R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #6841
Tech Regular
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnold View Post
Looking at a Reedy 9.5. Would this motor be better in the 210 or 410? The track I run on is pretty small. Thought I would get some ideas. Anyone using this motor?
I use the Reedy 8.5 in my 210 so close. Most people around here use 13.5's in their wheelers
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #6842
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,562
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
I use the Reedy 8.5 in my 210 so close. Most people around here use 13.5's in their wheelers
I have been running 8.5 in my 2wd buggy and 6.5 in my 4wd buggy.i usually don't change out motors for track size.i just don't squeeze the trigger really hard when running smaller tracks.
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #6843
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default New thread

Started a new thread if anyone wants to discuss setup ideas for running MM on dirt.
Team durango dex210 mid motor thread
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #6844
Tech Master
 
Slimsh8t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,127
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Ball cups

Hey guys I'm having issues with ballcups coming off. I've replaced the ones that had some wear on them but curious if boiling them would help or if anyone is using any other than stock. I'ts really confusing because they're a bitch to pop back on by hand once off.

Thx,
Kevin
__________________
Kevin Murphy
Associated B5m/Reedy
AP Custom Paint/Kal-Gard/
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #6845
Tech Elite
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,200
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

The Associated ball studs for the TC5 have the standard size ball and 3mm threads. Use those and RPM ball cups, or Lunsford makes a kit, or you can go a page back and learn how to use 22 ball cups.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #6846
Tech Master
 
Slimsh8t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,127
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Cool thx
__________________
Kevin Murphy
Associated B5m/Reedy
AP Custom Paint/Kal-Gard/
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #6847
Tech Regular
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Started a new thread if anyone wants to discuss setup ideas for running MM on dirt.
Team durango dex210 mid motor thread
Not sure why we couldn't keep all the setup combined into one thread like this current one. I see a lot of both worlds in this thread already. Really shouldn't try and spread it out and make it even harder to get feedback from other Dex210 owners.
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #6848
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cali
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Took the car out for its first outing. OCRC raceway. Man, it needed some work. I was able to get around without too much pain. Not bad for no rc driving in the last 7 years. Ball cups popped off 5 times. They will be changed. Had an on power push i need to sort out. The suspension needs a bit of tinkering as well. Hadn't driven a rm config to know the diff, but mm felt ok. Didnt like the track as there are severe blind spots where you can't see your car at all. In addition, the SC guys were in full force. Are you not supposed to let off the throttle with Sc or what. Clear to see that most of the guys were bashers, which is cool, but vehicle abuse can be costly. I probably won't g back though. Rude dude behind the counter dissing little kids, too many blind spots on the track, and 30 people on the driver stand showing little courtesy.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #6849
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth556 View Post
The Associated ball studs for the TC5 have the standard size ball and 3mm threads. Use those and RPM ball cups, or Lunsford makes a kit, or you can go a page back and learn how to use 22 ball cups.
+1 for the TC5 studs, I use those and some Jconcepts cups and my car is fine now.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #6850
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,767
Trader Rating: 240 (99%+)
Default

Does any one have a video of melting the shock piston holes shut? I am just messin ish up!
__________________
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA, Race Ready Products, Garcia Graphix and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #6851
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Had a good time yest at the Summit R/C raceway for the Summit Summer Shootout.
Sort of a rough day after barely gettin the car together, but promising. I normally run RM4, but didn't have time to switch from RM3. 1st qual had wrong rear tire choice and some self inflicted bobbles. 2nd qual was bad as I had a reciever issue and didn't even start. 3rd was better. Was first overall but another buggy got into as I tried to pass...missed A by 2 sec.
Won B-main to bump.
Went from last to 4th in a couple of laps, but a few issues with forward grip, traffic, and some driver errors got me to down to 9th.
I will convert to RM4. Buggy was great...all the steering I could want, but just needed a bit more forward grip. Track was very low traction towards the end of the day.


Last edited by kwiksi; 07-16-2012 at 05:09 AM.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #6852
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Took the car out for its first outing. OCRC raceway. Man, it needed some work. I was able to get around without too much pain. Not bad for no rc driving in the last 7 years. Ball cups popped off 5 times. They will be changed. Had an on power push i need to sort out. The suspension needs a bit of tinkering as well. Hadn't driven a rm config to know the diff, but mm felt ok. Didnt like the track as there are severe blind spots where you can't see your car at all. In addition, the SC guys were in full force. Are you not supposed to let off the throttle with Sc or what. Clear to see that most of the guys were bashers, which is cool, but vehicle abuse can be costly. I probably won't g back though. Rude dude behind the counter dissing little kids, too many blind spots on the track, and 30 people on the driver stand showing little courtesy.
That is my local track and I would be glad to help u get it dialed in. I am going to be there today around 2:30 if u want to come down. Just ask one of the guys who work there to show u who I am.
Campbell
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #6853
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
Not sure why we couldn't keep all the setup combined into one thread like this current one. I see a lot of both worlds in this thread already. Really shouldn't try and spread it out and make it even harder to get feedback from other Dex210 owners.
Was only trying to separate out the thread because most people here run RM and I didn't want to clutter this up with stuff that doesn't pertain to the majority, not to mention that when you start talking MM, usually people start bashing it.
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #6854
Tech Regular
 
hyperSC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cen Cal
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Took the car out for its first outing. OCRC raceway. Man, it needed some work. I was able to get around without too much pain. Not bad for no rc driving in the last 7 years. Ball cups popped off 5 times. They will be changed. Had an on power push i need to sort out. The suspension needs a bit of tinkering as well. Hadn't driven a rm config to know the diff, but mm felt ok. Didnt like the track as there are severe blind spots where you can't see your car at all. In addition, the SC guys were in full force. Are you not supposed to let off the throttle with Sc or what. Clear to see that most of the guys were bashers, which is cool, but vehicle abuse can be costly. I probably won't g back though. Rude dude behind the counter dissing little kids, too many blind spots on the track, and 30 people on the driver stand showing little courtesy.
that is strange I have never had a ball cup pop off in the 4 months I have had my buggy. I drive it about 2 times a week and have ripped a ball stud out of the rear hub and trans case and broke a c hub once but never had a ball cup pop off.

Also I have the desc410r for over a year now and have broken countless arms but never popped off a ball cup.
__________________
Team Durango DESC410 - Viper VTX10R BE, VST550 4.5
hyperSC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #6855
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperSC82 View Post
that is strange I have never had a ball cup pop off in the 4 months I have had my buggy. I drive it about 2 times a week and have ripped a ball stud out of the rear hub and trans case and broke a c hub once but never had a ball cup pop off.

Also I have the desc410r for over a year now and have broken countless arms but never popped off a ball cup.
I think I can shed some light on this as I too used to say the same thing to my friends that were having trouble when I was not. Then out of the blue mine started popping off, and once they started it wouldn't stop. Then I replaced them and started having the problem immediately with the new ones and then again with another new one. I was really frustrated, so I started reading a bunch and figured out a few things:

Don't pop them off ever once you put them on!
Use the hole in the top with a wrench on each side when u r adjusting your camber. Once they have popped off a few times, they r probably going to start popping off all the time.

When you r putting them together for the first time, don't stick a wrench in the holes to hold them in place while you screw the camber link in. I know it is very tempting, but it will stretch them out and then they r junk.

Some have had success with boiling them. So u can try, but I have found it unnecessary.

Lastly, I think there is just a quality control issue with them, because that is the only way I can explain y I had brand new ones keep popping off. So if u get a bad cup, don't fight it just replace it.
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m

Last edited by Cspurlock; 07-15-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16561 Today 03:54 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
coaltrain
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net