curious what you mean regarding it not having droop wings? Is it not a direct replacement for the stock plastic one?
Thanks
__________________
Mugen MBX6 Eco, Kyosho ZX-5 FS2, Team Durango DEX210
Tamiya TB-03, Tamiya M-05 Pro, Associate 18R, Vaterra Kemora
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #7086
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
I'm thinking about getting the Tresrey front bulkhead and am curious what you mean regarding it not having droop wings? Is it not a direct replacement for the stock plastic one?
Thanks
If you plan to use the front drop screws the Tresrey item does not have the material machined into the part. If you look at the stock part there is a nub where the droop screw hits. Iam going to replace my Tresrey part with a Cream brass part. It has the wing, nub, tid bit.. not sure what to call it.. droop screw rest
__________________
TLR 22
Desc410r
zleader_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #7087
Tech Adept
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleader_99 View Post
If you plan to use the front drop screws the Tresrey item does not have the material machined into the part. If you look at the stock part there is a nub where the droop screw hits. Iam going to replace my Tresrey part with a Cream brass part. It has the wing, nub, tid bit.. not sure what to call it.. droop screw rest
Thanks zleader
Could you link me to the Cream brass piece you suggest?
SoCal
__________________
Mugen MBX6 Eco, Kyosho ZX-5 FS2, Team Durango DEX210
Tamiya TB-03, Tamiya M-05 Pro, Associate 18R, Vaterra Kemora
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #7088
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Thanks zleader
Could you link me to the Cream brass piece you suggest?
SoCal
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104735

Hope this works

Hes got some other nice parts too...
__________________
TLR 22
Desc410r
zleader_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #7089
Tech Master
 
Slimsh8t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,127
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Slimsh8t;11021521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Yes Nick ships to US. I ordered 2, 3, 4, and 5 hole, all 1.0 holes. I can open them up myself that way. He seems to only ship once a week, so depending on when you order it may a week or two.


How can I get Nicks info to order from him ?

Thx,
Kevin
Anyone .
__________________
Kevin Murphy
Associated B5m/Reedy
AP Custom Paint/Kal-Gard/
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #7090
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone help me on the parts that go in the bottom of the front hubs?

The 10+10 and 5+5
phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #7091
Tech Master
 
goBezerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: KRCORCC, VIC, AUS
Posts: 1,637
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to goBezerk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips View Post
Can anyone help me on the parts that go in the bottom of the front hubs?

The 10+10 and 5+5
Read this
__________________
► Paul Sims - KRCORCC - BRCCC - TFTR
► R/C racin', 1 percent car, 99 percent driver
► BEZERK RC on Facebook, PayPal accepted
► PROLINE - TEAM AE - GFORCE - R/C Race Supplies
goBezerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #7092
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68
Default

thanks for the picture that helps alot.this buggy is so easy to drive and now i should be faster
zylstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #7093
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Slimsh8t;11056090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post

Anyone .
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72921. You'll have to PM him from the Oople forum. Great pieces though!
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #7094
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Slimsh8t;11056090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post

Anyone .
Email:
nickgurnell@hotmail.co.uk
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #7095
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hellgium
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleader_99 View Post
I am going to rebuild my new to me dex210 to run a local indoor CARPET track. It was pointed out to me by a fellow racer the chassis is tweaked at the front. I have a replacement on order. Can I straighten this to keep as a spare? or will it all ways deform back to the tweaked side. Or should I just get the carbon chassis? how prone to tweaking are they? I can only assume it tweaked over time by running countless laps Counter Clockwise.

When rebuilding shocks should I be running limiters in them for carpet, if so what length? What the difference between limiting the shocks with spaces inside or using the droop screws... Or have missed the point completely, Both change the travel of the arms?
You may want to wait for the RTR chassis to be released. Should be way cheaper than a C/F chassis.

See: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106736

Yellow Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16562 Today 05:07 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:16 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net