Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 06-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #6631
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
Guys , I have a question

I run on lowgrip hardpacked dirt with 4 hole 1.3 pistons in tha back with Losi 22 BB yellow springs.and 30 wt oil

I find the rear shocks to slow, to much pack, to stiff.
I just doesnt feel right.

can you advise me what to do?

back to six hole?
thinner oil?
thicker oil?
less holes?
bigger holes?
if your rear end is too thick then you need thinner oil or bigger/more holes in piston. If you have too much pack then you need bigger/more holes in your pistons and slightly heavier oil to keep the same static dampening.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #6632
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so i just put my reedy 8.5t in and the motor feels smooth spinning by fingers, but when the pinion no matter how tight or loose on the spur it is it feels like its to tight its not smooth at all kinda binding feeling, i have a 22t pinion and a 81t spur is it gear box related or something else , i dont really wanna rip the back end apart again just because one screw needs to be looser
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #6633
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6 View Post
so i just put my reedy 8.5t in and the motor feels smooth spinning by fingers, but when the pinion no matter how tight or loose on the spur it is it feels like its to tight its not smooth at all kinda binding feeling, i have a 22t pinion and a 81t spur is it gear box related or something else , i dont really wanna rip the back end apart again just because one screw needs to be looser
You may have the gearbox screws that go into the motor plate done up too tight, loosen each an eigth of a turn (might have to do this more than once) and see if it frees up.

My gerabox binds badly if the screws are firmed up - they need nearly half a turn out to have the gearbox spin nicely. I use threadlock just as insurance.

Cheers
mister_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #6634
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone else grenade that 5x8 bearing in the tranny? I am running RM 3 and last night mine imploded. Only the outer ring was left, no balls or nothing. Just wondering if people are upgrading this bearing and what with, if not how often should I expect it to happen?
jackcarter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #6635
Tech Master

Hi guys

Can someone post me a link for the 8-racing +8mm carbon chassic I want to buy one and can't find it any were

Thanks Jim
tamiya tao2 gt4,fav,bear hawk,team associated sc10, b4.1, sc18, tc5r,t4 j82. cougar sv pro dirt spec durango dex210 cat sx3 Schumacher k1 tekin gen2 d3.5 17.5 X-ray 808e xray xb9 13 spec os speed 21xz-b spec2
durango 410darc spec orion r10 pro orion vst
sponsored by habib's bodies
jimkoimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #6636
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkoimanis View Post
Hi guys

Can someone post me a link for the 8-racing +8mm carbon chassic I want to buy one and can't find it any were

Thanks Jim
Here you go..

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...G98tQ6zRxc-IPw
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #6637
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
I saw one on eBay for $70 should of got it. For $140 i'll never get to use it.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #6638
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Raul,
The link you gave doesn't go directly to the chasis, can you post one that goes to it because I can't find it either? I can find the CF chasis, but it says nothing about being +8mm, and would hate to spend $140 to find it was std length
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #6639
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Raul,
The link you gave doesn't go directly to the chasis, can you post one that goes to it because I can't find it either? I can find the CF chasis, but it says nothing about being +8mm, and would hate to spend $140 to find it was std length
Plus 8's are officially here yet. That's where you have to look when they are available.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #6640
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006

So far I'm impressed with the buggy after a couple race days under it

IMO the buggy feels out of the box a lot smoother in MM setup than RM setup, still running factory spring setup Losi 25 up front and 20 rear w/ 4 hole 1.3s all the way around

Pic w/ my new Finnisher body:
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #6641
P6
Tech Addict

i dont have a scale that goes over 160g so im finding it dificult to get the left to right weight per tire and front to back ,, shortys 200g, servo 53g, esc 73g, receiver 10g, motor 185g,,, i can put the esc in front of the battery with a foam spacer or on the side but then i would think the receiver side would be off ,, maybe im trying to make it to perfect but i do want perfect balance for better handling ,, thanks the rc world and especially dex owners are great u guy have helped me alot already i really appreciate it ,, any tips?

Last edited by P6; 06-24-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #6642
P6
Tech Addict

i have cardboard squares cut to the sizes and it actually all fits in the battery area if i go front to back servo esc battery receiver with maybe 4-7mm play for foam then motor in rm3 so its hanging to the left , would this be good to even the left to right weight
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #6643
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Raul,
That is the standard length. The +8 chassis won't be available in the US for another 2 weeks. They will be up on the website for pre-order this week though.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #6644
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6 View Post
i have cardboard squares cut to the sizes and it actually all fits in the battery area if i go front to back servo esc battery receiver with maybe 4-7mm play for foam then motor in rm3 so its hanging to the left , would this be good to even the left to right weight
Well I have mine set up similarly, with the esc in the back, behind the battery, rx, and esc switch(viper) on right side(11g), mylaps pt and glitch cap on left side(10g). running rm4, so motor off set to right, I am 14g higher on the right side.

That works out to less than a half turn difference side to side on the spring preload adjuster to set the tweak. I think it will do.

This car does need a diet though, with a full size lipo, it comes in at over 1700g!!! And that is with a 3.5g rx, the small pt, and low profile servo. Got to get shorty battery-119g less, then carbon chassis, -60g less, dont know where else can save weight, maybe a Tekin RS, its about 17g lighter than the Viper vtx10. Dont think there is much to save with the carbon towers, will let you all know when they get here, also have some ti turn buckles coming. Would like to get car under roar weight limit of 1500g.
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #6645
P6
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT View Post
Well I have mine set up similarly, with the esc in the back, behind the battery, rx, and esc switch(viper) on right side(11g), mylaps pt and glitch cap on left side(10g). running rm4, so motor off set to right, I am 14g higher on the right side.

That works out to less than a half turn difference side to side on the spring preload adjuster to set the tweak. I think it will do.

This car does need a diet though, with a full size lipo, it comes in at over 1700g!!! And that is with a 3.5g rx, the small pt, and low profile servo. Got to get shorty battery-119g less, then carbon chassis, -60g less, dont know where else can save weight, maybe a Tekin RS, its about 17g lighter than the Viper vtx10. Dont think there is much to save with the carbon towers, will let you all know when they get here, also have some ti turn buckles coming. Would like to get car under roar weight limit of 1500g.
whats the car weigh no electronics , im thinking everything in center would help it in the turns for body roll then i would have to reorginize for the front to back weight , but alot of people run the shorys close to the front so the 73g esc then shorty behind it would be pretty close to that and the reciever is the lightest so throw that in back to take a little off the rear , the esc i have wont fit under the brace with the fan on it but i gotta temp it to see if ill even need the fan then i can move it around a bit more to see how i like it ,, i might even put down velcro on the while thing just to move things easier and test