Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #6091
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylstra View Post
ya the durango is tuff havent broken a thing yet but pop ball cups off put the b-fast diff in but the carbon thrust balls and washers must be shorter cant get it to tighen up.or the circle clip is bent only have one. anybody tell me whats up with that.do i have to use the original washers?
Did you buy the entire kit or just the carbide balls and diff rings? I didnt bother with the thrust race from them. Using stock unit and it works fine. Make sure the rounded side of the circlip is facing inward towards the thrust race washers and you should be good. If that doesnt fix it, you have problems elsewhere in that general area.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #6092
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The build was a breeze, even the diff was not much a challenge once the circlip was in..

I did struggle with the shocks, mostly with the parts/washers so I've decided to build a different set. Any ideas as to which batch of plastic trees I can find washers- 709009 and 330011-3?

709009 shims goes right underneth the piston,
330011-3 is the first washer that goes into the bottom of the shock body.

thnax!
GuiltyByAssoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #6093
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc View Post
The build was a breeze, even the diff was not much a challenge once the circlip was in..

I did struggle with the shocks, mostly with the parts/washers so I've decided to build a different set. Any ideas as to which batch of plastic trees I can find washers- 709009 and 330011-3?

709009 shims goes right underneth the piston,
330011-3 is the first washer that goes into the bottom of the shock body.

thnax!
Do yourself a big favor and download and printout the manual on Durangos website. The manual that comes with the kit has alot of errors. Those pliers are a must, I must say
Old 05-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #6094
Tech Elite

Now if I can only find those type D suspension bushings for the DEX410 I can finally put on my Lunsford Shock mounts. Anyone got an extra set? Backordered til June.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #6095
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Do yourself a big favor and download and printout the manual on Durangos website. The manual that comes with the kit has alot of errors. Those pliers are a must, I must say
Thanx for the suggestions on the pilers! Yea, got a little frustrated with the wrong numbering! I found them on a-main!
Had fun breaking the car in at wcrc, realized a few must haves on the car..i.e. alum.clamp hex, lunsford turnbuckle set, and maybe some carbon fiber ackerman. The car has alot of potential!
GuiltyByAssoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #6096
Tech Apprentice

i bought the entire kit the trust balls and washers look shorter than the stock ones so the bearing sits lower in the outdrive it seems. try the stock ones again i think thanks for the help
zylstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #6097
Tech Elite

Quote:
i bought the entire kit the trust balls and washers look shorter than the stock ones so the bearing sits lower in the outdrive it seems. try the stock ones again i think thanks for the help
Yeah, not so sure about the treated thrust. The stock unit has given me zero problems. Just the stock diff balls that suck. Also go to their site and check out the diff building video, it really does help.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #6098
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are the aluminum rear hubs available yet to purchase? And Does anyone make sway bars for this kit?

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #6099
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
Are the aluminum rear hubs available yet to purchase? And Does anyone make sway bars for this kit?
They have been available in Europe but Tower shows them in stock here in early June.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #6100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok thanks..

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #6101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Now if I can only find those type D suspension bushings for the DEX410 I can finally put on my Lunsford Shock mounts. Anyone got an extra set? Backordered til June.
I think I bought the last set from absolute hobbyz couple weeks back. No extras bud . Just checked they are OOS there too. You might wanna try JESpares from the UK. Stuff gets here in like 5 days for me on the west coast. He has a web store and an ebay store as well.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #6102
Tech Elite

Quote:
I used the full set from bfast guys too. It fit perfect, Diffs not given me any trouble at all. If you can post pics I can help out.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #6103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
haha now that is just a waste of money :P how can that part ever wear out. Buy a good servo and be done with it!!
So I should assume that you don't have a cf battery strap or aftermarket thumb screws too? It may be bling, but I have always taken pride in having a car that looks every bit as good as it performs-why else do guys replace the wires on their esc with all black? Purely aesthetics. No biggie if it's not for you, but it's new so I thought I would put it out there. The redder the better . (Did I just make a new slogan? Lol)
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #6104
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
So I should assume that you don't have a cf battery strap or aftermarket thumb screws too? It may be bling, but I have always taken pride in having a car that looks every bit as good as it performs-why else do guys replace the wires on their esc with all black? Purely aesthetics. No biggie if it's not for you, but it's new so I thought I would put it out there. The redder the better . (Did I just make a new slogan? Lol)
Not knocking Tresrey or red, I like the products actually, All of my friends use the towers and other items, Just not for me
Old 05-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #6105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I have tresrey front bulkhead, rr rf suspension hangers, thumb screws already. No CF on the car still cos I am super OCD and will end up with the 8 racing chassis hehehe. The thumbscrews are there cos the plastics bind, the rest are for durability, the axles are for schumy front wheels (the alu hex front nuts from tresrey were crap broke on first day).

What I object to is in that blog they say the stock button part wears out which it never will!! It is pure bling!! Give me good performing durable parts that look good and I am all over it!!

My old schumacher cougar has all purple (promatch purple sticker shorty, purple body clips, purple shocks of course, rit dyed purple wheels). Even fabbed a CF wing but that was breaking the wing mounts ....

My second stock rango body is gonna be like the mclaren f1 car - silver with red highlights... guess what thats matching just ick out over red dyed wheels so stickin with black borregos for now