R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #6766
Tech Regular
 
hyperSC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cen Cal
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
anyone know when the gear diff will be available again? Everywhere I look its back ordered.
here you go
http://tgndistributing.com/team-dura...et-dex210.html
__________________
Team Durango DESC410 - Viper VTX10R BE, VST550 4.5
hyperSC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #6767
Tech Regular
 
hyperSC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cen Cal
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Oh and TGN has free shipping!
__________________
Team Durango DESC410 - Viper VTX10R BE, VST550 4.5
hyperSC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #6768
Tech Elite
 
ChadRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 2,651
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the link
__________________
ReVtech / Trinity / EAMotorsports

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #6769
Tech Regular
 
hyperSC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cen Cal
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

What oil you guys running in your gear diffs?
__________________
Team Durango DESC410 - Viper VTX10R BE, VST550 4.5
hyperSC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #6770
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Yes, he liked the standard length better indoor for the first outing. We were comparing more than tuning, but it's very possible that the +8 would be a better choice (at least on a larger indoor track like ours) with some tuning. We'll be back at the track next week again and will start trying some stuff out.
Jonny,
What do you feel made the CF chassis better indoor compared with the std chassis? I am a little confused why the switch, if all things being equal other than CF vs Alum, made such a huge improvement. Seems like the flexibility between those 2 materials would be similar so is there any other differences in the chassis that I am not aware of?
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #6771
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,843
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Jonny,
What do you feel made the CF chassis better indoor compared with the std chassis? I am a little confused why the switch, if all things being equal other than CF vs Alum, made such a huge improvement. Seems like the flexibility between those 2 materials would be similar so is there any other differences in the chassis that I am not aware of?
I'm sure weight has something to do with it- the cf chassis is roughly 50g lighter. Cush had plenty of laps on that track with the aluminum chassis and he felt the cf car could be pushed harder- the edge of handling was higher. I could see from where I was watching that it jumped smoother and was less sensitive to missing downsides and landing flat, and didn't chassis slap anymore. If you were local I'd have no problem letting you try it out to see how it feels. I can honestly say that this was the happiest he has been with his cars since he got them, and the 210 is the car that made him really enjoy 2wd buggy.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #6772
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
I'm sure weight has something to do with it- the cf chassis is roughly 50g lighter. Cush had plenty of laps on that track with the aluminum chassis and he felt the cf car could be pushed harder- the edge of handling was higher. I could see from where I was watching that it jumped smoother and was less sensitive to missing downsides and landing flat, and didn't chassis slap anymore. If you were local I'd have no problem letting you try it out to see how it feels. I can honestly say that this was the happiest he has been with his cars since he got them, and the 210 is the car that made him really enjoy 2wd buggy.
Do you think the st trucks longer chassis will be better than the CF version? At the very least it will not flex as much and be as light as the cf?
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #6773
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,843
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Do you think the st trucks longer chassis will be better than the CF version? At the very least it will not flex as much and be as light as the cf?
And assuming that its not even longer. I tried putting a T4 chassis on a B4 once and it was too long to be roar legal. As for the weight, I'm not sure but it's gotta be close.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #6774
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cali
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Wish the undertray was available alone, the kid really likes the JC body. Chassis tape will have to do for now.
Got the undertray only from bugle boy racing.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #6775
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cali
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
anyone know when the gear diff will be available again? Everywhere I look its back ordered.
http://www.tsrproducts.com/index.php...ng-dex210.html
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #6776
Tech Fanatic
 
SLOWINSLOWOUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Kelowna, BC
Posts: 784
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Do you think the st trucks longer chassis will be better than the CF version? At the very least it will not flex as much and be as light as the cf?
How could anyone possibly answer this question? Your question is based on three things that are purely speculative, and asking for a conclusion that it subjective.

A; st chassis in not available yet
B; based on A, how do you know the comparative flex characteristics
C; weight, refer to A
D; better in what regard
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #6777
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
I'm sure weight has something to do with it- the cf chassis is roughly 50g lighter. Cush had plenty of laps on that track with the aluminum chassis and he felt the cf car could be pushed harder- the edge of handling was higher. I could see from where I was watching that it jumped smoother and was less sensitive to missing downsides and landing flat, and didn't chassis slap anymore. If you were local I'd have no problem letting you try it out to see how it feels. I can honestly say that this was the happiest he has been with his cars since he got them, and the 210 is the car that made him really enjoy 2wd buggy.
Thx for the info, it helps me make some decisions.
R u guys running a shorty?
Do u know your full running weight with the new std chassis?
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #6778
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,662
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

The ST chassis is too long for the buggy, by quite a bit. I've been testing a +8 composite chassis from TD and it's been very nice indeed.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #6779
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,843
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Thx for the info, it helps me make some decisions.
R u guys running a shorty?
Do u know your full running weight with the new std chassis?
Yes to the shorty. If I remember right it was 1675g with aluminum rear hubs installed.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #6780
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,480
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The ST chassis is too long for the buggy, by quite a bit. I've been testing a +8 composite chassis from TD and it's been very nice indeed.
Randy
Was that cab forward Durango body you posted some pages back +8? Will the chassis & body be avail anytime soon?
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16570 09-23-2017 03:48 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net