Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #6271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Hypocrisy comes in all forms....especially in troll form:

Viper RC -

Practice what you preach "ya lazy biatch."
yeh, and I found my answer 12mins after I posted my question after not being able to find it initially on their website description.

anyway, you want to me download the manual for ya?

it's prob easier just downloading the exploded diagram, which should take a few seconds. Unless your busy......
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #6272
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
yeh, and I found my answer 12mins after I posted my question after not being able to find it initially on their website description.

anyway, you want to me download the manual for ya?
Good for you, but you still posted the question, didn't ya? Yeah instead of trolling and not having anything productive to post when other people have questions or need help....don't post at all.

End of conversation....sorry fellas for going off topic.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 AM   #6273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Savox doesn't hold a candle to hitec.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #6274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
What's the part number for the regular bore orings? I'm almost done with my build and all I have left to do are the shocks. I'm assuming these are the same shocks used on the DESC410R which I have no problem with leaks. Are other 210 owners experiencing shock leakage from the bottom seals AND cap seals?
#TD330028- sorry missed your question yesterday.
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #6275
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Good for you, but you still posted the question, didn't ya? Yeah instead of trolling and not having anything productive to post when other people have questions or need help....don't post at all.

End of conversation....sorry fellas for going off topic.
+1

If you don't have anything productive to add, go crawl back under the rock you came from .
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #6276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

No that particular low profile servo you mentioned is mostly for on road cars or with servo savers as jp said (not sure for 1/12 but 1/10 definately). The gears are not strong enough.

I LOVE SAVOX servos best bang for buck in the market (if you can stand the noise). As I said blindly buy the savox 1258/1257 models and be set!!. They rock.

I have never broken a 1258 even with whacks which would have broken lesser servos. I have had the 1258 in an xray 808e (with saver of course now moved to 1267), in the durango SC (without servo saver), cat sx2 (no saver), cougar sv/sv2 (no saver) never broken yet while I have broken ball cups on the track rod spindles/carriers etc...

If money is no object, lots of racers on my track are moving from savox to radiopost servos specs for torque and all are on par but the thing is silent as a cat. Has some robot actuator technology or something. Frankly I did not see a need, if I want blazing speed 1257, if torque 1258, if both the high voltage 1267 (7.4V 0.09 and close to 300 torques).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnold View Post
So are you more a fan of the Savox servos over the Hitech? I first was thinking about the Hitech ti servo. A little pricey but since I have the servo horns (and spares) plus already use them in other trucks I thought that was the way to go. Just never knew about these low pro servos and thought I should ask. Are they even worth looking into?

Savox do seem a lot cheaper though and might be worth considering switching?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #6277
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

love my Savox in the 210 have had no probs with it, i also run a JR 9000T in my 1/8 buggy it is going on 10years old and has been in 4 1/8 buggies and MT still strong albe it a bit slower than new
Tunatsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #6278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Savox doesn't hold a candle to hitec.
agreed i am real happy with all my 7955tg's new miss a beat and no interferance with other electronics
Old 05-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #6279
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok... I have a b4.1 WE with kyosho BB's and all the good stuff. Its fast but ive been eyeing the 210 since it came out.

Any comments from people that ran both the AE car and TD are appreciated.

Seriously thinking about switching
phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #6280
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips View Post
ok... I have a b4.1 WE with kyosho BB's and all the good stuff. Its fast but ive been eyeing the 210 since it came out.

Any comments from people that ran both the AE car and TD are appreciated.

Seriously thinking about switching
I have both.

The DEX210 is an amazing car. The innovation and features built into the Team Durango cars are far better than the basic no thrills found in the 22 and B4.1.

As far as setup, you can still do the same things with the B4.1, but the 210 allows you to do those setup changes quicker and easier, and you have way more chassis tuning options out of the box.

-The B4.1 is lighter by ~120g.
-Most hobby shops don't carry TD parts, but parts availability is a lot better now that Great Planes is Durango's USA distributor.
-Both cars I needed to change the ball cups out completely.
-The 210 has very minimal slop out of the box, and has kept that same amount for me after a lot of track time. The B4.1 has a ton of slop out of the box (for me it did), especially in the WC rear hubs. I've shimmed every hinge pin and still have too much.

I'm faster now with the B4.1, but I feel that's mainly down to the tire choices I was making with the 210, and not having enough practice and time in building a setup for the 210.

For me, both cars drive completely different. The 210 is a very planted car out of the box, and is easily competitive with the box setup. The B4.1 is very easy to drive, but it's not as forgiving as the 210 when you mess up. For me, the 210 got faster the harder you pushed. The B4.1 I've found likes to be in a certain range, and if you push out of that range it's harder to recover.

My two cents. Everything is based on personal experience driving more than one of each car.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #6281
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default new to dex210

so i have a 1257 in the wish list from amain im thinking a lrp sxx with reedy and a 2.4ghz traxxas receiver since i wanna use the same control until i decide to upgrade, should i look into another motor esc combo like maybe hobbywing or would that be good for this buggy and what gearing ,any tips or experience is appreciated including setup sheets
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #6282
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Don't buy that servo (1251 low pro). I had that in the cougar and it broke very quickly. The gears strip too easily. Instead put a little more $$ and get the 1258/1257 savox way better titanium geared servos. None have given any sort of trouble after 6 months!!!
because you had a bad experiance, this servo is bad ??????

I have been running this 1251 from last november on astro/carpet/dirt. and the servo is still as new.
I see this servo pop up all around me in a lot of buggy's. And I do not know about any bad experiences except yours

I do not know if it is the best, but I do not see other low-profile servo's poping up like this one, so it is a popular choice for sure
Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #6283
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Don't buy that servo (1251 low pro). I had that in the cougar and it broke very quickly. The gears strip too easily. Instead put a little more $$ and get the 1258/1257 savox way better titanium geared servos. None have given any sort of trouble after 6 months!!!
I had the same issue with that servo in my Cougar (the gears broke 4 times before I installed a Tamiya Servo Saver)

Now I've had that servo in my DEX210 with No Servo Saver and No issues since November.

I'm thinking the steering setup must be better on the DEX210 since the servo gears never seem to break anymore.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #6284
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
I have both.

The DEX210 is an amazing car. The innovation and features built into the Team Durango cars are far better than the basic no thrills found in the 22 and B4.1.

As far as setup, you can still do the same things with the B4.1, but the 210 allows you to do those setup changes quicker and easier, and you have way more chassis tuning options out of the box.

-The B4.1 is lighter by ~120g.
-Most hobby shops don't carry TD parts, but parts availability is a lot better now that Great Planes is Durango's USA distributor.
-Both cars I needed to change the ball cups out completely.
-The 210 has very minimal slop out of the box, and has kept that same amount for me after a lot of track time. The B4.1 has a ton of slop out of the box (for me it did), especially in the WC rear hubs. I've shimmed every hinge pin and still have too much.

I'm faster now with the B4.1, but I feel that's mainly down to the tire choices I was making with the 210, and not having enough practice and time in building a setup for the 210.

For me, both cars drive completely different. The 210 is a very planted car out of the box, and is easily competitive with the box setup. The B4.1 is very easy to drive, but it's not as forgiving as the 210 when you mess up. For me, the 210 got faster the harder you pushed. The B4.1 I've found likes to be in a certain range, and if you push out of that range it's harder to recover.

My two cents. Everything is based on personal experience driving more than one of each car.
+1 for everything you said, and will raise you that it is also better (for me) then an RB5 SP2 w/big bores.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 05-30-2012 at 08:58 AM.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #6285
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks man, i think im gonna get one and try it out
phillips is offline   Reply With Quote