Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
More like $100 for a transponder, unless you get the MRT, but then I think you still need a master for them to clone.

My point is there is no such thing as the "right" balance, especially in bench testing. It's a lot of trial and error, and seeing what you like and what works for how you drive. Moving the battery is usually the first change we make on Cush's buggy, and moving it just one pad in either direction makes a big difference. From the sounds of it your layout will eliminate the ability to tune that way. Leave your options open until you have nailed down something that works for you , then you can finalize everything.
thanks ill try your way i respect your experience looks like ill fuzzy side the movables and put down strips to test n move easily
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
thanks ill try your way i respect your experience looks like ill fuzzy side the movables and put down strips to test n move easily
You might want to try the heavy duty velcro, much more secure.

On another note, I got the standard cf chassis in the mail from Tresrey and it is absolutely beautiful. Perfect in every way- exactly what you would expect from them. I'm working late all week so my rc time is a bit slow this week, but I'll be weighing it all and taking pics as I go along. Should have the +8 by the end of the week and I'll do the same for it as well.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You might want to try the heavy duty velcro, much more secure.

On another note, I got the standard cf chassis in the mail from Tresrey and it is absolutely beautiful. Perfect in every way- exactly what you would expect from them. I'm working late all week so my rc time is a bit slow this week, but I'll be weighing it all and taking pics as I go along. Should have the +8 by the end of the week and I'll do the same for it as well.
oh its defiantly heavy duty i need pliers to get the sticky side off the chassis
Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10912316

great car ...Im going back to nitro...good starter kit
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Any feedback on the +8 carbon fiber chassis? yeh, nay...$139 is steep!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EZSC
Any feedback on the +8 carbon fiber chassis? yeh, nay...$139 is steep!
I should have it either today or tomorrow from Tresrey. We will be testing it and the standard length cf chassis next week. My honey-do list will keep us from the track at all this weekend unfortunately.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

As you guys know I've been trying to get a aluminum +8mm chassis made for a while now and theres been yet another delay, its now mid to end of July The guy working on making them has had 3 cnc's go down in the last 2 months backing them up big time with work, but they should be caught up mid next week. I'm hoping to have the first one running by the 2nd Annual Canadian RC Offroad Championships, on July 27-29 and shipping to others by August.

On another note, I finally got to run my 210 last night (now called the snot rocket due to its ugly flo green body, somehow the previous owner screwed up a one color body, so it looks like a giant booger on the track) and in 4rm it worked very well. it had lots of forward grip and just enough steering, nothing more, making it very stable and easy to drive, the hard you drove it that faster it was. The track layout was really weird, it has no flow, like the long table top in the center had a bump before it so you had to roll it, and the rest of the track wasn't any better, the strait was the best part. I had an ok second run but still didn't qualify good and the main was terrible. I ended up trying to jump the center table top, trying to clear the top of it so it doesn't kick the back end up and it never worked, but I have come to the conclusion that the stock shock towers are very strong. I look forward to running the car again when they fix he track layout to make at least some sense, I hear someone if half done a track in his backyard so we might start running there soon...
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
As you guys know I've been trying to get a aluminum +8mm chassis made for a while now and theres been yet another delay, its now mid to end of July The guy working on making them has had 3 cnc's go down in the last 2 months backing them up big time with work, but they should be caught up mid next week. I'm hoping to have the first one running by the 2nd Annual Canadian RC Offroad Championships, on July 27-29 and shipping to others by August.

On another note, I finally got to run my 210 last night (now called the snot rocket due to its ugly flo green body, somehow the previous owner screwed up a one color body, so it looks like a giant booger on the track) and in 4rm it worked very well. it had lots of forward grip and just enough steering, nothing more, making it very stable and easy to drive, the hard you drove it that faster it was. The track layout was really weird, it has no flow, like the long table top in the center had a bump before it so you had to roll it, and the rest of the track wasn't any better, the strait was the best part. I had an ok second run but still didn't qualify good and the main was terrible. I ended up trying to jump the center table top, trying to clear the top of it so it doesn't kick the back end up and it never worked, but I have come to the conclusion that the stock shock towers are very strong. I look forward to running the car again when they fix he track layout to make at least some sense, I hear someone if half done a track in his backyard so we might start running there soon...
I happen to have one for sale.. It's 1 off and made with carbon braces.. but its dialed.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Who said this build was straight forward????

So not true! It's workable no doubt, but the documentation of just pictures is crazy. I'm getting through it, but having come from building Xray cars and their outstanding documentation this is a definite measure twice and cut once type build. Using the sites is helping though.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Initiate

I should have it either today or tomorrow from Tresrey. We will be testing it and the standard length cf chassis next week. My honey-do list will keep us from the track at all this weekend unfortunately.
Awesome! can't wait.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by damo
So not true! It's workable no doubt, but the documentation of just pictures is crazy. I'm getting through it, but having come from building Xray cars and their outstanding documentation this is a definite measure twice and cut once type build. Using the sites is helping though.
Have you been using the tips and tricks section of the TD website? Many step by step articles are found there.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dexon555
Have you been using the tips and tricks section of the TD website? Many step by step articles are found there.
+1. It's not a build for beginners, but I definitely enjoy the build. The diff is really the only part that needs clarification IMO, and the build guide on the site clears that up nicely.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EZSC
Awesome! can't wait.
Extended chassis in hand now. Huge props to 8-Racing on a nice looking piece - the extensions look like they are out of a factory mold. Can't wait to dive into this project!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

If i were to buy a dex210 kit does it come with a +8mm chassis?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmc5313
If i were to buy a dex210 kit does it come with a +8mm chassis?
nope

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.