Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree17Likes

Old 07-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #6841
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnold View Post
Looking at a Reedy 9.5. Would this motor be better in the 210 or 410? The track I run on is pretty small. Thought I would get some ideas. Anyone using this motor?
I use the Reedy 8.5 in my 210 so close. Most people around here use 13.5's in their wheelers
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #6842
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
I use the Reedy 8.5 in my 210 so close. Most people around here use 13.5's in their wheelers
I have been running 8.5 in my 2wd buggy and 6.5 in my 4wd buggy.i usually don't change out motors for track size.i just don't squeeze the trigger really hard when running smaller tracks.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #6843
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default New thread

Started a new thread if anyone wants to discuss setup ideas for running MM on dirt.
Team durango dex210 mid motor thread
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #6844
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Ball cups

Hey guys I'm having issues with ballcups coming off. I've replaced the ones that had some wear on them but curious if boiling them would help or if anyone is using any other than stock. I'ts really confusing because they're a bitch to pop back on by hand once off.

Thx,
Kevin
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #6845
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The Associated ball studs for the TC5 have the standard size ball and 3mm threads. Use those and RPM ball cups, or Lunsford makes a kit, or you can go a page back and learn how to use 22 ball cups.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #6846
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Cool thx
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #6847
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Started a new thread if anyone wants to discuss setup ideas for running MM on dirt.
Team durango dex210 mid motor thread
Not sure why we couldn't keep all the setup combined into one thread like this current one. I see a lot of both worlds in this thread already. Really shouldn't try and spread it out and make it even harder to get feedback from other Dex210 owners.
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #6848
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Took the car out for its first outing. OCRC raceway. Man, it needed some work. I was able to get around without too much pain. Not bad for no rc driving in the last 7 years. Ball cups popped off 5 times. They will be changed. Had an on power push i need to sort out. The suspension needs a bit of tinkering as well. Hadn't driven a rm config to know the diff, but mm felt ok. Didnt like the track as there are severe blind spots where you can't see your car at all. In addition, the SC guys were in full force. Are you not supposed to let off the throttle with Sc or what. Clear to see that most of the guys were bashers, which is cool, but vehicle abuse can be costly. I probably won't g back though. Rude dude behind the counter dissing little kids, too many blind spots on the track, and 30 people on the driver stand showing little courtesy.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #6849
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
The Associated ball studs for the TC5 have the standard size ball and 3mm threads. Use those and RPM ball cups, or Lunsford makes a kit, or you can go a page back and learn how to use 22 ball cups.
+1 for the TC5 studs, I use those and some Jconcepts cups and my car is fine now.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #6850
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 240 (99%+)

Does any one have a video of melting the shock piston holes shut? I am just messin ish up!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #6851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Had a good time yest at the Summit R/C raceway for the Summit Summer Shootout.
Sort of a rough day after barely gettin the car together, but promising. I normally run RM4, but didn't have time to switch from RM3. 1st qual had wrong rear tire choice and some self inflicted bobbles. 2nd qual was bad as I had a reciever issue and didn't even start. 3rd was better. Was first overall but another buggy got into as I tried to pass...missed A by 2 sec.
Won B-main to bump.
Went from last to 4th in a couple of laps, but a few issues with forward grip, traffic, and some driver errors got me to down to 9th.
I will convert to RM4. Buggy was great...all the steering I could want, but just needed a bit more forward grip. Track was very low traction towards the end of the day.

Last edited by kwiksi; 07-16-2012 at 05:09 AM.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #6852
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Took the car out for its first outing. OCRC raceway. Man, it needed some work. I was able to get around without too much pain. Not bad for no rc driving in the last 7 years. Ball cups popped off 5 times. They will be changed. Had an on power push i need to sort out. The suspension needs a bit of tinkering as well. Hadn't driven a rm config to know the diff, but mm felt ok. Didnt like the track as there are severe blind spots where you can't see your car at all. In addition, the SC guys were in full force. Are you not supposed to let off the throttle with Sc or what. Clear to see that most of the guys were bashers, which is cool, but vehicle abuse can be costly. I probably won't g back though. Rude dude behind the counter dissing little kids, too many blind spots on the track, and 30 people on the driver stand showing little courtesy.
That is my local track and I would be glad to help u get it dialed in. I am going to be there today around 2:30 if u want to come down. Just ask one of the guys who work there to show u who I am.
Campbell
Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #6853
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
Not sure why we couldn't keep all the setup combined into one thread like this current one. I see a lot of both worlds in this thread already. Really shouldn't try and spread it out and make it even harder to get feedback from other Dex210 owners.
Was only trying to separate out the thread because most people here run RM and I didn't want to clutter this up with stuff that doesn't pertain to the majority, not to mention that when you start talking MM, usually people start bashing it.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #6854
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
that is strange I have never had a ball cup pop off in the 4 months I have had my buggy. I drive it about 2 times a week and have ripped a ball stud out of the rear hub and trans case and broke a c hub once but never had a ball cup pop off.

Also I have the desc410r for over a year now and have broken countless arms but never popped off a ball cup.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #6855
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperSC82 View Post
that is strange I have never had a ball cup pop off in the 4 months I have had my buggy. I drive it about 2 times a week and have ripped a ball stud out of the rear hub and trans case and broke a c hub once but never had a ball cup pop off.

Also I have the desc410r for over a year now and have broken countless arms but never popped off a ball cup.
I think I can shed some light on this as I too used to say the same thing to my friends that were having trouble when I was not. Then out of the blue mine started popping off, and once they started it wouldn't stop. Then I replaced them and started having the problem immediately with the new ones and then again with another new one. I was really frustrated, so I started reading a bunch and figured out a few things:

Don't pop them off ever once you put them on!
Use the hole in the top with a wrench on each side when u r adjusting your camber. Once they have popped off a few times, they r probably going to start popping off all the time.

When you r putting them together for the first time, don't stick a wrench in the holes to hold them in place while you screw the camber link in. I know it is very tempting, but it will stretch them out and then they r junk.

Some have had success with boiling them. So u can try, but I have found it unnecessary.

Lastly, I think there is just a quality control issue with them, because that is the only way I can explain y I had brand new ones keep popping off. So if u get a bad cup, don't fight it just replace it.

Last edited by Cspurlock; 07-15-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote