Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

I run outdoors hardpacked dirt.
we always run a front tire like jconcepts rips. front tire with ribs.

but when the raceline is clean of dust and such, there is a slight upcoming blue groove, what front tire shall I try?

AKA rebar front?
proline scrubs?
proline suburbs front?
JC barcodes ?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mesa80
Hey guys ran my first two wheel drive race yesterday very diffrent driving style then my dex410 people say 2wd is harder i dont agree buggie very nice flow to it just need to get rid of the push would like some set up advice for a very tight technical track the only problem i had was i burnet up my diff and built step by step with video so i purchased the gear diff thinking of running 5000 any advice on fluid weight and laid my shocks all the way in to try to help with push beacuse dont have any springs yet runnins saddle packs one all the to servo and other all the way back RM3 i know i can TQ if i can level it out to pitch equally so what springs do you guys recomend
My brain hurts after reading that. Where's your question?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meddman
My wheel screw keeps turning inside the hubs when trying to take front wheel off. Took off hub and both screws are turning on each end of axle. I can get axle out of holder. Any advice?

Sounds like the screw on the inside of the steering hubs didn't get tightened or came loose when running. Make sure you use locktite on the threads of the inside screw.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mesa80
Hey guys ran my first two wheel drive race yesterday very diffrent driving style then my dex410 people say 2wd is harder i dont agree buggie very nice flow to it just need to get rid of the push would like some set up advice for a very tight technical track the only problem i had was i burnet up my diff and built step by step with video so i purchased the gear diff thinking of running 5000 any advice on fluid weight and laid my shocks all the way in to try to help with push beacuse dont have any springs yet runnins saddle packs one all the to servo and other all the way back RM3 i know i can TQ if i can level it out to pitch equally so what springs do you guys recomend
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
My brain hurts after reading that. Where's your question?
I think I found 3 questions.

1) How to get better off power steering with stock springs?
2) What diff oil is recommended for the new gear diff option?
3) What shock oil is recommended for a base setup with stock springs?

But no where did I find traction and surface type.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123

but when the raceline is clean of dust and such, there is a slight upcoming blue groove, what front tire shall I try?

AKA rebar front?
proline scrubs?
proline suburbs front?
JC barcodes ?
Supersoft panther bobcat with roja speedkicks. Works every time. Do not like the SS AKA never could get it to work on my track, pushes everytime. I have tried scrubs they work well in that situation too but just like the panther more. If its too loose then I used worn out rips in green.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What spur do people run running a 13.5 motor? I'll definitly have some boost on a big clay track
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
I think I found 3 questions.

1) How to get better off power steering with stock springs?
2) What diff oil is recommended for the new gear diff option?
3) What shock oil is recommended for a base setup with stock springs?

But no where did I find traction and surface type.
med traction out door clay
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Supersoft panther bobcat with roja speedkicks. Works every time. Do not like the SS AKA never could get it to work on my track, pushes everytime. I have tried scrubs they work well in that situation too but just like the panther more. If its too loose then I used worn out rips in green.
Ah lol, just ordered the AKA rebars ( soft ), my shop doesnt carry panther tires.

proline scrubs and JC barcodes seems to low profile for me, and from the looks the double side rails on the AKA should provide enough support in cornering.

rear tires I have no problems. always JC for me, either the double dees or the flip-outs or the barcodes.

o jeah gotta love an out door track, grip is never the same
Old 06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Ah lol, just ordered the AKA rebars ( soft ), my shop doesnt carry panther tires.

proline scrubs and JC barcodes seems to low profile for me, and from the looks the double side rails on the AKA should provide enough support in cornering.

rear tires I have no problems. always JC for me, either the double dees or the flip-outs or the barcodes.

o jeah gotta love an out door track, grip is never the same
might work for you. The AKAs I got I tried everything, softer springs, more traction compound they still pushed. The JC and panthers just worked.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Here in the Netherlands the tracks can be killing.

Last week I was at the Dutch/Belgium nats, and the track was treated with soiltack.
Grip was awsome, unlikely what you would expect. And that would be low grip dusty blown out.
Controlled tire was the proline caliber m3 or m4. So i was preped for the worse.
But with that soiltack I was on rails but it ate my tires in a few runs on the downside.

Normaly such track without the soiltack is a holeshot or double dee the better tire.

in the morning its damp, cold and soft, in the afternoon its hard as concrete, dry hot and almost blue groove.
And in between when the track is drying up there could be no grip at all. Jumps are covered with carpet to prevent eroding,
but has a complete other grip level then the hardpacked dirt. Tricky :-)

And in 99% the front tire is always a "rib" kinda tire.
Id thought to try something else for the "afternoon high grip" situations.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

AKA rebar front?
proline scrubs?
proline suburbs front?
JC barcodes ?
scrubs or barcodes. track should be able to tell you what tire to run on any given day.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meddman
My wheel screw keeps turning inside the hubs when trying to take front wheel off. Took off hub and both screws are turning on each end of axle. I can get axle out of holder. Any advice?
If you can. Disassemble the front end and thread lock with blue not red, the screw that goes into the back of the axle. It sounds like you've got some stripping going on, and unfortunately those parts are still on backorder.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is anybody running gear diff in their dex210 rear motor? Is it good or should i stay for the Balldiff?

Cheers & greets from switzerland
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I think a better option would be a +8mm molded chassis, the car is heavy enough as it is. It does look good though, but take into account pricing. A new Metal chassis is $30.00 bucks, if you can come in under that price point for what you have, I think you might have a winner. But try to lighten it, not make it heavier.
I spoke to the guys at BCE and they are already nearly done with a prototype +8mm chassis for the buggy, likely around $60 or so.

Go post on their facebook page that you are interested, the more people that do will probably motivate them to get it done faster

https://www.facebook.com/BCESpeed
Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How many are running the battery all the way forward as opposed to all
the way back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.