R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #6196
Tech Master
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default

I finally started my build and have a couple of questions:

For guys using the TLR 22 aluminum servo arm, are you able to still use the stock 3x6mm screw that attaches to the horn arm? Mine won't screw in and it the horn seems to be threaded for standard.



Also, for the Cap America bump steer mod, the end of the inner ball stud still sticks out of the lock nut even after placing a 1mm spacer under the ball stud. I ended up using the stock lock nut. Is that ok or do i need to raise the ball stud higher?
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #6197
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
I finally started my build and have a couple of questions:

For guys using the TLR 22 aluminum servo arm, are you able to still use the stock 3x6mm screw that attaches to the horn arm? Mine won't screw in and it the horn seems to be threaded for standard.



Also, for the Cap America bump steer mod, the end of the inner ball stud still sticks out of the lock nut even after placing a 1mm spacer under the ball stud. I ended up using the stock lock nut. Is that ok or do i need to raise the ball stud higher?
I noticed the same thing with the servo horn- seems odd since the 22 is a metric car... I just ran a 3mm tap through it. Dab of loctite and it's all good.

Someone else will have to chime in on the steering rack mod- we're still running stock configuration.
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #6198
Tech Apprentice
 
Cream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Another new item for anyone that's interested for the DEX210,

I've produced both a mammoth brass version weighing in at 64g and a lighter 22g high tensile aluminuim version.



Both are identical in design, retaining the droop screw stops and adding a hinge pin lock.



Prices are

Brass 25.00

Aluminium 22.00





Postage is....


U.K. 2.35 recorded

Europe 8.45 recorded (2.70 un-recorded @ your risk)

non European countries 8.95 (3.30 un-recorded @ your risk)



Payment is via paypal as a gift or add 4% of total order inc. delivery to cover paypal charges.

Check out my feedback on http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19612 if you have any concerns.
__________________
Cream Extreme R.C.

http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #6199
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,376
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Another new item for anyone that's interested for the DEX210,

I've produced both a mammoth brass version weighing in at 64g and a lighter 22g high tensile aluminuim version.



Both are identical in design, retaining the droop screw stops and adding a hinge pin lock.



Prices are

Brass 25.00

Aluminium 22.00





Postage is....


U.K. 2.35 recorded

Europe 8.45 recorded (2.70 un-recorded @ your risk)

non European countries 8.95 (3.30 un-recorded @ your risk)



Payment is via paypal as a gift or add 4% of total order inc. delivery to cover paypal charges.

Check out my feedback on http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19612 if you have any concerns.
Nice work Noel, amazing workmanship once again..are these going to be available thorough Tresrey USA
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #6200
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Weird I used a drill to put the screw in the tlr22 horn and it stuck proper. Maybe an old batch? Anyways for the capt america mod, you should use a shorter ball stud with a non lock tite nut for safe clearance. I have all lunsford buckles cups with losi 6mm 4.8 ball studs. The durango is not really 4.8 mm so had to change out to losi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
I finally started my build and have a couple of questions:

For guys using the TLR 22 aluminum servo arm, are you able to still use the stock 3x6mm screw that attaches to the horn arm? Mine won't screw in and it the horn seems to be threaded for standard.



Also, for the Cap America bump steer mod, the end of the inner ball stud still sticks out of the lock nut even after placing a 1mm spacer under the ball stud. I ended up using the stock lock nut. Is that ok or do i need to raise the ball stud higher?
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #6201
Tech Apprentice
 
Cream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Nice work Noel, amazing workmanship once again..are these going to be available thorough Tresrey USA
No not at the moment, These are the first batch. Kind of a market tester
__________________
Cream Extreme R.C.

http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #6202
Tech Master
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Weird I used a drill to put the screw in the tlr22 horn and it stuck proper. Maybe an old batch? Anyways for the capt america mod, you should use a shorter ball stud with a non lock tite nut for safe clearance. I have all lunsford buckles cups with losi 6mm 4.8 ball studs. The durango is not really 4.8 mm so had to change out to losi.
Since I don't have the Lunsford's, maybe I should just use a dremel and cut off the exposed screw threads that stick out of the lock nut?


Thanks
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #6203
Tech Addict
 
jackcarter3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Truckee, California
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

may be dating myself here..... just got done skimming this whole thread and noticed a lot of 'seasoned' r/c vets had trouble with the build and complained of poor instructions. i am not saying i had no issues or had to stare at things a little longer than normal and no this build isn't as easy as a b4 but, how many of you succesfully built a schumacher cat in the late 80's? i dont think a company has ever put out a worse manual than that. and these are cars for experienced r/c people, not newbs. anyway, end of rant......
jackcarter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #6204
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Since I don't have the Lunsford's, maybe I should just use a dremel and cut off the exposed screw threads that stick out of the lock nut?


Thanks
Yep should work . I would use a sander myself horrible with hand held tools .
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #6205
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Neat new item.

http://www.tresrey.com/tresrey/produ...td080_eng.html
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #6206
Tech Fanatic
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Who doesn't like a little radial cooling?
__________________
Tresrey Spec DEX410 - Yaiba Spec B5M
Konich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #6207
Tech Master
 
FrEaKiShTuNER's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 1,946
Trader Rating: 200 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
Who doesn't like a little radial cooling?
Function and looks!! hard to beat..
__________________
~AdamQ~
**Lower feedback ships first**
FrEaKiShTuNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #6208
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
Who doesn't like a little radial cooling?
So does the button screw on to the lower screw and then plugs into the enlarged hole to keep it from twisting? Why did that sound dirty??
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #6209
Tech Fanatic
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Yes it replaces the stock plastic bushing.
__________________
Tresrey Spec DEX410 - Yaiba Spec B5M
Konich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #6210
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,453
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

New red stuff, yeahhhh...... Looks good Dave.
__________________
Serpent USA www.serpentamerica.com, King Max Servos, Gens Ace, MIP, www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 Yesterday 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net