Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #6316
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc View Post
Do you recommend the Pro Driver's kit or just the Carbide balls from B-fast?
I just ordered the treated diff rings and carbide balls. It's been a very excellent investment. If I do order a thrust race assembly it will be through B-Fast as well. The guy makes quality stuff. Still have a perfectly brand new set of stock diff rings and balls that I probably will never use.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #6317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
For $8.00 shipped I can wait until OC/RC starts getting them in stock next week. My car is a tank, I havent broken a thing.
I have my spare on the buggy now, just hope not to break until other sites get them in, along with other parts for my DESC410r.

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #6318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Yep, that's where mine has been almost since initial build. I picked up an sc10 foam pad for the rear..
Attachment 929193
Nice layout I have the same now except the esc is way fatter than the tekin so it sits underneath . I too have shorty all way fwd.

No noticeable loss of fwd/side traction but I had to put softer rear springs (lt blue) else the right height would not be proper.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #6319
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Nice layout I have the same now except the esc is way fatter than the tekin so it sits underneath . I too have shorty all way fwd.

No noticeable loss of fwd/side traction but I had to put softer rear springs (lt blue) else the right height would not be proper.
Did you fab the esc tray yourself?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #6320
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO

Just got an email from 8-racing and they are planning on selling a +8mm version of their CF chassis. It will be made available on their online store tomorrow http://www.8-racing.de/. Maybe Tresrey USA will get a hold of some for us. They also mentioned some +8mm parts, not sure exactly what.

So if you got the $$ and like CF-anything, head their way or wait for TD to release their composite +8mm.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #6321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Yep, that's where mine has been almost since initial build. I picked up an sc10 foam pad for the rear..
Attachment 929193
Our layout is very similar. GT2.0 pro all the way back in the middle, Cream battery stop weight up front, shorty all the way forward, and used the old plastic battery stop to hold in the rear of the battery (with some new holes drilled). 3 pads of adjustment for the battery to move fore/aft.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #6322
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wasn't able to run the shorty all the way forward. However, I run on a loose outdoor track and could not get enough rear traction. I have it around the middle now and feel that it's the best compromise so far between steering and traction. I still feel an overall lack of steering though. I'm running stock springs currently so I'm looking to order a couple softer sets for the front and a couple stiffer sets for the rear.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #6323
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsawyers9 View Post
I wasn't able to run the shorty all the way forward. However, I run on a loose outdoor track and could not get enough rear traction. I have it around the middle now and feel that it's the best compromise so far between steering and traction. I still feel an overall lack of steering though. I'm running stock springs currently so I'm looking to order a couple softer sets for the front and a couple stiffer sets for the rear.
Make sure to get a set of dark green fronts, and dark blue for the rear.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #6324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Just got an email from 8-racing and they are planning on selling a +8mm version of their CF chassis. It will be made available on their online store tomorrow http://www.8-racing.de/. Maybe Tresrey USA will get a hold of some for us. They also mentioned some +8mm parts, not sure exactly what.

So if you got the $$ and like CF-anything, head their way or wait for TD to release their composite +8mm.
Waiting for the composite, had too many problems with CF in the past. I like my car on the heavier side, keeps it on the ground better then other cars. Not even sure if I will switch away from the stock chassis until I find someone who has the composite and drive it. Everyone who has driven my car so far has loved it. Plus I bet that chassis will cost a pantload.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #6325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Waiting for the composite, had too many problems with CF in the past. I like my car on the heavier side, keeps it on the ground better then other cars. Not even sure if I will switch away from the stock chassis until I find someone who has the composite and drive it. Everyone who has driven my car so far has loved it. Plus I bet that chassis will cost a pantload.
yeah the regular cf is the cost of a used b4.1. I think its because of the conversion rate... Someone local should be able to do it under a 100 then I am in....
Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #6326
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some of you guys know about the +8mm chassis I'm working on. As of now I have a waiting list for them, if you want one I can put you on the list when they're available and I won't be asking for money up front, its just to gauge interest. Unfortunatly my machinist won't have a machine free to make them until the end of the month They'll be bare aluminum and will be $50 for those on the list. I've been looking at the possibility of getting them hard coated and it looks like I can get it done, but I basically will need to get at least 50 done at once. Naturally the cost will be a bit more but I think it will be worth it. As of now its looking like I'll be selling them for $65 after they're hard coated and will have a few just bare aluminum for those that don't want them coated (very limited amounts, probably no more then how ever many want them on the waiting list) If your interested send me a pm and you'll get on the list for the discounted rates.
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #6327
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208

New body. nothing crazy just simple
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-dex210.jpg  
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #6328
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
New body. nothing crazy just simple
Still looks damn good. I have 3 people at my track getting ready to switch after driving mine, 2 AE dudes, and another guy who just plunked down $300+ for the new RB5.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #6329
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Still looks damn good. I have 3 people at my track getting ready to switch after driving mine, 2 AE dudes, and another guy who just plunked down $300+ for the new RB5.
... Really? Do you have anything good to say about the rb5? Geeze... After all of your diff upgrades, and tresrey items your in a deeper hole. Durango is not that far from $300, their parts aren't that cheap either. What tracks are you at in LB?
umm winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #6330
Tech Fanatic

Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit

Hey lads. Can someone please answer me this.. Why is the stock rear shock shaft is 55mm in length but the option shafts are 52mm.. This would mean that the front and rear shocks of the 210 are the same as the 410 yeah?

Last edited by autocadsteve197; 06-02-2012 at 07:55 AM.
autocadsteve197 is offline   Reply With Quote