R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #5986
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
How do you like the Reedy Sonic? Have you used the Orions before? I currently use Orion motors and love them but the price of the Sonic is more attractive.
Have a 17.5 and 8.5 both are stupid fast, especially the 17.5 with the timing cranked. The 8.5 is a beast, and runs very cool. Are you running the Orion Race/ Pro Stock, or VST's? All of the above are great motors, I have run them all but for the price and performance I stuck with the Sonics.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 05-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #5987
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Have a 17.5 and 8.5 best are stupid fast, especially the 17.5 with the timing cranked. The 8.5 is a beast, and runs very cool. Are you running the Orion Race/ Pro Stock, or VST's? All of the above are great motors, I have run them all but for the price and performance I stuck with the Sonics.
I have the 13.5 Vortek three-piece can and a 8.5 VST. Both great. I want to get a 7.5 and a new 13.5 soon and then a 6.5 for my future 4WD buggy. I have heard good things about Reedy's and the price is better.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #5988
Tech Addict
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Stick with Orion
__________________
!!!!The Rc Assassin!!!!
Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC
S811 B-E 2.0
S811 B-TE 2.0
Serpent America ~ Crown Hobbies ~ Desoto Racing ~ VP Pro ~
dirtydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #5989
Tech Regular
 
nolimit208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nolimit208 Send a message via MSN to nolimit208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to get ahold of these guys? I had ordered a set of the pistons drill bits, almost 3 weeks ago, and there is nothing, no return emails from them about when it will be here, as of today it still says Processing. The stuff was supposedly in stock when I bought it. Why would it take the item almost a month to process? I just want my money back, and cannot reach anyone there.
Email him here : [email protected]
He usually emails me back pretty quick when I send emails to that address.
nolimit208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #5990
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I found a set at Harbor Freight for $3.00 has 3 1.00mm, 2 1.1mm,2 1.2mm, 2 1.3mm, 2 1.4mm. But Honestly it turned out easier to just epoxy the holes shut.
I never buy drill bits or anything small from harbor freight. Their power tools are awesome bang for buck though. Destroyed a computer hard drive by using their butter torx sets. The bit just twisted like taffy and the screw was lost.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #5991
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
Stick with Orion
x2. Smoothest motor I have ever driven.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #5992
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,952
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
Thinking about running blinky for a few races. Can anybody tell me what max pinion will fit with 69 & 75 spur? Anybody find one spur better to their liking than the other?
69 / 42 with gear cover mod.....
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #5993
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
69 / 42 with gear cover mod.....
I rechecked and I had plenty of space to install a much larger pinion and 40 looks good without modding anything.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #5994
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit208 View Post
Email him here : [email protected]
He usually emails me back pretty quick when I send emails to that address.
It's all been settled, got my money back, but no explaination of what happened or anything. Kinda weird. I dont think i'll order from them again. Dont really need to anymore. Im sure their stuff is nice, but lack of communication when there is a problem leaves me cold.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #5995
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I have the 13.5 Vortek three-piece can and a 8.5 VST. Both great. I want to get a 7.5 and a new 13.5 soon and then a 6.5 for my future 4WD buggy. I have heard good things about Reedy's and the price is better.
I dont really see how one is that much better then the other to be honest. If I wanted to fanboy out I would go all Orion, including Servos, and a KO Propo Radio, and batteries when the shortys come out. Saw some Team Losi guys with the prototype real short packs, not the long backs with shortys inside (I may still get the radio lol). Reedy has been good to me. The R10 speed controls to me have no equal to what I have run before, that being LRP (The worst same speed control sent in 3 times for same problem, bad BEC), Novak (second worst), and Tekin (good but not great for the price).
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 05-15-2012 at 02:59 PM.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #5996
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I have the 13.5 Vortek three-piece can and a 8.5 VST. Both great. I want to get a 7.5 and a new 13.5 soon and then a 6.5 for my future 4WD buggy. I have heard good things about Reedy's and the price is better.
Im this close to pulling the switch on backordering a DEX410V3. But Im waiting (more like drewlling at the mouth) for the Stadium Truck. If the buggy is any indication of how good the truck will be, Losi, AE, and Kyosho better watch their backs. By far my favorite ST was the RT5, If the Durango ST is as good, I will be sooooooo happy.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #5997
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I dont really see how one is that much better then the other to be honest. If I wanted to fanboy out I would go all Orion, including Servos, and a KO Propo Radio, and batteries when the shortys come out. Saw some Team Losi guys with the prototype real short packs, not the long backs with shortys inside (I may still get the radio lol). Reedy has been good to me. The R10 speed controls to me have no equal to what I have run before, that being LRP (The worst), Novak (second worst), and Tekin (good but not great for the price).
The power delivery. The tekin 7.5 I have is like a light switch. The murfdogg 8.5 I had has too much trouble (bearing maintainence is a pain and have shorted the windings somehow) speed was good though. I have a 17.5 murfdogg and its been treating me well still. The MMM speedpassion I have is good but somehow do not like mechanical timing (always worry about overheating). The orion 6.5 is smooth and still has oodles of power.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #5998
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
The power delivery. The tekin 7.5 I have is like a light switch. The murfdogg 8.5 I had has too much trouble (bearing maintainence is a pain and have shorted the windings somehow) speed was good though. I have a 17.5 murfdogg and its been treating me well still. The MMM speedpassion I have is good but somehow do not like mechanical timing (always worry about overheating). The orion 6.5 is smooth and still has oodles of power.
I dont doubt you one bit on the 6.5 having gobs of power. Always wanted to try a murfdogg, but never could find any in stock anywhere when I was ready to buy a new motor. I wonder if the LRP X20 will be any good, or if it will be an overheat machine like the X12 was. That motor got scorching hot no matter how I geared it.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #5999
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I dont doubt you one bit on the 6.5 having gobs of power. Always wanted to try a murfdogg, but never could find any in stock anywhere when I was ready to buy a new motor. I wonder if the LRP X20 will be any good, or if it will be an overheat machine like the X12 was. That motor got scorching hot no matter how I geared it.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...?s_maker_id=51. Or directly mail Matt murphy. Hes a stand up guy with regards to customer service. Just that I like orion more . I need to try the newer black can murdogg mod motors they are more heat resistant I hear.
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #6000
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...?s_maker_id=51. Or directly mail Matt murphy. Hes a stand up guy with regards to customer service. Just that I like orion more . I need to try the newer black can murdogg mod motors they are more heat resistant I hear.
Heat resistant good indeed.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16580 Today 03:10 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:20 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net