R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #6406
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Raul, have you run the extended cf chassis yet? Also anyone has their hands on a composite chassis? Did Randy get to run his yet?
Aloksatoor, nothing to report back as of yet.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #6407
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Here's my setup sheet from this past Sat. Traction was low when dry to med at best when watered. Lap times in low 40 sec range!
Thanx Arno!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle

Last edited by kwiksi; 06-05-2012 at 03:46 AM.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #6408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

8 Racing (Martin) has confirmed he is almost finished with the first batch of +8 chassis (Carbon Fiber). So look for Raul, Cush, and Steve to be testing them on thier cars soon.

Also look for some more Tresrey parts coming soon! Lets get these cars dialed!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #6409
Tech Champion

Dave I just sent a email. Check it...
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #6410
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

RAUL....Is your track size description a technical term. LoL. HUGE!!

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #6411
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
RAUL....Is your track size description a technical term. LoL. HUGE!!
I saw that. I have track envy. Largest track in my area is 200x120. They don't run 1/10 buggies though. I might have to make a trip ..

Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #6412
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
8 Racing (Martin) has confirmed he is almost finished with the first batch of +8 chassis (Carbon Fiber). So look for Raul, Cush, and Steve to be testing them on thier cars soon.

Also look for some more Tresrey parts coming soon! Lets get these cars dialed!!!!!!
Can't wait for the details on the +8 chassis. Would love to start running it.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #6413
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Can't wait for the details on the +8 chassis. Would love to start running it.
Welcome back Alex.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #6414
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
I saw Hupos setup was MM on low grip, might have been a typo but Im thinking I might try it. I have a very soft setup on my MM buggy so if I loosen up the slipper it might be ok.

Hows the driving styles from MM to RM anyone explain it well.

Next weekend will be my 2nd race on loose dirt/gravel, the first one did not go well spinning out all the time and having to drive real slow but I do want to try it again.

Heres the track that I ran on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKr0...eature=related

Tips.
MM battery forward or back?
RM batt F or B
Extra weight anywhere?
I have been running MM4 on med grip clay for a couple of months and can give you a few tips.

Tip 1- Don't listen to people that tell you it will never work. Try it yourself and make your own decision. If I listened to all the haters I would have never bought the Durango because I was told I wouldn't be able to get it to work at our track. Then after I did, my friends started buying them. Then I was told I couldn't get mid motor to work. Now that I clearly have gotten it to work, people are slowly changing their opinions. I'm not saying that it is better than RM, I am saying you can get it to work on med bite clay. So if you want to try it, just put your ear plugs in and go to work.

Tip 2- refer to tip 1

Tip 3- Don't take setup advise for MM on this car from people that aren't giving their own personal setup experience with running it. I have seen my own setup misquoted twice in this thread by others.

PM me for help if you want it.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #6415
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:

Cool lets hope its rear hubs with oversize bearings!! And yeah front hexes please if someone is listening!! All I had happen to my stock rears is a ball stud being ripped out clean from the plastic and cost me a good finish!!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #6416
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
Here's my setup sheet from this past Sat. Traction was low when dry to med at best when watered. Lap times in low 40 sec range!
Thanx Arno!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...603/index.html

Oh Stateline.... Place was brutal. Broke my 210 d/t poor driving and the fact it looked cool 40ft in the air...... Lol. I did however a-main 4wd SC.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #6417
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
Oh Stateline.... Place was brutal. Broke my 210 d/t poor driving and the fact it looked cool 40ft in the air...... Lol. I did however a-main 4wd SC.
What did you break? Did you have parts? I saw maybe 2 other Dango's there. Wonder which was yours. Don't hesitate to see me if you ever need some help if we're ever at the same track. Mod was tough class to be in. I normally don't run stock, but being away for almost 6 mo. I figured stock would be good to knock some rust off. Clearing those 1/8 jumps was brutal! I saw more broken B4's than anything else! Lol.

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #6418
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Welcome back Alex.
Never really left, just took a small break. Need to get another SPGT2.0 Pro for it now and I'll be good to go.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #6419
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
What did you break? Did you have parts? I saw maybe 2 other Dango's there. Wonder which was yours. Don't hesitate to see me if you ever need some help if we're ever at the same track. Mod was tough class to be in. I normally don't run stock, but being away for almost 6 mo. I figured stock would be good to knock some rust off. Clearing those 1/8 jumps was brutal! I saw more broken B4's than anything else! Lol.
I was running a finnisher body... Orange blue white and yellow.... Couldn't miss it. I was hitting those big jumps very aggressive. Nothing actually broke but popped off.... Rear ball cups and actually popped both rear lower shocks at the same time.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #6420
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:

We are very excited about this new chassis. With two identical cars Cush will be able to run back to back on our indoor and outdoor tracks for instant feedback on the chassis alone, then we'll begin tuning the long chassis. Thus far no adjustments have been necessary except for tires and gearing on his outdoor buggy, but our outdoor has been very smooth with great traction. He was able to get a very nice TQ and win club racing this past Saturday with it and the buggy was great all day.