Like Tree26Likes

Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #6976
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
2 at the moment.
Randy,
Often contemplated running 2 or 2.5 on the buggy, how do you accomplish that mod?
Also what have u noticed as far as handling characteristics from the change?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #6977
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Randy,
Often contemplated running 2 or 2.5 on the buggy, how do you accomplish that mod?
Tresrey makes a 2 degree aluminum block, I assume that's what he's running. Since it's the only aluminum block we have, it's all we ever run.

Cush rocked his TD/Tresrey +8 210 to a big win today at the Futaba Electric Challenge today after qualifying 4th. He had tq after round 2, but it was beaten in the B qualifier by another +8 210 who just had bad luck in the 1st two rounds. In Q3 Cush was on a ballistic pace to retake tq by about 6 seconds when he got it wrong in a high speed section and popped a ballcup. He cranked it down in the main though and pulled off the win in with a super clean and fast run. His TrakPower/Hobbico teammate took second also running the +8 cf chassis from Tresrey.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #6978
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey I am looking for some non biased opinion's here from people that have gone from the TLR 22 to the DEX210 or vis versa. I currently run a 22 Buggy and its dialed. The car works excellent for me. However, Durango somewhat made me an offer to run there cars and get a good deal on everything.. Why should I switch from my 22? I want to forsure. Just what are some things nice about this buggy besides the unique gearbox does it really drive better than the 22?
Maxthepersonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #6979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fastzach

Hey guys, I am having some difficulties and questions with building my new dex210 kit.

I looked back through this thread, and some of the guys had discussed the diff nut sticking out too far when the diff isnt fully tight, but i have the diff as tight as it will go and the nut is still sticking out too far. Is the spring possibly too long? Also, which side should the head of the diff screw be on in RM4 setup? It looked like the right side (opposite of spur) in the manual, but I have found other mistakes in the manual so I just wanted to make sure. Below is a pic of my tranny. Thanks in advance....

fastzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #6980
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastzach View Post
Hey guys, I am having some difficulties and questions with building my new dex210 kit.

I looked back through this thread, and some of the guys had discussed the diff nut sticking out too far when the diff isnt fully tight, but i have the diff as tight as it will go and the nut is still sticking out too far. Is the spring possibly too long? Also, which side should the head of the diff screw be on in RM4 setup? It looked like the right side (opposite of spur) in the manual, but I have found other mistakes in the manual so I just wanted to make sure. Below is a pic of my tranny. Thanks in advance....

Did you compress the spring before you installed it? Besides that, try tightening it as you break it in- run in each side for 20-30 seconds at a time, slightly tightening each time. Unless something got put in behind the spring there is not much else that can cause it that I can think of.

When we tried RM4 we ran the diff screw on the right side as the manual states and it worked as it's supposed to.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #6981
Tech Regular

what bodies fit the +8 chassis. Running the j concepts right now. Can I just elongate the mount holes. Thanks
scr8pn4205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #6982
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr8pn4205 View Post
what bodies fit the +8 chassis. Running the j concepts right now. Can I just elongate the mount holes. Thanks
You only need to elongate the front hole.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #6983
Tech Elite

Quote:
Velcro No body mounts needed.

Cush swept the weekend taking the overall win at the Futaba Electric Challenge this weekend, which was outdoor Saturday and indoor Sunday, using his TD/Tresrey/Trakpower 210 equipped with the +8 cf chassis. He put on a show that was alot of fun to watch!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #6984
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fastzach

Jonny, thanks for the info, I did compress the spring with pliers before I put it in, so it shouldn't the that. Hoping I can figure out what the deal is :/
fastzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #6985
Tech Regular

What was Cush running for battery, shorty or regular. Very interested in the +8 cf chassis.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #6986
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Velcro No body mounts needed.

Cush swept the weekend taking the overall win at the Futaba Electric Challenge this weekend, which was outdoor Saturday and indoor Sunday, using his TD/Tresrey/Trakpower 210 equipped with the +8 cf chassis. He put on a show that was alot of fun to watch!

Dude you gotta get some vids up, that post is irritating with out moving pictures to it
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #6987
Tech Regular

does he have any setups posted anywhere
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #6988
Tech Elite

Quote:
What was Cush running for battery, shorty or regular. Very interested in the +8 cf chassis.
Trakpower 4400 50c shorty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
Dude you gotta get some vids up, that post is irritating with out moving pictures to it
We only got video of the indoor race- our mom's boyfriend has the vid, I'll see when he can get it up, but they left for vacation straight after the mains ended Sunday. Someone did record the outdoor race, but didn't record Cush at all since he totally drove away from the field. I was pretty bummed by that...

Quote:
does he have any setups posted anywhere
I'll get his up for the car and his DESC410 in the next day or two. The wife is all over me from being at the track from Wednesday through Sunday
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #6989
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastzach View Post

From the looks of it you have the slipper spring in the diff. Pull it out and measure it. Post the length and I will verify.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #6990
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Randy,
Yeah Tresrey rear block. If you need to go up to 3 degrees you can shim it up with washers.

It's a small change but a bit more flatness going through the rough stuff is what I notice most.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote